New Shaft Suggestions

Shock11

Reaction score
Handicap
I was finally fitted for the first time the other day for new irons. Ended up going with Apex CF 16 with Recoils 760 shafts/regular flex. Went from hitting a slight fade to actually hitting a nice draw. My 7 iron swing was 75 mph and average carry was 155. My existing irons are stiff flex. I realized my driver is also stiff flex which I believe would cause a fade also due to my lower swing speed. I have also read that a weaker flex may help with distance but could sacrifice accuracy. I'm going to head up this afternoon and see about getting fitted for a new driver shaft. Any shaft suggestions is greatly appreciated.

My irons are regular flex (Nippon NS Pro Modus3 Tour130) and my driver shaft is a stiff Speeder 665 and the only issues with either of them are down to the idiot swinging them....

Go have a try of various options but at the end of the day pick the one that gives you the best results regardless of flex

I just finished some analyzed swings and the numbers more or less show I need some lessons. Need to reduce side spin and backspin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like you should try and enter next month's THP & UST Shaft Spectacular. Its completely free and lucky THPers get a full fitting and gear.

look for a high bend point shaft for the driver, and loft up

If you are carrying a 7i 155 you are likely a stiff flex with driver. What is your typical ball flight with driver with stiff flex?

Back