2016 Fitness and Workout Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Way to dig in there dude. Toughing it out when you really don't want to is the most satisfying. When you get your results you'll be happy you decided to go.
Thanks! I seriously talked myself into the gym, back out of the gym, back into the gym at least 3 or 4 times as I made my way down to the gym. Haha

Last edited:
Workout this morning with my instructor. Started out with our normal cardio work and immediately went into band assisted exercises working on glutes and hips. Then moved to squats, followed by deadlifts.

Ended with medicine ball tosses/slams and finished with planks. The last plank was 3 minutes long and a bear. Great workout today!

Workout this morning with my instructor. Started out with our normal cardio work and immediately went into band assisted exercises working on glutes and hips. Then moved to squats, followed by deadlifts.

Ended with medicine ball tosses/slams and finished with planks. The last plank was 3 minutes long and a bear. Great workout today!
How does he teach his squats and deads? Bar position? Depth?

No lift today. Just 35 minutes of HIIT. I am drenched. According to Fitbit HR I averaged 150 HR and burned about 450 calories. Not sure how accurate it is but it was a damn good workout

Press

Press

This was from Wednesday. First press in 2 weeks and I almost killed myself

Nice work man. I so struggle with shoulder press. Need to watch some starting strength.

Everyone (even those that only dabble in the big lifts.. maybe especially those) should watch the starting strength videos.
Nice work man. I so struggle with shoulder press. Need to watch some starting strength.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Everyone (even those that only dabble in the big lifts.. maybe especially those) should watch the starting strength videos.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
There's no videos showing me how to do curls so fk that.

I was doing really well with my workouts until about mid November. Time to fix that.

There's no videos showing me how to do curls so fk that.
True. But Chapter 7 of 'Starting Strength: Basic Barbell Training 3rd Edition' includes a very in depth analysis of a properly performed Barbell curl

Had an interesting workout day today. Did HIIT at 12:30 expecting that to be my workout, but got a text from my brother that he wanted to lift at 4, so I did that too. Weights were hard, but I still progressed on squats, bench, and deads. My weights are up to my previous max, so we're going into uncharted territory.

My left trap is bugging me during my bench, so I will try to get a video to make sure my form is OK.

Had an interesting workout day today. Did HIIT at 12:30 expecting that to be my workout, but got a text from my brother that he wanted to lift at 4, so I did that too. Weights were hard, but I still progressed on squats, bench, and deads. My weights are up to my previous max, so we're going into uncharted territory.

My left trap is bugging me during my bench, so I will try to get a video to make sure my form is OK.
No need to video, unless you want to. I know the issue and the fix. Pinch your scapulas together harder next time you bench.

True. But Chapter 7 of 'Starting Strength: Basic Barbell Training 3rd Edition' includes a very in depth analysis of a properly performed Barbell curl
Ugh I guessssssss ill read it!!!

Ugh I guessssssss ill read it!!!
It's one of the best chapters in the book. How to do a bent over row, stiff leg deadlift. all kinds of good stuff in there.

It's one of the best chapters in the book. How to do a bent over row, stiff leg deadlift. all kinds of good stuff in there.
I hope you know I'm kidding. I haven't read every word but through the months I've become very familiar with everything Starting Strength haha. Essential stuff

I hope you know I'm kidding. I haven't read every word but through the months I've become very familiar with everything Starting Strength haha. Essential stuff
I hope you know I'm serious. The book has an indepth breakdown on how to properly do a Barbell curl.

I hope you know I'm serious. The book has an indepth breakdown on how to properly do a Barbell curl.
I never underestimate the seriousness of BluJoe

Letting the body rest a bit so I only did some interval cardio for a half hour and stretched for a half hour. I've been looking at my diet a bit lately as well and I need to get in more calories. Think I'll just bring some pork tenderloin to work each day on top of my eggs fruit and nuts.

No need to video, unless you want to. I know the issue and the fix. Pinch your scapulas together harder next time you bench.

That's actually something I've been focusing on, and it still feels a bit painful. Does it make sense that it would only be one side and not the other? Is it possible that I inflamed it awhile ago with poor form and it's still lingering?

That's actually something I've been focusing on, and it still feels a bit painful. Does it make sense that it would only be one side and not the other? Is it possible that I inflamed it awhile ago with poor form and it's still lingering?
Yes to all. you may need to think "together and down" with your scapulas.
This pain may be from something other than benching, but showing up while benching.

Letting the body rest a bit so I only did some interval cardio for a half hour and stretched for a half hour. I've been looking at my diet a bit lately as well and I need to get in more calories. Think I'll just bring some pork tenderloin to work each day on top of my eggs fruit and nuts.
Are you tracking? I was struggling until I started tracking everything. It's much easier when I have things planned out or can see in front of me how much more I'll need for the day. Helps you form a plan

How does he teach his squats and deads? Bar position? Depth?
Sorry I missed this earlier..

We haven't been doing squats with a bar. Has been all dumbells or kettlebells. Depth wise he tells us to go down as far as we are comfortable, but wants us to go a far down while maintaining balance. He really stresses keeping the back upright and is quick to correct if someone starts to lean forward.

Deadlifts over the last couple of months have been with kettlebells as well. He has us with straight, maybe slightly bent legs. He wants us to bring the kettlebells as close to the floor as possible, while maintaining good posture in the upper body. On the way back up, he really pushes to have the hips explode and thrust forward.

Doubt I am doing a very good job explaining this and I am sure I leaving stuff out.

2016 thread woo hoo

Ugh the new romaleos colors look so good lol if only I won the powerball.

Does laying on the couch, count as fitness for the day? It's stretching right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does laying on the couch, count as fitness for the day? It's stretching right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I just do Kegals for reps hahahaha! totally counts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back