Live R&D Chat - Right Now

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
THPers,
If you get a chance, can you hit up Twitter for this one? Just include @THPGolf and we will make sure it gets noticed.

@CobraGolf LIVE Q&A with our R&D team going on now. Ask your Fly-Z questions with #AskRnD & #FlipItRipIt. Ready. Set. Ask!

nice I'll tweet some questions for them.

first tweet and I forgot the #

• Admin
Dont forget the hashtag Deano. And thanks.

On it! Woot woot!

Looking forward to this. Couple of tweets sent.

Want to know about spin, question submitted.

Got a question in. Looking forward to seeing a response, and really happy they are opening these opportunities up to consumers.

Question submitted.

I'm seeing deano's tweet, but not the others yet???,

edit, found them

Twitter novice question: What is the best way to follow this and see all the answers? Search #AskRnD? Just follow Cobra's feed? Something else?

Twitter novice question: What is the best way to follow this and see all the answers? Search #AskRnD? Just follow Cobra's feed? Something else?

searching the hashtag is probably a good bet. If you've got a twitter client for your computer you can probably add another section with comments using the hashtag.

Searching hashtag

10 min. in and still no responses?

I like a lot of what I am hearing. Sounds like lower CG option or same CG w/ more forgivness depending on the weight setting for Fly-Z+ vs. Bio Cell+. If that is the case I am in for a treat.

Same adapter, woot woot.

Move from Venollum is interesting to me, maybe a cost thing I suppose.

question sent!

I was late to the party, but submitted a question and did the online fitting.

Lowest CG of any moveable weight driver is interesting.

submitted ?s

I asked: Why the priority on front to back vs up and down or left and right? @THPGolf @cobragolf #AskRnD #FlipItRipIt

Their response was a three parter (with a bonus):

@CobraGolf:
@CanadanGolf @THPGolf 1. vs. up down: back CG gives greater spin adjustment w/ added forgiveness and will be longer than up. #FlipItRipIt
@CanadanGolf @THPGolf 2. vs. weights heel toe raise CG which reduces distance. #FliptItRipIt
@CanadanGolf @THPGolf 3. back CG will provide draw bias & our 2 positions are lowest ever in a movable CG driver & by far most forgiving.
@CanadanGolf Lastly, up down adjustability in market today yields 3800 MOI. Fly-Z+ is frm 4200 in front to 4700 in back. 24% more inertia.

They answered mine too:

I asked: Chris Mavros@cmav00 Does flipping the weight in either direction affect lateral forgiveness in the Fly Z+?https://twitter.com/cobragolf

They answered:
@cmav00 Yes. Back setting will have a higher MOI, with less: speed loss, launch angle & spin loss on off center hits. Ultimately more forgiving.

Back