The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate hypocritical people or those that hide behind a false narrative to justify themselves or their actions. Just be yourself & be honest about your actions/choices and I'll have more respect for you.

In the end I know it doesn't matter, but in glad to see these true colors so I can steer clear

Thoughts and prayers for your and the Mrs, Erky.

Just got a call from my dad. They just got back from the oncologist with bad news about my step-mom. She's a tough lady, and has been fighting stage 4 pancreatic cancer since January of 2012. She wasn't supposed to last 6 months and has lasted 35. She's not about to give up. They are going over treatment plans, etc. I am just shocked, as the tumors were either all gone or really, really tiny at the end of August, and now there are several over 2 inches. Her weight is down to about 100 pounds. She's so tough. She hasn't even considered giving up. This was a punch to the gut.

I am so sorry to hear this. Thoughts to you and your family.

Why is integrity so much an afterthought nowadays?

At the end of the day, I can rest my head knowing I took no shortcuts, and done the best I could.

Treat people with respect, dignity, and like you'd wish to be treated.

All to difficult for the masses I guess!

Why is integrity so much an afterthought nowadays?

At the end of the day, I can rest my head knowing I took no shortcuts, and done the best I could.

Treat people with respect, dignity, and like you'd wish to be treated.

All to difficult for the masses I guess!
Head up CJ. Stay true to yourself and don't let distraction like these get in the way of the good in you.

Man, this flu killed me. It's been a week and I'm still pretty weak. Walking is decent, but writing is still a struggle. It gets better each day, but still in recovery mode.

It's great golf weather, but I can't even think of swinging a club right now.
Yeah you looked pretty drained today when we ran into eachother. Feel better dude!

I changed the tires on my car over to my studded winter tires today. 10 minutes to change two tires..... 1.5 hours to change the other two. Freeking rims on the front seem to rust just enough during the summer so they get stuck like crazy.

Not a fun time changing them in the dark and the cold, hoping that the two front rims loosen up.

I changed the tires on my car over to my studded winter tires today. 10 minutes to change two tires..... 1.5 hours to change the other two. Freeking rims on the front seem to rust just enough during the summer so they get stuck like crazy.

Not a fun time changing them in the dark and the cold, hoping that the two front rims loosen up.
Ive had to absolutely kick the crap out of my front wheels a few times to get them off. Good luck dude!

Ive had to absolutely kick the crap out of my front wheels a few times to get them off. Good luck dude!

I am thinking it is the rims. The winter rims I have center on the studs (I think). The summer rims have more of a lip on the hub itself. I just run steel rims year round (with no covers), and I am thinking that extra lip seems to rust more making them impossible to get off. Luckily the last tire finally came off, but I seriously have no idea what else I can do to get them off easier (besides possibly putting the wheelcovers back on).

Well, one last one for the day.
I mentioned to my wife that I would be on the road most of the day tomorrow, headed to east Texas to visit a few customers. She flipped out a little.
Apparently she was having something delivered to my office tomorrow for our anniversary. Great.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Positive thoughts going out to all those dealing with family illnesses, hoping for the best.

GregDan...there are others on here, that you know a lot better than me. But I sincerely enjoyed our chat and the beers we shared at the IBar. Feel free to reach out to me anytime. I'll PM you my cell.

Chris hope you get feeling better soon buddy. The Flu sucks.

Last edited:
Driving to MD today for a funeral, good guy, good father and just plain ole cool dude. Death sucks, especially when it comes too soon. My sister and the kids are in pieces.

Driving to MD today for a funeral, good guy, good father and just plain ole cool dude. Death sucks, especially when it comes too soon. My sister and the kids are in pieces.

Sorry to hear that Marc. My thoughts and prayers are with your sister and her family. Drive safely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So many here dealing with very tough things. My heart goes out to you all. Prayers are with you too.

Well, one last one for the day.
I mentioned to my wife that I would be on the road most of the day tomorrow, headed to east Texas to visit a few customers. She flipped out a little.
Apparently she was having something delivered to my office tomorrow for our anniversary. Great.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sorry man. That stinks. Sounds like the epitome of a catch 22.

I hate to hear this buddy , Just know we are thinking about you guys . Have a safe trip .

Have a safe trip Marc. I'm sure your sister will be blessed to have support there.

Sorry to hear that Trout.

I'm so ready for this week to be over.

Sorry Trout, thoughts and prayers.

Safe travels Trout, my condolences.

My condolences Marc. Travel safely.

Really sorry to hear that Trout, thoughts are with you guys.

Sorry to hear that man.. hope the family pulls through it o.k. Was it sudden?

minor rant in the scheme of things several of you are dealing with, but the network integration I'm working on with the company that bought the company I work for was supposed to have been finished by now. Network pieces just started getting put in this week. This pushed PC deployment to the week of the Grandaddy... not that I had much of a chance to get in, but it pains me so much to not even be able to try now. so disappointed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back