TopGolf acquires ProTracer

yeah, that's what I thought. So I'm just wondering really what the added benefit of pro tracer at an outdoor range is. I'm probably missing something though :D

The protracer is the part that gives accurate distance they told me at flying tee that as long as it stays inside the fence it's accurate within a foot outside of the fence it using the stats of ball flight speed and spin to figure it out it's really pretty cool when your using it to see how your fading and drawing the ball and keep the stats from each shot it really helps for a solid practice routine and it's nice when playing a simulated course to actually see the ball instead of hitting into a screen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will be really cool if you can store your shot information somewhere and pull the info up later if you wanted.

It would also be cool if they started a tournament league where you could play simulated golf against someone else at a Top Golf across the country (and not necessarily at the same day/time).

They did the shot data saving part at flying tee you can create a profile and log into the system and it has your stats saved in there it's nice to use when you want the data but don't necessarily need a lesson from a coach

The protracer is the part that gives accurate distance they told me at flying tee that as long as it stays inside the fence it's accurate within a foot outside of the fence it using the stats of ball flight speed and spin to figure it out it's really pretty cool when your using it to see how your fading and drawing the ball and keep the stats from each shot it really helps for a solid practice routine and it's nice when playing a simulated course to actually see the ball instead of hitting into a screen

so the stats are coming from the Pro Tracer part not a Trackman? But yeah, in the scenario you described where you're hitting into a screen, I can definitely see the benefit and coolness of the pro tracer flight.

so the stats are coming from the Pro Tracer part not a Trackman? But yeah, in the scenario you described where you're hitting into a screen, I can definitely see the benefit and coolness of the pro tracer flight.

I think just the flight and landing point. Not the stats like spin, ball speed, etc.

I'm one that would prefer to practice with Trackman/Flightscope every time I hit golf balls if I had the option. I take lessons, but would prefer to have real time data all the time. I think it allows you to make a connection between the data needed to produce a good shot and the associated feelings you have to create during your swing to produce that good shot data (if that makes sense).

In other words "feel isn't real" until you get the right "feel" to make good shots. I think Trackman/Flightscope can help you find that "feel" faster than you could trying to find it "in the dirt".

I think just the flight and landing point. Not the stats like spin, ball speed, etc.
yeah, that's what I thought, but BA seemed to be saying he got the other data, I just have to assume that came from a LM in conjunction with this, as you said before.

I understand completely this a way to have the data and if wanted they have instructors but you also see the ball flight in person verse on a screen with me that helps a lot I'm a visual person I like seeing the ball

The two work together the first 20 feet of flight is followed by the trackman part after protracer picks it up for the distance and flight but all other stats are coming from the trackman

Are you sure Flying Tee has a TrackMan at each bay?

This is interesting. I'm seeing the possibility of using this with some sort of airborne target features. This could be cool.

I was there last night i don't think it's the trackman brand necessarily but they have 2 launch monitors at each bay one for right handed one for left handed there is a certain spot on the mat the ball has to be placed but it tracks launch angle,backspin, side spin, ball speed, swing speed amongst other things I can't remember the next time I go back I'll take video of it it's really impressive to see all of it in action

I would expect a bay rental to be $100 an hour or more if that's the case.

I was there last night i don't think it's the trackman brand necessarily but they have 2 launch monitors at each bay one for right handed one for left handed there is a certain spot on the mat the ball has to be placed but it tracks launch angle,backspin, side spin, ball speed, swing speed amongst other things I can't remember the next time I go back I'll take video of it it's really impressive to see all of it in action

It's not TrackMan or FlightScope then as they don't need to be changed based on dexterity.

Lots of launch monitors out there, some good, some decent.

I love it! We've got one being built relatively close to the house. Cannot wait to see ProTracer in action (and probably laugh).

It's not TrackMan or FlightScope then as they don't need to be changed based on dexterity.

Lots of launch monitors out there, some good, some decent.

Impossible to know without pics, but could be GC2 which isn't a bad option.

So a question for everyone.

While at the PGA Show, ProTracer had a booth showing they were now marketing and installing it at driving ranges. (so this news isn't shocking in a way). But my question is, at an outdoor range where you see your entire ball flight, is the actual visual of Pro Tracer all that important, sure it's cool and all. I don't recall the rep telling me that it would also give you launch information, such as ball speed, launch angle, distance etc. Now if it provides that as well as the cool ball flight graphic, then I can see the merit to it.

As for indoor ranges and hitting bays, yeah it'd definitely be helpful.
The pro tracer range near me gives you carry, launch angle and ball speed I believe. The actual pro tracer on the screen I don't actually care about.

The pro tracer range near me gives you carry, launch angle and ball speed I believe. The actual pro tracer on the screen I don't actually care about.
So i just went to it's website to find out more. This is a screen shot of one of the shots.

You are correct, it does provide the shot data. All they say are they are using a LM, but not what brand. I'm sure it's one that's similar to the ones found in the big box retailers where they let people do their on demoing, but not the actual club fitting bays. so the numbers are probably in the ballpark and for a fun time at the range it probably serves the purpose.

Picture-2-launchmonitor.jpg

You can also have them email you all the numbers from the session. While not perfect and obviously not as good as Trackman or Flightscope it is fairly useful compared to nothing at all.

Back