Do you play a goat track ?????

I've played a couple of local goat tracks because the price was slightly more than a large bucket of balls. Can't beat that when you need your practice.

We play a goat track every Sunday morning but we have a group of 30 guys that play or we all might try to find another goat ranch lol

My home course is not quite a goat track, but it's not the best course around by any means. I like the staff, and the price is right. Level ground on the tee boxes can be hard to find and some of it gets a bit swampy (flying bitey things included) but it's quiet and I can get out and walk 9/18 basically 7 days a week with no wait, if I time it right on the weekends.

In a couple of weeks I'll be playing at Brora which is right up in the north of Scotland. The greens have electric fences round them to stop sheep grazing on them, and there is a local rule that you can get relief from animal dung. The fairways are kept short by the sheep, and it's a blustery little links right along the coastline. It will be awesome!!

I played a REAL goat track a few times when growing up. Goats actually were turned loose to graze on the course.

My home course is what many like to joke is a goat track. The ones that actually think that though have never really played a goat track.

I don't play them much anymore since my membership includes a couple of nice nearby courses.

I grew up playing on one though. It was great, it taught me how to hit off of some pretty tough lies and wasn't super busy so I never felt pressured. They will always hold a special place in my heart.

On Holidays up at Seneca Lake, NY, my friends and I always plan to play Oak Hill and Monroe CC up in Rochester but I think we have much more fun at the goat track in Ovid. It was a track built by the doctors at a nearby former mental hospital. Cheap beer, good friends, lots of dollar bets for hitting shots out of bad lies.

I would not call the public muni course I am a member of a goat track, but it is certainly not the lap of luxury either. It is pretty well maintained the majority of the time and is a good layout.

Back