Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 815 Driver Preview

Trying to have the blue show up here.

f3457ed1a051a1dbc0e32e541ed7c872.jpg

Had to reread this thread now that we get a chance to evaluate/review this bad boy!

I cannot wait to hit this thing. Alpha 815 has some big shoes to fill....I love my Big Bertha. But she should be worried...there looks to be a new girl in town! :D I do love the styling. Clean, classy, but progressive enough to be entertaining.

Trying to have the blue show up here.

f3457ed1a051a1dbc0e32e541ed7c872.jpg
Just a Suttle hint of Blue hope it plays as well as it looks. Hope they ship a bit early to arrive on the 13th. I just pulled the trigger on an X2HotPro with tour green. Really like that shaft. If the White Tie 5X4 in the 815 doesn't work out I'll have a back up. And a back up driver. Win win.

It looks like a beast. Very sharp.

The amount of adjustability is remarkable. I could tinker for a full season and still have some settings left untried.

It looks filthy long.

Want.This.Driver!!!

I'm really looking forward to seeing everyone's feedback on this. I'm giving the BB/Tour Green combo a test run right now, but I'm not sure it is going to get my spin down quite enough. I'm really curious to see if this might be a better fit (though I may have to wait until the price comes down a bit).

This is one beautiful looking club!

I'm not sure I'd choose the word beautiful for my description. Not that its ugly, don't get me wrong, I think its amazing. Beautiful strikes me as the debutante or prom queen, when this looks like the girl you don't bring home to meet the folks. You know, just like the one dad told you about from before he settled down and met mom.

Had a chance to see and hit the DBD today. Really think I'm going to like it. Only hit it with the Rogue stiff. Felt really solid nice muted sound when flushed. GC up for me seemed to work best. Also may try the Tour Green I have in it. Now I can't wait for 11-13. Only 8 more days.

I really just love the look of this club. Going to be in Myrtle this weekend with the wife and hope to find somewhere to try this out a little better than what the local GG has

I really just love the look of this club. Going to be in Myrtle this weekend with the wife and hope to find somewhere to try this out a little better than what the local GG has
I had to hook up with a Cally rep to hit the DBD. No one had one. Maybe they'll have more of a selection down there as the release date gets closer. All the local shops have around here us the 815 w/ stock Speeder in R flex. That didn't fit me well.

I need to hit this beauty. I've not seen first hand, but the pics make it look incredible. Definitely on top of the want list.

I find myself visiting this thread every day just to gaze at the pics of this gorgeous driver.

Waiting for more demos to hit the local golfsmith so I can try the rogue in this bad boy!

Took a couple of swings at Golfsmith yesterday, they only had a demo with regular stock speeder shaft. Very appealing to the eyes, I will say. Looks very smooth!

Anybody else hit this yet? As someone who definitely needs to find a way to lower my spin with the driver, the 815 and DBD have me really intrigued.

Golf Galaxy had a demo club and I wanted to pull my 757 shaft out and give it a try. Unfortunately, it was only available in RH. Sometimes I hate being LH!

5 more days and these bad boys are shipping.????

I hit the 10.5 815 today with a speeder 565 stiff, gravity core down. The speeder was ok. The head is great. Somewhat more forgiving than the current Big Bertha, which is not hard to hit at all. Much better trajectory than the Bertha. When I get it on the course I'll find out about distance. From my monitor session, I would say that I'll have to play this at 11.5 degrees loft to get the best distance; definitely lower spin. I was hitting this club very straight. Shots were very repeatable. To me, it was obvious that this was an improvement over the Big Bertha. I ordered it with a regular Speeder 665. I'm thinking now that that was a pretty good guess.

Took about 20 swings today on a simulator with this today in a stiff speeder shaft. I love how it feels and still goes a mile on mishits. Great club!

Tap tap taparoo

Back