Finding the Right Driver Shaft/Flex Affect Loading of Other Clubs?

MARsSPEED

Weekend Warrior
Reaction score
Handicap
Time(23.2)
So I have never been "fitted" for a driver although I have been on a flightscope/trackman a few times. My Driver SS was coming in at around 100-102 mph with a few anomalies(120+mph?). I've been swinging a stiff shaft for the past few years with my ZL Encore.

I recently purchased a FlyZ+ with the stock VLCT stiff shaft. After a few rounds the shaft didn't feel right to me and knowing I have an extremely aggressive transition I decided to step up to X-flex.

Received the new shaft yesterday and got out for 18 holes. Not only did the shaft feel great, longer, and more accurate. I could really feel the "load" in the transition.

What surprised me most was how it affected the swing of my other clubs. I started striking the ball much better and further with every other club in my bag, not by a little either. I'm talking 10 to 20 yards further than I normally strike(which really hurt my score in the long run...)

Have any other THPers experienced anything like this. I guess I will give it a few more rounds to adjust accordingly, but strange indeed!

Back