That is a great looking bag Rambler!

You know what else would make you smile? Scheduling a date range for Kyle, Ryan, you, and I to play together this year!

It has been far too long! Maybe I need to ponder another Labor Day weekend golf/football weekend in Lincoln...

It has been far too long! Maybe I need to ponder another Labor Day weekend golf/football weekend in Lincoln...

It definitely has been far too long. You've got a nice looking bag there though. How do you like that Exotics fairway wood?

It definitely has been far too long. You've got a nice looking bag there though. How do you like that Exotics fairway wood?
Really solid. Even with a slightly deeper face than I normally prefer, it's perfectly playable off the turf as much as it is off the tee. Might spin a bit much for you... In which case, take a look at the Exotics CBX option.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Really solid. Even with a slightly deeper face than I normally prefer, it's perfectly playable off the turf as much as it is off the tee. Might spin a bit much for you... In which case, take a look at the Exotics CBX option.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I will have to do that. I purchased the Epic Sub Zero 15* last year which I'm really enjoying, although it goes a little too far for me (doesn't really fit the gap I need). But it's been a really solid club for me so far, not in love with it though like I was my Adams FW before the face cracked on it.

I like that set up a lot. Those C300 look great with the SZ.

Thoes Matrix green shafts are amazing love the green.

Gamer bag is slowly moving towards being solidified...

Driver - Very heavy lean towards the Callaway Rogue SZ. My driver swing is wonky, again, but there were a couple of rounds where that driver was fantastic. I'm sure I'll get it back, and the R SZ will be a really good performer for me.
Fairway - Callaway Rogue 3W is solidly in the bag. Fantastic from both the tee and deck. If the driver comes along, I could see myself going for the green on a par 5 here-and-there.
Hybrids - Callaway 815 Alpha set to 19 deg and 22 deg. Longest standing clubs in the bag, and I have no intention of changing them. Very confident in these.
Irons - Sooooo many good options. LOL. C300 Forged have been good, i200s have been good, Flirted a bit with 716CBs, flirting with another set as well.
Wedges - Titleist Vokey SM5 54S/58K. I like these just fine. Don't think they'll change unless something else blows me away.
Putter - Edel E3 is my solid gamer. I'll stick a limited run SWAG, Byron Morgan, or Betti in there occasionally.
Bag - Still rocking a Ping Hoofer. Like it just fine, but thinking about a 14 way option from Ping.
Ball - Have a few W/S DuoSpin/SSP that are almost done. Pretty sure I'll then focus on ProV1X and ChromeSoft / X to get some additional stopping power into greens.

Still hard-pondering at least a partial fitting with Club Champion, maybe for irons to potentially settle that.

Thoes Matrix green shafts are amazing love the green.

They were some of my favorites. I sold that iron set to THPer Shakey, and he's been gaming them since then.

Bwaaaaaahahahahaaaaa! No WITB update since last May? Man that is funny, actually. May be time for an early winter update.

There is always that Cortez.

Bwaaaaaahahahahaaaaa! No WITB update since last May? Man that is funny, actually. May be time for an early winter update.
I dont even know you anymore.

I dont even know you anymore.

You know me better than that. ;-)

We'll see how long it takes for my next change to come in. I may still post something before then.

Hasn't been a shortage of ponders

Ugh your bag may send me to therapy...

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Oh, I've moved beyond the pondering, Mike.

Those who are overly sensitive to change (of the golf gear variety) should look away...

It’s JDM time!

Rambler WITB

OK, while the upcoming additions are in transit, some pics of what's currently in the bag...

30cd0d11030f555192584f1f7f0f9459.jpg

db37471df7f88acc33f82320dd2fc8a9.jpg

26b1e3869d24b19a53532871c9a18c22.jpg

2e64807aef2c2e9fe364248ffca845f2.jpg

41d8b69c6486f6103b9b0dee45d95a15.jpg

Rambler WITB

And these arrived, today... Mizuno Yoro Craft MP-66s. Twilight finish.

65de0782b272fdf5fb08f1c077e8a57c.jpg

174b0e03bd06866e9845b9ce938ef1db.jpg

a7d3eda24b5b694624a04bdf871425ca.jpg

love that finish on the MP66's swaggy

Mizunos being lengthened, checked for lofts, and being bent upright. Really looking forward to some dome time with them.

And it's the off-season so why not so more bag changes? LOL. Rogue 3W is out and TM M4 4 wood is in. Hybrids are up in the air between my old trusty 815 Alphas and the G400. And putters? A whole lot of SWAG under consideration, along with a Scotty, an Odyssey, a Cure, and a Betti.

Mizunos being lengthened, checked for lofts, and being bent upright. Really looking forward to some dome time with them.

And it's the off-season so why not so more bag changes? LOL. Rogue 3W is out and TM M4 4 wood is in. Hybrids are up in the air between my old trusty 815 Alphas and the G400. And putters? A whole lot of SWAG under consideration, along with a Scotty, an Odyssey, a Cure, and a Betti.

Where is your cortex?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where is your cortex?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My second foray hitting it didn't go well... Gotta work on the driver swing before I go back to it, as I'm not hitting my other drivers well either.

Club Champion fitting finally completed, yesterday. Got through irons/wedges/putter two weeks ago, and driver/fairway wood/hybrid yesterday.

So, some big changes coming to the bag, but also some clubs staying right where they are, interestingly enough...

Driver: Rogue SZ with either Fujikura Fuel or Atmos Blue (this is a current club with current shafts - other options did not beat it, and newer versions from Callaway actually lost swing speed and did not have as good of launch conditions, which I thought was interesting)

Fairway wood: Epic Flash SZ with Atmos Blue will be new in the bag. It beat everything else, and wasn’t really close. Next up would have been the F9 Speedback, but while it had decent flight and a great sound, it spun too much and did not have the ballspeed I was getting from the Flash SZ.

Hybrid: M6 3H with KBS Tour Hybrid Prototype 85S. Again, nothing else really came close to touching this combo - everything else was much higher - too high in spin.

Irons: Already mentioned in other threads... F9 Speedback with Nippon NSPro 1050. Beat every other option we tried. Soundly.

Wedges: 54K/58K Vokey Wedgeworks with DGR300 staying in the bag. I really love these wedges and they showed that there was no reason to move them out.

Putter: Swag Handsome One Raw. Current putter. Tweaked the lie angle and loft a bit and the roll became even better than I already thought it was.

Will post new pics once everything comes in, probably another couple of weeks. Looking forward to gaming this setup.

Club Champion fitting finally completed, yesterday. Got through irons/wedges/putter two weeks ago, and driver/fairway wood/hybrid yesterday.

So, some big changes coming to the bag, but also some clubs staying right where they are, interestingly enough...

Driver: Rogue SZ with either Fujikura Fuel or Atmos Blue (this is a current club with current shafts - other options did not beat it, and newer versions from Callaway actually lost swing speed and did not have as good of launch conditions, which I thought was interesting)

Fairway wood: Epic Flash SZ with Atmos Blue will be new in the bag. It beat everything else, and wasn’t really close. Next up would have been the F9 Speedback, but while it had decent flight and a great sound, it spun too much and did not have the ballspeed I was getting from the Flash SZ.

Hybrid: M6 3H with KBS Tour Hybrid Prototype 85S. Again, nothing else really came close to touching this combo - everything else was much higher - too high in spin.

Irons: Already mentioned in other threads... F9 Speedback with Nippon NSPro 1050. Beat every other option we tried. Soundly.

Wedges: 54K/58K Vokey Wedgeworks with DGR300 staying in the bag. I really love these wedges and they showed that there was no reason to move them out.

Putter: Swag Handsome One Raw. Current putter. Tweaked the lie angle and loft a bit and the roll became even better than I already thought it was.

Will post new pics once everything comes in, probably another couple of weeks. Looking forward to gaming this setup.
Not surprised by the Flash SZ 3 wood beating all challengers. There is something really special about that club for sure.

Not surprised by the Flash SZ 3 wood beating all challengers. There is something really special about that club for sure.

I love the look/sound of the TS2 I'm currently gaming, but numbers-wise it wasn't competing. Really wanted the F9 (ohhhhh that sound at impact, and the rails are a great feature for my swing), but it took a very "specific" swing/impact to avoid spinning-up for my particular swing, and I'm not consistent enough in my swing to be able to nail that swing over-and-over.

Back