TopGolf acquires ProTracer

Going to be a pretty cool addition to what I understand is already a fun environment.

Very cool!

Can't wait to try the location in Roseville in a few months

Mans that going to be really cool.

They're doing a lot of buying these days, aren't they?

This should be a solid addition. I'm curious how they integrate it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmmmm. They are buying up a lot of tech! Big plans I would imagine.

This should be a solid addition. I'm curious how they integrate it!

They already have screens that show you exactly where you hit it into each target. Wouldn't be much to show ball flight as well. And it'll probably be super easy since the balls are already microchipped.

By the way, went to the TopGolf in Napperville for a buddies dadchelor party a couple weeks ago. Super fun environment, and this will only make it better! Or worse, depending on how happy you are with your shot shape lol

Can't wait for the one in Fishers to be built! Only a 2 hour drive!

That would appear to be a very wise investment!

This sounds pretty freaking cool.

I can't wait to see how this is incorporated

They're doing a lot of buying these days, aren't they?
Probably lots of venture money behind it. It is about the only golf related thing I would want to invest in at the moment if I needed the money to be a good investment.

Nice! I'm hoping there may be a top golf coming to somewhere near enough that I could actually go.

Hopefully they can help make it cheaper, more accessible or eliminate whatever the barrier is to using ProTracer on more holes during TV golf coverage.

There is a driving range called flying tee in Tulsa OK that uses not only protracer but also using something light tracman or flightscope I just tested it yesterday it hasn't fully opened yet but I have to say it's completely badass to be able to track literally everything it shows backspin sidespin swing speed distance carry and overall and from what they told me the simulator tracks the first 20 feet and then protracer picks it up and as long as it stays within the net it's accurate to within a foot the place has games you play or just practice and it also has the ability to play 18 different golf courses like a simulator it was like topgolf but on steroids

That will be good for those that get to use Top Golf facilities

So a question for everyone.

While at the PGA Show, ProTracer had a booth showing they were now marketing and installing it at driving ranges. (so this news isn't shocking in a way). But my question is, at an outdoor range where you see your entire ball flight, is the actual visual of Pro Tracer all that important, sure it's cool and all. I don't recall the rep telling me that it would also give you launch information, such as ball speed, launch angle, distance etc. Now if it provides that as well as the cool ball flight graphic, then I can see the merit to it.

As for indoor ranges and hitting bays, yeah it'd definitely be helpful.

Protracer doesn't show the stats of the shot as bar as ball speed spin all of that the range that I know does have it they have a 2 launch monitors in each bay one for right handed and one for left that's what tracks the first 20 feet of the ball then protracer picks it up from there I know on tour they accompany protracer with trackman

So a question for everyone.

While at the PGA Show, ProTracer had a booth showing they were now marketing and installing it at driving ranges. (so this news isn't shocking in a way). But my question is, at an outdoor range where you see your entire ball flight, is the actual visual of Pro Tracer all that important, sure it's cool and all. I don't recall the rep telling me that it would also give you launch information, such as ball speed, launch angle, distance etc. Now if it provides that as well as the cool ball flight graphic, then I can see the merit to it.

As for indoor ranges and hitting bays, yeah it'd definitely be helpful.

Cause it's cool?

Protracer doesn't show the stats of the shot as bar as ball speed spin all of that the range that I know does have it they have a 2 launch monitors in each bay one for right handed and one for left that's what tracks the first 20 feet of the ball then protracer picks it up from there I know on tour they accompany protracer with trackman

yeah, that's what I thought. So I'm just wondering really what the added benefit of pro tracer at an outdoor range is. I'm probably missing something though :D

yeah, that's what I thought. So I'm just wondering really what the added benefit of pro tracer at an outdoor range is. I'm probably missing something though :D

Well they bought golf simulator software last year. I wonder if they will incorporate the protracer into the simulator software somehow. I'm thinking something along the lines of a screen showing your simulated golfer on a hole and using your shot in the TopGolf bay with protracer to show it on the screen. I could be way off base though.

Well they bought golf simulator software last year. I wonder if they will incorporate the protracer into the simulator software somehow. I'm thinking something along the lines of a screen showing your simulated golfer on a hole and using your shot in the TopGolf bay with protracer to show it on the screen. I could be way off base though.
Yep, it will be intersting to see what they do. Marrying the two technologies could lead to some pretty cool stuff I imagine.

And oh, you're previous comment "Because it's cool" is definitely a good reason :D

I will be really cool if you can store your shot information somewhere and pull the info up later if you wanted.

It would also be cool if they started a tournament league where you could play simulated golf against someone else at a Top Golf across the country (and not necessarily at the same day/time).

Back