Green Sleeve Forum Testing Review Thread

Good start testers, keep it up.

So is this something you guys envision keeping in your pocket during a round? Or in the cart if riding or easily accessible in your bag if walking? Thanks

So far as I can tell, it's not something that would be a hindrance whether it's in the pocket or not, unlike something you'd be inclined to clip on. What makes me curious (and testers I hope you'll be able to answer) is whether the dirt from the balls or the clubs stays inside the Green Sleeve, or whether it becomes an issue with the pocket being dirtied as well.

So far as I can tell, it's not something that would be a hindrance whether it's in the pocket or not, unlike something you'd be inclined to clip on. What makes me curious (and testers I hope you'll be able to answer) is whether the dirt from the balls or the clubs stays inside the Green Sleeve, or whether it becomes an issue with the pocket being dirtied as well.

That's a good call Dan, I am sure that the testers will have some input on that scenario once they get this out on the course. Does the company encourage people to clip it on or use it in the pocket?

That's a good call Dan, I am sure that the testers will have some input on that scenario once they get this out on the course. Does the company encourage people to clip it on or use it in the pocket?

Based on initial impressions I think this has the potential to be an accessory that stays in my pocket or cart when I play. I had a small pocket brush the Ping rep gave me for cleaning clubs from grass,etc when around the green, i lost 3 different ones because of the size and if it was in the same pocket as tees and ball markers it was hard to grab quickly especially between a practice swing and shot.

I am getting ready to post a pic of a before and after shot with some dirt on one of my irons. Didn't have any balls that were dirty to test right now. Will have some on course pics and updates early next week. This was a curiosity of mine as well with how long I could use it before needing to be washed and would any dirt fall out of the sleeve and into the pocket. So that will be part of my review. See next post with pics

Here are pics of the sleeve with a 5i and a ball. There is also a pic of before and after for the dirt on the 5i. No balls with dirt on them to test at this point.

With the 5i i tried to clean with just the sleeve and the dirt didn't come out. I used the sleeve in a back and forth motion and also rotating around the 5i. Next step was to dampen the inside just a little to see if that would have an effect. It took a little effort to get the dirt out but nothing strenuous or time consuming. It was probably a fraction more effort to clean the club than when using a brush.

Great start guys, looking forward to following along with y'all.

Looks really promising! Maybe I can stop using the leg of my pants to clean my balls on the green.

Just thought of something else, do you have to add water to the sleeve? Might that increase cleaning ability

Green Sleeve Forum Testing Review Thread

I'd guess if you add water you certainly don't want it in your back pocket after.

Thanks for all the pics and thoughts on these today guys. Great start to this testing. Hope to have mine in hand for the weekend. We have a group of 14 Saturday and it looks likes 10 on Sunday. Would love to have this available to see what everyone's thoughts were on it.

I'd guess if you add water you certainly don't want it in your back pocket after.

Just thought of something else, do you have to add water to the sleeve? Might that increase cleaning ability

To get the dirt out of the 5i I did have to add some water, not much though. I put a small amount on one side of the sleeve to get the heavy dirt out. Sand might not be too bad dry but will test this out to confirm.

Kevin you bring up a good point. I only used a small amount of water to test and didn't see ant issues with getting through the sleeve. I will do a test here tonight with some more water to see.

The Green Sleeve arrived today for testing. Thank you to THP and Green Sleeve for opportunity.

The packaging is nice and simple, with care and suggestions for use. I received the Green and White Stripe Sleeve and it looks really good in person--THP-esque, which I really like. While I won't be able to test it on the course until Saturday, it fit very comfortably in my pocket and for someone like myself who doesn't like to carry anything other than the necessities, I don't foresee it being a distraction while I play.

I snapped a photo of the Green Sleeve next to an iPhone 4s for the sake of scale.

IMG_2227_zps94e62e48.jpg

IMG_2229_zps1cf5652c.jpg

IMG_2230_zpse58e82c7.jpg

Nice pics. You are going to get to use it before me on the course so I will be interested to see your take. Im trying for Sunday but its looking more like Tuesday for me to get out.

Edit: Wife came home earlier than anticipated so got a quick video with putting water on the inside of the sleeve. You can see where I put a good amount of water the outside did get wet. The other side wasn't visibly wet but I did feel a little dampness. From what I have read on the website and the videos they have this is designed for wedges and ball cleaning on/around the green so normally loose dirt/sand and that might not require water to remove. Will see more in testing on the course.

Nice pics. You are going to get to use it before me on the course so I will be interested to see your take. Im trying for Sunday but its looking more like Tuesday for me to get out.

Thanks. I like the idea and concept and if I can avoid having to take a towel to the green to clean off the ball, then this product is a win in my book.

It's a good sign it wasn't soaked because it looked like you put a fair bit of water on it. I will see how it does cleaning the ball dry and add water as needed on Saturday.

Thanks. I like the idea and concept and if I can avoid having to take a towel to the green to clean off the ball, then this product is a win in my book.

It's a good sign it wasn't soaked because it looked like you put a fair bit of water on it. I will see how it does cleaning the ball dry and add water as needed on Saturday.

Im like you I want something that I can take with me for quick cleaning of clubs and ball around the green. Concept wise I like the sleeve. As for the water, I put just a few "drops" earlier to clean the 5i and it was dry on the outside. I was curious about if the water would seep through if it was more than "dampened" like the package says. Kevin (T2GRN18) brought up something I was curious about if I planned to use this for more serious club cleaning so I went ahead and tested. Using a goo amount of water "more than damp" will cause the water to seep through, not something I want if I plan to keep it in my pocket. Should be some fun testing on the course. Curiosity now is how dirty of a ball can be cleaned without needing water and if sand comes out easy from a wedge.

Could have used mine today on the course. Hopefully I'll get a message from the wife saying it arrived today.

Just got mine in:
79ab95019bfa1ff42316b521fc1ec5cd.jpg

b91e529d4027032978a02fa980d88392.jpg

First thoughts:

Size is nice - I can put this in my left front pocket (currently empty when I play) and not have it annoy me.

Like that I got black, love that I got one with the LPGA logo on it!

Fits an iron (even a clunky GI model) and ball very well, will get it on the course this weekend to see how it performs.

aae35617513dfb27a8b64da37309599b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great pics. The LPGA branded sleeve is very cool.

I wonder how long they will hold up long term. Not having to carry a towel to clean off the ball in my books is a win.
Great start guys.

I wonder how long they will hold up long term. Not having to carry a towel to clean off the ball in my books is a win.
Great start guys.

This is one of the biggest questions I have. Between dirt, sand, cleaning the sleeve will be interesting part of testing. The other ponder is how lomg to go between washing it and will it stand up to constant washing

I have not gotten mine yet but I've saved my clubs from my last outing to be cleaned with this! I will be in touch once mine arrives!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is really sharp looking mancest. The LPGA log looks great.

Back