John Daly and Champions Tour

And people assume that the lawsuit is the only reason people cant stand him. Or that him trashing a tournament and person for not giving him an exemption. Or the countless other things he has done to make a mockery of himself and the sport. Not everybody has the wonderful cousin's brothers sisters uncle girlfriend says he is awesome interactions. There are THPers (we dont speak about personal appearances) that have said how poorly they were treated. Others might have loved their interactions. And thats cool too.

very good points and far be it from me to discount anybody's personal experience. i can only go by the people i've talked to who have had direct interactions with him over many years.

He may win a tourney but he won't help ratings at all. His schtick is long past its prime. Happy Gilmore wasnt funny after happy Gilmore.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I beg to differ man. Wasn't it last year in Hawaii that the leaders went out and had a small crowd because all of them were in Daly's gallery. Might be remembering the wrong venue. But that's why all those tournaments gave him exemptions. It wasn't because they thought he might win, it was because of the crowds he would draw.
And he'll do the same thing on the Champions Tour imo

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy s5

I beg to differ man. Wasn't it last year in Hawaii that the leaders went out and had a small crowd because all of them were in Daly's gallery. Might be remembering the wrong venue. But that's why all those tournaments gave him exemptions. It wasn't because they thought he might win, it was because of the crowds he would draw.

Getting local crowds and drawing ratings are two very different things.

Different demographic but only time will tell.

Love him or hate him lot of folks on this forum continue talking about him...... he is an Open Champion......he sells tickets making money for the tournament he is playing in.....the media loves a train wreck.

Different demographic but only time will tell.

John Daly brings 'em out!

I'm just amazed he is still alive.

Its always weird at first to see someone first play on the senior tour after watching them on the regular tour for so long.

He's all class.

Also appears he is drinking again, and becoming a cow again.

He's all class.

Also appears he is drinking again, and becoming a cow again.
Addiction is a hell of thing.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Will be cool to see John Daly and his son at PNC Father/Son challenge.

I have been a fan of his since 91. I read his book and unfortunately, I can relate to him more than I care to admit on the addiction side of things. Although I do not have a gambling problem.

Back