Best Shot Of Your Round

Status
Not open for further replies.
Woot woot! Attaboy!

Thanks James, first round all year where I truly felt dialed in with the Hopkins 50/54/58 it was amazing, just oozing confidence right now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nice shot Alex!!! Nice drive Joe!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Played 18 on Sunday and my best shot that round came on the 9th hole. I was playing with five clubs again, the 3W, 6i, 9i, 56*, and putter. I hit my tee shot off to the left in the short rough and about 20 yards in front of a small tree and about 155 or so out. I figure I would hit my 9i, chip on and putt out. However, I hit my 9i really well and it landed on the back of the green. I normally hit it 130-140 and to see it hit the green at 155 was an awesome sight. I two-putted for par.
One of my playing partners holed out for an eagle on the par 5 10th. Never saw an eagle in real life till then.

I played like hot garbage on Saturday, but I did manage to drain a 70 foot putt.

My best shot today was a six iron that landed about three feet from the green. It was my second shot on the only par 4 on the 9 hole course I was playing. There were no yardage markers, no GPS in the cart, and I don't have a range finder. I'm pretty lousy at estimating distances, but I got that one just about perfect.

Best shot of my round today came on the 3rd hole Par 5 which was playing 508yds. After a nice drive leaving me 240yds, I proceeded to pop my 2nd shot up and only advancing 85 yds. My next shot was from 150 yds and left it 1 1/2' for birdie.

Best today was a sandie for birdie on #4. I was in a small bunker behind a mound that fed down on to the green. Threw a shot over the mound but on the hill and it rolled out to 5 feet

I had a couple. 260 out I hit my 2 hybrid and put it to 15 feet and on hole 17 my partner says your 77 yards away I pulled a 58 and stuck it 4 inches from the cup. I looked at him and said yup 77 yards sounds right.

A couple of good shots today.

First was my tee shot into a Par 3, from 138 yards, into the wind - hit a knock down 9 iron to about 3 feet:

ee3132f232ad35144ea59a79219cb879.jpg

On the par 3 16th, I chipped in for Par. Especially satisfying after hitting a really crappy chip the shot before.

Lastly, after topping my 2nd shot on the Par 5 17th, I was able to stick my approach to about 4 feet from 140 yards out.

5edb1f19b6389bcb62f4db561e526549.jpg

Had two shots from yesterday's round, a new PB of 80. I pitched in from 75 feet on #2 for birdie after my approach was knocked down by the wind. On 18 I rolled in a 25 footer with about two feet of break for birdie to close out the round.

Had 2 today, only one of which resulted in a birdie due to poor putting.

7i (vapor pro combo) from 146:

anuvamam.jpg

54* (cobra TT from 90):

upa8ejer.jpg

Atta Cookie!

This was the most memorable from our 36 today. From 165yds with no grass under it. I'm really liking these Nike Vapors.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1413676775769.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1413676775769.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
This was the most memorable from our 36 today. From 165yds with no grass under it. I'm really looking there Nike Vapors.

I had a hunch you would enjoy them.

Sunk an uphill putt from about 30 ft for birdie.

Playing this morning with OITW I put about a 20 yard bunker shot within inches to save par.

Haven't gotten the pic from my stepdad yet, but I hit the shot of my life today. Cut the corner on a dogleg left 372 yard par 4, cutting it down to 280 to the front of the green. I flew it over all the big trees and figured it had to be close. We drove through the forest and when we popped out on the other side, I was 3 feet from the pin. Tapped in my putt for my first ever eagle. I've had a couple par 3s that were a little closer, but never been anywhere near that close to an ace on a par 4. It was mindblowing to me.

Hit a couple really nice shots today that I can remember after my round. The first was a 9i from about ~135 that I stuck to about 6 inches for a tap in birdie. But the shot that probably stands out the most was the 3h I hit on a par 3 later in the round. Hole was playing about 200, ball was tracking at the pin the whole time. Landed probably about 20 feet short of the pin, and the ball stuck in its pitch mark (the green was VERY wet). I had just had a few real rough holes, so that shot got me back on track.

Fourth hole, in the fairway, 182 out, wind helping a bit. Pulled the Apex 7 iron. Put it to 3 feet! Felt amazing. Had that perfectly flushed sound...

I hit an 8i from 167 to 4'. Good shot, but was made better because the ball was sitting way down in some nasty wet rough.

Missed the putt like a moron.

Just about every tee shot with driver today

The d200 showed up big. Did t have one spectacular shot but the ball was in play all day off the tee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back