Srixon Z 745 Irons Preview

Maybe I'm over-analyzing here, but would the V-sole design (bounce front/and trailing edge) create an issue if I ordered these a degree or 2 weak? Worried about catching the ball thin. I'm already a "digger" so hopefully it'd be okay. I really like my current wedge/bag set-up and don't want to buy another gap wedge. Most likely I'd just get them 1 degree weak, making the 9 iron 42*, which is what I'm aiming for. The PW would just collect dust anyway since I have a good wedge set up for my game (48, 54, 58*).

Thoughts?

MikeD let me hit his 7 iron Saturday morning on the range.

It felt very smooth with the turf interaction. Matter of fact the 7 or 8 shots I hit with it were better than any 7 irons I hit with mine that day.

Boy I sure wish I had thought to seek out someone with these irons, would have loved to at least see it in person. Has anyone seen these in stores yet?

Boy I sure wish I had thought to seek out someone with these irons, would have loved to at least see it in person. Has anyone seen these in stores yet?

Should be in stores in Nov for the stores that will carry them.

had a online chat with a rep and he said more shaft options would be posted next month, the new Miyasaki Shafts will not be offered for import

A couple of weeks ago my pro brought out the new Z745 and Z545 drivers, the Z F45 and the Z H45 fairways and hybrids. I hit the Z 545 driver and bought it on the spot with the Kuro Kage stiff flex. He had to call his rep to make sure he could get another demo but he knew I wasn't given it up. I played the Cleveland TL 310 for 4 years and have hit everything but nothing has knocked the Cleveland out of the bag but the Srixon did immediately. The feel was softer and the ball flight was perfect. We jumped on Trackman and my numbers were great for me and my ball speed increased around 3-4 mph but increased around 8 mph on slightly miss hits which is what I was looking for. It is by far the most forgiving driver I've hit. I'm a very good ball striker and I've looked for a more forgiving driver but most forgiving drivers are higher spin but not the Z545.

If if you couldn't tell I love the driver. I'm looking forward to trying out the irons and hopefully they will replace my Adams XTD Forged irons. The sole is what has my interest peaked. I'm a digger/driver. Not extreme so I think the soles will be perfect.

There is a really solid thread on the driver where Morgan Cup guys have provided lots of great feedback. Join in for driver talk.

Thanks JB. I realized that after I posted. Sorry about that.

It's getting ridiculous how good these irons are for my game. Had one of my best iron striking days on Friday going 10-13 in GIR's when I used one of the 745's. I missed one that was right on line but hit over the green and two others where I had a sidehill lie that was offline a bit. No complaints and they just continue to get better and better.

It's getting ridiculous how good these irons are for my game. Had one of my best iron striking days on Friday going 10-13 in GIR's when I used one of the 745's. I missed one that was right on line but hit over the green and two others where I had a sidehill lie that was offline a bit. No complaints and they just continue to get better and better.

Love reading this dude. Keep it up!

one of those two 4 irons does not look like a 545, looks like a Japanese release, very similar. Nice to see him gaming those either way

ahhh found it, that extra 4 iron is the Z 725 Japanese release, i am sure it his utility iron if i was to hazard a guess.

Been waiting for GMac to make the switch. Good to see!

Been waiting for GMac to make the switch. Good to see!

he saw how much you love them, and could not wait any longer.

Well I did it sight unseen, bought a 4-PW set with KBS Tour 90 shafts off the bay. worst case I may change the shafts but they might be a great combination with this head. Just could not stand it any longer, they are just calling me and the little voice keep saying do it, do it and Nate's reviews put me over the top. Got a good deal for what is out there advertised with the upgraded shafts. Now to clean up the APEX pros and get them in the market place before the bill comes in.....

Well I did it sight unseen, bought a 4-PW set with KBS Tour 90 shafts off the bay. worst case I may change the shafts but they might be a great combination with this head. Just could not stand it any longer, they are just calling me and the little voice keep saying do it, do it and Nate's reviews put me over the top. Got a good deal for what is out there advertised with the upgraded shafts. Now to clean up the APEX pros and get them in the market place before the bill comes in.....

Oh no....pressure!!!!! Ha! Good for you. Still best iron I've hit and still in the bag. Lighter shaft so hope it still holds up to expectations. Look forward to hearing about it!!

Oh no....pressure!!!!! Ha! Good for you. Still best iron I've hit and still in the bag. Lighter shaft so hope it still holds up to expectations. Look forward to hearing about it!!

No worries, I was going to do it since I 1st saw them. Just love at 1st sight, kind of stupid to buy without hitting them but I could not find any to hit and worst case I would have to reshaft.

I am going to give the Tour 90 a solid try. The last time I tried the Tour 90 was in my older MB and the launch was very high for me, but that was over a year ago so now with the new and sometimes improved swing who knows. Figured if I hate them the resell would be easier with the KBS in them, but I don't see that happening.

No worries, I was going to do it since I 1st saw them. Just love at 1st sight, kind of stupid to buy without hitting them but I could not find any to hit and worst case I would have to reshaft.

I am going to give the Tour 90 a solid try. The last time I tried the Tour 90 was in my older MB and the launch was very high for me, but that was over a year ago so now with the new and sometimes improved swing who knows. Figured if I hate them the resell would be easier with the KBS in them, but I don't see that happening.

Would you go with CTL instead if you had the choice? You were quite fond of it if I recall correctly without going back to the Apex thread.

Would you go with CTL instead if you had the choice? You were quite fond of it if I recall correctly without going back to the Apex thread.

Really not sure, I think if I made a change it would be to a graphite shaft like MCI or Matrix. But it will take a few rounds to see how the clubhead plays with the KBS

Really surprised this thread does not get any work. I may have to cut this trip short and get home to try mine.

Really surprised this thread does not get any work. I may have to cut this trip short and get home to try mine.

Of the 8 Morgan Cup'ers, 6 of them went with the 545's so they are getting a little more play on here than the 745 thread. I think that some are also thinking these are more of a "players" iron than other irons out there which is not the case. I think the 745's are very similar to the Apex's in many ways. I actually let one of the DFW'ers hit a few shots with the 745's last weekend and he surprised himself with the shots.

I can't wait to hit them, was pondering the APEX MB but they did not have any demo clubs at the Annika Ac. When I had my lesson and these popped up on the bay. In the long run these should be a much better fit for may game

Back