TCB2010

How good do the HMB’s look?!
Reaction score
I've been doing a little searching and researching on theses shafts.

Any thoughts from you guys that are playing them or have tried them or have any info on them is appreciated.

Thanks!

love them. very stable, very straight, decent kick and softer feel coming off dg pro.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been doing a little searching and researching on theses shafts.

Any thoughts from you guys that are playing them or have tried them or have any info on them is appreciated.

Thanks!

I don't have the 120s, but I've been playing the 105s for a month or so in my CF 16s and they are superb. My shot dispersion tightened up big time since having them installed with no loss of distance or decrease in ball flight. They are very, very good shafts IMO.

Think the 120s are the high bend point model, heard they play 1/2 flex soft...or heard many stiff players can handle x flex, and x flex players going to TX...do demo a 6i build first.
Nippons are nice n smooth, fwiw some prefer SPB for lower flights and DG weight, yet love the Nippon smooth feel. There has been some rave reviews of Nippon SPB stiffs hard stepped.

So, I'm playing these in the 765's which are in for review right now and I'm seriously impressed.

There is a ton of fluidity as far as feel here with a nice higher, yet penetrating ball flight and great dispersion.

I'm also playing them in S and they're definitely not playing a half flex or whatever weaker as discussed above, I'm a stronger swinger who's been fit to X and these have held up just fine.

love them. very stable, very straight, decent kick and softer feel coming off dg pro.

How would you compare the launch, trajectory, spin with DG Pro? Any differences/similarities in the long irons? Are you playing the same flex in the Modus 120 as you did in DG Pro?

I don't have the 120s, but I've been playing the 105s for a month or so in my CF 16s and they are superb. My shot dispersion tightened up big time since having them installed with no loss of distance or decrease in ball flight. They are very, very good shafts IMO.

I've been wanting to try the Modus 105 in my Apex irons. Which shafts were you playing before? Will you share your thoughts and compare the Modus 105 with your earlier shafts?

I've been wanting to try the Modus 105 in my Apex irons. Which shafts were you playing before? Will you share your thoughts and compare the Modus 105 with your earlier shafts?

I went from XP 105s, XP 95s in S300 to Modus3 Tour 105s to PX LZ Steels and back to Modus3 Tour 105s. To me, the Tour 105s were the most stable and felt the 'smoothest' out of all the shafts. My shot dispersion has been the tightest with the Tour 105s as well. They are, IMO, fantastic iron and wedge shafts.

I went from XP 105s, XP 95s in S300 to Modus3 Tour 105s to PX LZ Steels and back to Modus3 Tour 105s. To me, the Tour 105s were the most stable and felt the 'smoothest' out of all the shafts. My shot dispersion has been the tightest with the Tour 105s as well. They are, IMO, fantastic iron and wedge shafts.

Thank you! Just what I was hoping to hear as I currently play XP 105 Stiff.

How would you compare the launch, trajectory, spin with DG Pro? Any differences/similarities in the long irons? Are you playing the same flex in the Modus 120 as you did in DG Pro?

it's apples and oranges because it's a comparison of r300 to 120s. the modus feel so smooth, very explosive. flight is penetrating but still high, and spin is really good. the px lz line actually feels similar to these.

So, I'm playing these in the 765's which are in for review right now and I'm seriously impressed.

There is a ton of fluidity as far as feel here with a nice higher, yet penetrating ball flight and great dispersion.

I'm also playing them in S and they're definitely not playing a half flex or whatever weaker as discussed above, I'm a stronger swinger who's been fit to X and these have held up just fine.

I like this map a lot... Gives a good representation of shaft for swing style.

brand_steel_a.png

The 120s have been in my head a lot lately. Shame I've never even tried Nippon.

I have these in my CF 16's and between the launch and spin profile of these irons plus this shaft, it's really nice to see a mid to even mid high flight out of my mid irons with these.

I feel like I could be more aggressive with these from further out opposed to the bullets I hit before with other shafts.

brand_steel_a.png

Awesome chart is awesome. Nice representation of where each shaft falls!

brand_steel_a.png

I was told that the 125 is the boardiest of the modus line. I hit 15, 120, 125, and 130. did not like 105, loved 120 and 130. couldn't get anything out of 125. I actually hit 130 the farthest, just really had to work to do so.

I was told that the 125 is the boardiest of the modus line. I hit 15, 120, 125, and 130. did not like 105, loved 120 and 130. couldn't get anything out of 125. I actually hit 130 the farthest, just really had to work to do so.

A custom shaft shop told me the 105 and 125 are similar, so I'm not surprised you didn't care for either of them. I've never tried the 120 or 130, but I do like the ball flight with the 105s so I should be good.

For now :wink:

brand_steel_a.png

I think you'd be taken aback by the fluid feel of them through the swing, its impressive.

For me, the ball flight has been eery repeatable and workable. Both a tribute to the heads and the shafts of course.

I've had a set of 130 S pulls in my closet for about 8 months now, pondering putting them in something now.

I think you'd be taken aback by the fluid feel of them through the swing, its impressive.

For me, the ball flight has been eery repeatable and workable. Both a tribute to the heads and the shafts of course.

I've had a set of 130 S pulls in my closet for about 8 months now, pondering putting them in something now.

Well, either put them in something or put them in a box lol

Well, either put them in something or put them in a box lol

Hey you like 110g shafts. I heard shipping is cheaper to FL anyways. Haha

As Jman was saying I've also been fitted into X shafts and the 120s are all the bit stable. Solid!! In a recent fitting they compared for me to Tour V 110. I'd have to go back and look at the numbers again.

Question for Jman: Do you feel better suited to maybe the 120x or would you game the S of given the choice?

Hey you like 110g shafts. I heard shipping is cheaper to FL anyways. Haha

As Jman was saying I've also been fitted into X shafts and the 120s are all the bit stable. Solid!! In a recent fitting they compared for me to Tour V 110. I'd have to go back and look at the numbers again.

Question for Jman: Do you feel better suited to maybe the 120x or would you game the S of given the choice?
I've seen nothing so far that would make me go for X to be honest. As smooth as they are, they handle my agressive crazy swing just fine. And the numbers I'm getting are really really good.

Nippon Modus 120

Ok so I pulled up results from a fitting in December where I tried multiple shafts. The recoils weren't a fit as they only had the 880's. The Modus in S held up well

bd6d517c6014ec025cedf50dfa88de3a.png

Last edited:
I have the Modus 130 in my Z545 irons and love them. I didn't hit the 120 so I can't compare them but I found that hitting these compared to the very old iron shafts in my old Ping i3 irons was like night and day

I know my swing has changed slightly since I was fitted for them, but the dispersion with these was just ridiculously consistent for me and the only issue now is with me and not the clubs. I sit on the border between reg and stiff, but I noticed that as I tired the stiff became a little bit more difficult for me to control so I went with the reg flex

Looking at the chart above, I wouldn't consider myself a 'hard hitter' but I find that having these shafts just allows me to feel the club more which gives me the confidence to know where the club is at during the swing

Looking for some help, I currently purchased a set of Wilson fg f5 and I love them accept I hate the DG XP S300. I am hitting the ball way to high and if I tend to swing at it I'm hitting strong hooks. Question is how does the modus3 120 in a stiff compare?
Ball flight?
Feel?
Weight? And any other opinions someone could pass along.
Thx

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

The Modus will launch similarly, if not higher IME, they're higher launching than most expect, but they're also lower spin. If flight HAS to come down, I'd look at something in the KBS C-Taper or even Tour-V realm. Could get some pulls off ebay at a good price.

play the same irons..had the same problem..played the Modus 105 stiff last season...went to TT DG AMT S300 so far this season and im seeing big improvement. the weight/profile has brough ball flight down and helped me eliminate right miss.

Back