Srixon Z F45 Fairway Wood, Z H45 Hybrid, and Z U45 Utility Preview

The H45 22* has arrived!probably won't get to hit it until Monday though

The F45 5 wood finally arrived from Japan :D Really baffles me why it's not available here

20369511561_a3af8b2639_c.jpg

The F45 5 wood finally arrived from Japan :D Really baffles me why it's not available here

20369511561_a3af8b2639_c.jpg

Yup. I might have to make another other side of the pacific purchase.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The H45 22* has arrived!probably won't get to hit it until Monday though

How's the 22?

How's the 22?

One round with it and it is a high launching monster. Definitely launches higher than the 20* U45. Hard to tell about carry distance. Need to sneak out one evening and find a long empty Par3 and let a bunch of shots rip with each. Might even have to get a launch monitor involved. Definitely easier to launch, that's for sure.

Srixon Z F45 Fairway Wood, Z H45 Hybrid, and Z U45 Utility Preview

One round with it and it is a high launching monster. Definitely launches higher than the 20* U45. Hard to tell about carry distance. Need to sneak out one evening and find a long empty Par3 and let a bunch of shots rip with each. Might even have to get a launch monitor involved. Definitely easier to launch, that's for sure.

Glad to hear it. It is super solid, the same as the rest of the lineup.

Glad to hear it. It is super solid, the same as the rest of the lineup.

Yup, it's never been an issue of performance with their hybrids and utility irons, just trying to find that perfect club for yardages and shots I want out of the club in that gap

Really really eying the H45 25*.

Do it!!

That good? It would be a total guess buy. Cannot find one locally to hit. Been searching for a 5 hybo to replace my 4 iron! I need forgiving and high shots!!

That good? It would be a total guess buy. Cannot find one locally to hit. Been searching for a 5 hybo to replace my 4 iron! I need forgiving and high shots!!

They're great hybrids. I keep almost buying one myself after demoing a few times.

Haven't really jived with the 22* hybrid like I thought I would. I feel like the ball is ballooning on me a bit. Going to have to get it on a monitor against the utility iron to see where I'm really at. I also picked up a Heavenwood on ebay super cheap, which will be vying for the gap between my 4i and 4w

Just ordered the U45, 20* Nippon 980GH stiff. I'm not a high SS type but I was getting some consistent numbers around 14.8 launch, 210 carry, 36 deg descent angle with this and nice dispersion. I was surprised that the face was pretty forgiving on thin and toe strikes as well.

I've reshafted the XR irons to something a bit heavier, stiffer with a mid-range tory so I will probably re bag the 5i, add the U45 and drop the hybrids for a bit.

Has anyone tried the 16* hybrid? Also how does the fairway compare in forgiveness to the mainstream Callaway/TM etc offerings?

Have a Fujikura Speeder 865 shaft coming to try in my 4 hybrid. Having decent results with the Kuro Kage stock shaft but feel it could be a little better with a different shaft. Really like the Speeder 665 shafts in my fairways so thought this may be a natural fit for me.

First post... Wanted to bump this thread. Currently playing the Driver & Irons, but don't know much about the Fairway & hybrid. Anyone still playing Srixon Z F45 & H45 fairway & hybrid??? Are they easy to hit, forgiving, etc? Or more of a players club? I'm playing G25 in both right now & am just curious. No place around here to demo. Just haven't seen much out there about them. Didn't know where they fell in the line... Closer to the Z545 line driver & irons (more forgiving)? Or, closer to the Z745 line (more players clubs). Would love to demo, but no place around here has any Srixon clubs at all. Bought Driver & Irons blind & have been VERY happy. Thanks!

Last edited:
Also would love to hear how they compare to my current set up (G25 & XR Fairways, G25 Hybrid), as well as how they compare to the CG 588 line of Fairways & Hybrids (another line I am considering). Thanks!!!

I game a Z H45 4 hybrid. For me, it is more of a long iron replacement hybrid than a distance hybrid. Fits perfectly between my 180 yard 5 iron and 210 yard 5 wood. I am by no means an expert on hybrids as I never really got along with them prior to finding this one, but I would say it has mid level forgiveness.

Yea, not looking for long, just accurate. Think I may like the heavier head of the F45, but just not sure.

Last edited:
First post... Wanted to bump this thread. Currently playing the Driver & Irons, but don't know much about the Fairway & hybrid. Anyone still playing Srixon Z F45 & H45 fairway & hybrid??? Are they easy to hit, forgiving, etc? Or more of a players club? I'm playing G25 in both right now & am just curious. No place around here to demo. Just haven't seen much out there about them. Didn't know where they fell in the line... Closer to the Z545 line driver & irons (more forgiving)? Or, closer to the Z745 line (more players clubs). Would love to demo, but no place around here has any Srixon clubs at all. Bought Driver & Irons blind & have been VERY happy. Thanks!

I think they are both more forgiving than they look. Hybo is normal size. FW is average to slightly smaller/compact than some others. That being said, both are more forgiving than one would expect. The whole line is awesome.

I game a Z H45 4 hybrid. For me, it is more of a long iron replacement hybrid than a distance hybrid. Fits perfectly between my 180 yard 5 iron and 210 yard 5 wood. I am by no means an expert on hybrids as I never really got along with them prior to finding this one, but I would say it has mid level forgiveness.

Agreed. It's more forgiving than it looks, normal and repeatable distance. I love mine as well.

Srixon labels both of them "all ability", which would put them in line with the 545, but the fairway to me is more along the lines of what someone who plays the 745 might prefer - it's on the smaller side . The hybrid is a more forgiving look.

That said, the fairway is still pretty forgiving for its size.

Srixon labels both of them "all ability", which would put them in line with the 545, but the fairway to me is more along the lines of what someone who plays the 745 might prefer - it's on the smaller side . The hybrid is a more forgiving look.

That said, the fairway is still pretty forgiving for its size.

Yup. This. They are both almost in between the lines - like a 645 ish haha

Personally, I like the Srixon better than the 588 line. You can't go wrong with either though. Both are outstanding

Back