What is your weirdest "quirk"?

Agent Jay

Grandaddy Alumni
Reaction score
Handicap
Simple question.....What's your weirdest "quirk"?

For me? I tend to pop my knuckles maybe more than most, also wrists. Don't know if it just feel good, or it's just one of those things I do now. I don't know.

What about you? Any peculiar behavioral habits? Minor OCD's?

Since I'm about to leave work, I'll just start with a two:

I eat peanut M&Ms two at a time, and they can't be the same color. If there's an odd number in the bag, one doesn't get eaten.

Every time I open a jug of milk, I blow off any potential milk crust around the opening and then smell the milk. Doesn't matter if I just poured a glass five minutes prior.

I won't start a round with a new ball.

Not even at a THP event where you're given a dozen balls or similar, to try out?

Golfing wise-- clean clubs after every round. If I play two in one day-- I still take time before teeing off to clean them again. I treat my clubs like people-- I treat them good, eventually they'll hopefully reciprocate.

The volume has to be turned up or down to an even number. Or 5. NEVER 1, 3, 7 OR 9.
10, 20, 30, 40, etc., if preferred.

'Weird'? I prefer normal :D. I crack my knuckles too, I'm extremely organized and like things neat. When things are in disarray is drives me freakin' CRAZY. I can relate to the volume thing, too. I usually change it in increments of 5.

The volume has to be turned up or down to an even number. Or 5. NEVER 1, 3, 7 OR 9.

i second this one, one of my OCD things.

^^^^^THIS^^^^^^

Since I'm about to leave work, I'll just start with a two:

I eat peanut M&Ms two at a time, and they can't be the same color. If there's an odd number in the bag, one doesn't get eaten.

Every time I open a jug of milk, I blow off any potential milk crust around the opening and then smell the milk. Doesn't matter if I just poured a glass five minutes prior.

HA! I do this as well!

If we are talking about "regular every day" quirks.

Now golf quirks .... I like to play with the same # ball (if I buy them) ... usually #1. So if you go into a GolfSmith and find a box of ProV1's with random #'s in them ... that's because I went in and switched out all the # 1 sleeves from 3 other boxes to complete a box of ALL # 1's. LOL :banana:

The volume thing is funny to me. A friend of ours is the same way, and I won't lie I intentionally always change it to an odd number to see if she notices. :D

I tap my foot a lot and click pens repeatedly. Sometimes people wish to murder me for these tics lol

I hate starting songs in the middle, so whenever I get in the car, I reset the song back to the beginning (I still have a CD changer).

Those are all I can think of right now, but I'm sure I have others haha

I am nothing else but a quirk ?

The volume thing is funny to me. A friend of ours is the same way, and I won't lie I intentionally always change it to an odd number to see if she notices. :D

Funny.

I don't care if it is on an odd number; I just won't put it on one!

Funny.

I don't care if it is on an odd number; I just won't put it on one!

Oh she loses it. And I don't think she hasn't caught it yet haha

I guess one quirk for me for numbers is I always like to associate it with one of mine or a pro players number. So if I am turning it up or down, I'll stop on a number of a player I like haha - i.e. I'll turn it to 28 instead of 27 or 29 for my number.

i will often tap out each syllable while watching tv or listening to music, with four fingers excluding the thumb, and i have to finish on the pinky.

i'm addicted to carmex. never leave home without it. if i forget it, it's a mad dash to the local convenient store to buy more.

i don't think i have any golf-specific quirks. i have pretty bad allergies, mostly nature-specific, so after about 9-10 holes my head starts pounding and i feel like i have cotton balls shoved into every orifice. if i'm playing well it doesn't bother me, but if i am having an off day it can amplify my bad attitude.

i'm sure i have lots others, i just can't think of them right now.

i will often tap out each syllable while watching tv or listening to music, with four fingers excluding the thumb, and i have to finish on the pinky.

i'm addicted to carmex. never leave home without it. if i forget it, it's a mad dash to the local convenient store to buy more.

i don't think i have any golf-specific quirks. i have pretty bad allergies, mostly nature-specific, so after about 9-10 holes my head starts pounding and i feel like i have cotton balls shoved into every orifice. if i'm playing well it doesn't bother me, but if i am having an off day it can amplify my bad attitude.

i'm sure i have lots others, i just can't think of them right now.

Mannnnnn, I hear you on the chapstick addiction. During #TheGauntlet I forgot mine and my laps were destroyed for about a week afterwards :bulgy-eyes:

I use club covers on my irons.....

i continue talking during my backswing... no reason to stop a coversation

OK,
I will not eat out of a common plate, like a desert. It just freaks me out to have other people putting their fork or spoon or god forbid their fingers my dish.

Even my wife of 39 years, of course she messes with me about it every possible chance.

GERMS!!!!

I sometimes converse using lines from movies. In fact I almost dropped one in the Asset Forfeiture thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I remembered another one for me, personally. When using my fast forward button, it does it in 15 (I think) second intervals and shows me how many times I've pressed the button. It doesn't matter to me how many times I press it, I just won't stop on 13.

I have to start a round with a new ball, even if I switch to a ball that I used in a pervious round

When buying an item off the shelf I have to get the one behind the first one. This is after I've looked at the first one. If only one is there, I will leave and find it someplace else. It doesn't matter what the item is.

Back