Anyone ever see this happen?

That is the reason that Ping added the silicone ferrule to the new G adapter. To add strength to prevent shaft snappage.

hmm... Didn't know that. Maybe they could 'upgrade' me?

hmm... Didn't know that. Maybe they could 'upgrade' me?

I ordered a Tour 80 shaft for my G30 over the winter and it came with the new G style ferruled adapter. I doubt they even stock the old style g30 adapter anymore.

I was looking for something regarding shafts breaking and stumbled upon this. Was playing today and broke the shaft on my GBB 5W. Didn't break in the middle. Hit the shot fat (still got close to 175 yards out of it) but the shaft broke at the halfway point.

I have seen it happen on a couple of occasions with buddies, but not just with graphite. Last year one of my regular golf partners had this happen with a Titleist AP2 5 iron with PX steel. His was an older set (710 I believe) so he just upgraded to the new 716.

It happens. Generally just ends up in a club or shaft replacement.

Well at least it didn't fly off into the desert.
9b712ef2aa8d0d540eb14b11381391ac.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For what it's worth I struck it clean. Didn't drop kick it. I reached out to the shaft manufacturer but it's been crickets ever since. Hopefully Ping can respond.

For what it's worth I struck it clean. Didn't drop kick it. I reached out to the shaft manufacturer but it's been crickets ever since. Hopefully Ping can respond.

My shaft came out of the adapter today.

Head flew?

Nope I caught it as it was working it's way out. I've been sucking with the driver the last 2 rounds and I'm pretty sure this is why.

Back