DB86

Reaction score
Handicap
I have been struggling with a club to fit a gap that I have. I have been trying to pick from a 5/7 wood and a 17 degree hybrid. I have a 19 degree hybrid that I really like so I have been eyeing both.
A bit of a back story to when I got the 19 degree hybrid. I ordered a "new" club from an anonymous "but reputable" company. When I got the club it was wrapped in shrink wrap, but there were some minor ball marks and scuffs on the sole. This club has obviously been a demo or a return. So I called them and sent them some photos and they agreed to give me a store credit of an undiscussed amount. I didn't really care how much because I felt like I had already got a good deal. Fast forward 7 months or so and here I am looking at an Adams idea super s 17 degree hybrid on eBay. Well they were a bit cheaper than I had paid for the 19 degree so I decided to look into it. That's when I discovered it was the same company that I had ordered the 19 degree from. I decided to call them because I had never made another purchase to use my unknown valued store credit. The person i spoke to asked my information and looked up my account and said ah yes I see here a $15 credit that hasn't been used. I said is that good on sale items? He said yes. I said well I would like to use it for a hybrid then and we placed the order "got to pick from a few shafts and pick the length" and I also requested that the grip be left off because I us a spare in the golf bag. The shipping was free on eBay so they honored that as well. I ended up paying $22.99 for the whole deal. For that if it don't work out I'll go with a 5/7 wood.

Sorry for being long winded. Hope you enjoy reading about the experience I had.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Id say thats a good pick up, good luck with it! Hope it works out to fill the gap you want.

I had a heck of a time trying to fill gaps. The listed loft can be 3* off in my experience! Measure your clubs and make sure they are what you think they are before you purchase to fill a gap, and then check the club you buy to make sure it's right too! Only a few of the many woods and hybrids i own are what they are supposed to be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did enjoy reading about your experiences, DB86. Great deal on your hybrid!

Back