Trip to OBX - Golf Recommendations?

JBJGolf

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I'm headed to Outerbanks in mid June and I'm looking for suggestions on courses or good deals.

I'll have me (currently a 12h) and 3 brothers all in the 20s, so I'm looking for courses that are easish per say.

Thanks All

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Carolina Club is a fun track. Only one I have played in OBX.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Hello everyone,

I'm headed to Outerbanks in mid June and I'm looking for suggestions on courses or good deals.

I'll have me (currently a 12h) and 3 brothers all in the 20s, so I'm looking for courses that are easish per say.

Thanks All

Your best bang for the buck is the Carolina Club in Grandy. It will take you about 20 minutes to drive back north from say mile post 9. The course is always in good shape and is a blast to play. Of all the courses down there this one is the most forgiving off the tee. You can get it on golfnow but if you play on Saturday or Sunday you get the better rate. Those days see less play from vacationers and have a little better rate.

The Point is the sister club to CC and you can get deal if you want to play 2 rounds. It is a par 71 and a lot tighter than CC and more water. It is more about position off the tee. It is closer to the beach by 10 minutes and is about $10 more to play a single round. In between those 2 you have Kilmarlick and it is very nice but not the most forgiving, and more $.

Back at the beach you have Seascape and the Nags Head Links. Seascape is short but tight as it goes through a neighborhood lots of sand. The links is nice but they charge an arm and a leg IMO. It is tight and short like Seascape but plays hard. The wind off the sound can make go crazy. Now is you want to drive an 1hourish west from OBX you have Scotch Hall Perverse. It is an Arnold Palmer course in the middle of nowhere and is great! It is well worth the drive and I played it last August during the week for $25 off golfnow.

Hope this helps PM if you have any other questions about the courses or places to eat down there. I can help you out.

Your best bang for the buck is the Carolina Club in Grandy. It will take you about 20 minutes to drive back north from say mile post 9. The course is always in good shape and is a blast to play. Of all the courses down there this one is the most forgiving off the tee. You can get it on golfnow but if you play on Saturday or Sunday you get the better rate. Those days see less play from vacationers and have a little better rate.

The Point is the sister club to CC and you can get deal if you want to play 2 rounds. It is a par 71 and a lot tighter than CC and more water. It is more about position off the tee. It is closer to the beach by 10 minutes and is about $10 more to play a single round. In between those 2 you have Kilmarlick and it is very nice but not the most forgiving, and more $.

Back at the beach you have Seascape and the Nags Head Links. Seascape is short but tight as it goes through a neighborhood lots of sand. The links is nice but they charge an arm and a leg IMO. It is tight and short like Seascape but plays hard. The wind off the sound can make go crazy. Now is you want to drive an 1hourish west from OBX you have Scotch Hall Perverse. It is an Arnold Palmer course in the middle of nowhere and is great! It is well worth the drive and I played it last August during the week for $25 off golfnow.

Hope this helps PM if you have any other questions about the courses or places to eat down there. I can help you out.

Thanks! I'm about to dig into booking now if I get my work caught up.

Played Currituck last year, and plan on playing again first week of July. Nice track! If your a ClubCorp member you get discounted green fees. Don't forget to go to Sundogs after for a few cold ones!

Family trip scheduled here for July 2018. Planning on bringing the clubs. This course sounds nice. If anyone wants to get out for a round, let me know.

Family trip scheduled here for July 2018. Planning on bringing the clubs. This course sounds nice. If anyone wants to get out for a round, let me know.
If I'm available I'll gladly come play

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

If I'm available I'll gladly come play

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

That'd be great and I like the "forgiving off the tee" aspect. :)

Back