Would You Rather?

Would You Rather?

• Fun & Super Slow

Votes: 27 15.5%
  • Non Talker & Fast

Votes: 147 84.5%

• Total voters
Non-talker and fast provided the fellow was at least cordial and polite. If he was totally disconnected, I'd rather play alone.

I'll take non talker and fast. Just because there's not much talking doesn't mean it won't be fun

My patience level runs about a -3, so non-talker and fast.

I find it strange that so many of us have stated many times in the past in these forum pages that part of their golf enjoyment is about socializing with good and friendly company. Now I do understand the problem with the answer is the "super" in the slow part that may be the kicker here but still makes me wonder. Its also strange how many will concern themselves with time because they just cant be away from their home and/or work lives for long rounds of golf (which I of course understand) but yet will arrive an hour early and also then stay to drink an hour afterwards. Just sayin :)
I guess spending extra time is only valuable or tolerated when we ourselves use it. I'm not afraid to admit I would be just as guilty of that as anybody. I hate waiting too. Whether at golf or at the grocery store, the bank, or doctors office, whatever, but when the delay is due to my own business it magically becomes ok. Its like when one complains of pace yet finds it perfectly fine to look the full 5minutes for his ball or perfectly fine to take all the time he wants to putt. I think we all by nature (to some degree even if a little) have this selfish trait built in us.

I voted non-talker and fast. I'd rather that than be holding others up, personally.

non talker and fast. If I'm playing by myself I'm gonna be out there for a reason

Fast and quiet. We can both play our game and be done in a reasonable amount of time.

Fast play would be my first choice.

I voted for Fun and Super Slow as fun trumps slow for me. Also, if they really are FUN, then I can get in their ear and speed them up....

I'm there for fun, but not really super slow.

see what I did there, I non talked and went fast...lol

At the end of the day NOTHING is worse than a super slow player. So non-talker and fast for me.

Fast and quiet pleases me the most.

But if you're going to be stuck with a slow guy it might as well be enjoyable.

Quiet and fast every time.

LOL at all the guys who say play fast, shut up and keep to yourself. But then will tell new people to get over playing with strangers, get out there, meet new people and have fun.

Fast and keeps to himself.

I'll pick the fun guy. I don't think fun necessarily = slow, but I would still pick the fun guy. I play golf for fun.

LOL at all the guys who say play fast, shut up and keep to yourself. But then will tell new people to get over playing with strangers, get out there, meet new people and have fun.

I agree. I can put up with a person's pace of play if I am enjoying the company. Especially if we are walking. If you're out there trying to set a new land speed record, golf isn't for you.

My father in law is a nice guy, talks the talk but is painfully slow. I don't play golf with him anymore LOL

Fast, but not overly rushed. I still need to think when I play. It'll just be a quiet twosome.

I agree. I can put up with a person's pace of play if I am enjoying the company. Especially if we are walking. If you're out there trying to set a new land speed record, golf isn't for you.
I need a new job then.

Looks like I am in the majority. Quiet and fast!

Back