Perfect Putting Grip by Pat O'Brien Review

Well done James, so simple, but yet oh so effective, sounds like a real winner!

Nice review here James. As one that tries to implement what he teaches I definitely like the thought of a "hands on" approach so to speak where you can visually see where you should be.

I think this could be a REALLY good training aid but I think something has to be done to make this reusable essentially indefinitely. I think we (THP'ers) are the exception to the norm of owning more than one putter so having to remove and hoping it goes back on after a few uses without a backup putter that it can be left on will cause some to not give this a go.

Didn't mean to beat that to death just wish there was a material that allowed for numerous reapplying of the aid. I'm a believer in what he teaches and this helps to eliminate the guessing game of where the hands go.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention with a detailed review!

Nice review here James. As one that tries to implement what he teaches I definitely like the thought of a "hands on" approach so to speak where you can visually see where you should be.

I think this could be a REALLY good training aid but I think something has to be done to make this reusable essentially indefinitely. I think we (THP'ers) are the exception to the norm of owning more than one putter so having to remove and hoping it goes back on after a few uses without a backup putter that it can be left on will cause some to not give this a go.

Didn't mean to beat that to death just wish there was a material that allowed for numerous reapplying of the aid. I'm a believer in what he teaches and this helps to eliminate the guessing game of where the hands go.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention with a detailed review!

Yeah, I hear that, for me, I like that two come in a package, it means one will stay on one of my putters permanently to always have a s a practice aid on my putting green.

I just enjoy simple, this, is simple. Its effective, and its visual, which would be huge for many.

As always good review James...i have been working on using his putting group over the last several months. it has become more comfortable and getting close to second nature. i think this aid will help get it to be to the point where i am comfortable with it and don't even think about it anymore.

really considering picking this one up. Love his thought process on putting

Good review James. This is a training aid I could see helping a lot of people. Having that visual feedback would be big for me, as I'm sure gripping this way would feel awkward at first.

Perfect Putting Grip by Pat O'Brien Review

Just received a nice email from Pat and wanted to share a portion of it so you can better understand his methodology.

"Just a quick note on PPG. I feel like once you use it for a few days or a few weeks, the grip will become natural and ingrained and you won't need it anymore. I included an extra just in case you needed a refresher sometime down the line."

Great review James!

Great review J. This has peaked my interest for sure.

As simple as this is, it's really a great tool to have in the stable. Two different applications is nice. For me it's something I'd put on a flat stick that never sees the course. Family of golfers it will work well for us.

Thanks all.

Can't state enough how effective it is. I'm a visual guy, so having that reminder is big.

So I guess hand sizes play no role in this?

So I guess hand sizes play no role in this?

All about having the demarcation points. I've got big hands and had no problem, the Docs obviously aren't as big and she could still utilize it.

All about having the demarcation points. I've got big hands and had no problem, the Docs obviously aren't as big and she could still utilize it.

Thanks buddy

Another great review James. I like simple visual aids and this looks both simple and effective.
Just received a nice email from Pat and wanted to share a portion of it so you can better understand his methodology.

"Just a quick note on PPG. I feel like once you use it for a few days or a few weeks, the grip will become natural and ingrained and you won't need it anymore. I included an extra just in case you needed a refresher sometime down the line."
#cookie,
Thanks for posting this. I also was curious about the durability but not anymore.

Thanks for the review James. I think I am going to pick this product up. I think using this every now and then would be great to reaffirm that I am starting with the same hand position everytime.

A question Jman:
I see it comes in a version for left-handers. I have aright-handed grip but putt left-hand low. I wonder if the left-hand version would work for this style of grip?

I will definitely be grabbing the RH version & applying it to a FGP to use as a training aid for the golfers at my high school. I've talked to the coach & he said most struggle with putting, so maybe SeeMore & SPi can help the teams. This would be an excellent visual aid for any kids willing to learn & improve!

Thanks again for the review!

A question Jman:
I see it comes in a version for left-handers. I have aright-handed grip but putt left-hand low. I wonder if the left-hand version would work for this style of grip?

I will definitely be grabbing the RH version & applying it to a FGP to use as a training aid for the golfers at my high school. I've talked to the coach & he said most struggle with putting, so maybe SeeMore & SPi can help the teams. This would be an excellent visual aid for any kids willing to learn & improve!

Thanks again for the review!

Great q, honestly I'd shoot them an email to be sure. I would think the LH version would do it, but I'm not positive.

The oversized SeeMore grip is similar to the SS 2.0 as you can see on the chart of there page that's why I am concerned.
Should be OK, I put it on a SS 1.0 and that grip is similar in size

The oversized SeeMore grip is similar to the SS 2.0 as you can see on the chart of there page that's why I am concerned.

You have the oversize or the jumbo? The jumbo is very 2.0, the oversize is closer to the 1.0 in my experience overall, scunch bigger, but not 2.0 big to me having played both.

Another thing to remember, it installs on the front of the grip, so if it doesn't wrap all the way around, you still get the proper placement locations. But for the super big grips (the pop can sized ones etc) it'd be an issue IMO.

Thanks Jman!!!
Another thing to remember, it installs on the front of the grip, so if it doesn't wrap all the way around, you still get the proper placement locations. But for the super big grips (the pop can sized ones etc) it'd be an issue IMO.

Back