Golf Club Carnage

IceyShanks

NiceyThanks
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
I thought it might be interesting for a place to show all the golf club damage we see or inflict!

Hit a drive on 9 tee yesterday, didn't sound or look good, looked at the club to find this!

I thought it might be interesting for a place to show all the golf club damage we see or inflict!

Hit a drive on 9 tee yesterday, didn't sound or look good, looked at the club to find this!
I think you tee'd it up to high:banana:, kidding kidding but that sucks... Did you call wilson?

Last edited:
Uh Oh. That doesn't look good!

How? How did that happen?

I don't have photos, but back in high school I knocked the heads off of a couple of clubs from a graphite-shafted set of Knight irons. Sports Authority gave me my money back after the second one, and I put the funds toward the set of King Cobra II's that I used for the next decade. Coincidentally, I knocked the head off of one of the Cobra II's many years later when I hit a tree root on an aggressive recovery shot, which is the last time I can remember damaging a club.

This was the result of the second swing I ever took with my Razr Hawk driver. It was cold out so that probably didn't help. I did hit the center of the face though.

395274_344000912277342_349346398_n_zpsd1hbwwhb.jpg

404315_344000978944002_876264069_n_zps9hykjal6.jpg

The club felt very weird after impact. The shaft didn't completely break off afterwards. It was hanging on by a few threads and fell of a few moments later. The scuffing on the ferule was after the head fell off and hit the ground if I remember correctly.

I don't have any pictures, but I had a 3-wood shaft break into 3 different pieces (broke by the head and by the grip) on me after hitting the root of a tree on a full swing. Also hurt my wrist pretty bad as well. I'm always pretty cautious when I'm around the base of trees now.

Back in the late 90's I was playing with a couple friends of mine and it was one of the guys like second time ever playing golf and he was borrowing some clubs from the other guy's dad. The irons had graphite shafts in them. Hole 7 was a par 3 over a pond. My friend hit his shot and it was the best shot of his brief time playing golf. It was a perfect shot right to the middle of the green. Then we notice the club head flying after the ball. The club head went about half way and landed in the pond. We all fell out laughing. It was one of the funniest things I've witnessed on the course. The club sheered off right where the shaft enters the hosel.

I think you tee'd it up to high:banana:, kidding kidding but that sucks... Did you call wilson?

If he called Wilson they would probably tell him, thats all fine and good sir, but sorry we can't help you since your playing a Callaway Driver. :alien:

If he called Wilson they would probably tell him, thats all fine and good sir, but sorry we can't help you since your playing a Callaway Driver. :alien:

Hahaha, I thought that looked callaway... But his signature said Wilson unless I was reading the wrong thing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We had a golf outing for my salesmen at my company about ten years ago. I was new with the company and set the whole thing up. We had a large meeting and had salesmen from all over the country come in for it. I was adamant that our head of engineering play and get to know the guys. He was not the golfing type and had never swung a club before. I told him that I would put him in a foursome with some good players and it was best ball so it didn't matter how he hit. He was still hesitant, but agreed to play. He was sharing clubs with the guys in his foursome and his biggest concern was that he would do something stupid and break someone's club. I assured him that he would be fine. Literally on the first tee he slammed his teammate's new Big Bertha driver into the ground and shattered the shaft where it meets the head. I about fell over. We kept the head and it is on the bookcase in our president's office as a reminder of that day. The company bought the guy a brand new driver.

Hey Kyle,
Still have my TM SLDR Mini?? Stupid vise....

You're not supposed to hit it THERE!

Back in the late 90's I was playing with a couple friends of mine and it was one of the guys like second time ever playing golf and he was borrowing some clubs from the other guy's dad. The irons had graphite shafts in them. Hole 7 was a par 3 over a pond. My friend hit his shot and it was the best shot of his brief time playing golf. It was a perfect shot right to the middle of the green. Then we notice the club head flying after the ball. The club head went about half way and landed in the pond. We all fell out laughing. It was one of the funniest things I've witnessed on the course. The club sheered off right where the shaft enters the hosel.

The last par 3 at the muni course in my hometown is basically all pond up to the green. After a high school buddy dunked a couple of tee shots, he dumped a bag of balls on ground and said he wasn't leaving until he hit the green. He dunked 'em all, and then tossed his club into the pond in a fit of rage. My brother then reminded him that he had been playing that hole with my brother's club.

Still makes us laugh every time we go back home and play that hole.

I had a shaft that happened on before it broke it started making so cracking noises

I posted this when I was a newbie on this site. Had a Nike Str8 Fit driver and was on the range and the shaft broke during the swing and my club head went down range.

I know I've got pics of my RAZR Fit shaft that snapped when I came in steep and fat. I'll dig 'em up and edit this post when I find them.

d41c1f5824863eac0c1ac6c6ae277d6b.jpg

819a2f6c961b8d845be2dab1a0831ed4.jpg

Here's the RAZR I mentioned earlier.

5dc9afaa78654a7c37aed787657bd7a3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back