carolinaborn82

Reaction score
I like to walk and I keep hearing how spikeless shoes are more comfortable than the plastic spiked shoes. But my question would be how many rounds do you get out of them before they start getting smooth and you have to replace them?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I like to walk and I keep hearing how spikeless shoes are more comfortable than the plastic spiked shoes. But my question would be how many rounds do you get out of them before they start getting smooth and you have to replace them?

I've never worn out a set, and I play WAAAAAAAAAAAY more than the average golfer. Hell, I've never even slightly worn out a set, and I wear mine as day to day shoes as well.

I've never worn out a set, and I play WAAAAAAAAAAAY more than the average golfer. Hell, I've never even slightly worn out a set, and I wear mine as day to day shoes as well.
Awesome...what are your go to spikeless shoes?

I'm in the same boat as Jman - I walk all the time, wear my spikeless shoes from the car to the range, wear them off the course as tennis shoes and I've never come close to wearing them out. I tossed a pair of FJ Contour Casuals because the uppers started looking really worn (the nubbins on the bottom were fine). Frankly, they wear light years longer than spikes on spiked shoes for me.

I've owned 2 sets of FJs, 3 sets of TrueLinks and Pumas. The Pumas are best for me by far.

I have several pair of spikeless golf shoes and have never worn the nubs down very much. I wear them as "street shoes" all the time. I have 4 pair of Ecco street casual, one of which is almost 5 years old. The very back "outside" nib is almost gone now but the others are still good. I also wear Truelinkswear and Puma golf shoes but they show no wear at all. I'm not a "walker" though and at 68 I ride all my rounds. I try to play 100 rounds a year but health problems cut my year short last year and I only got in 70 rounds. This year I have played 41 rounds so far and I got a late start this year due to the same health problems that cut my year short last year. I should be close to my 100 this year if the weather holds and I can stay healthy.

Agree here
Puma ignite Spikeless

I really think that is player dependent. It also has a lot to do with the terrain you walk on. Lush conditions and someone that has a normal gate will last longer than someone that plays on hard, dry turf and drags their feet.

That being said, I have several pair so they tend to last a good bit since I switch between multiple pair.

I have 3 pairs of spikeless that I have worn for 6 months without any spike wear yet. My soft spikes would be almost shot now. Really like the comfort and the ability to put them on and wear all day both on and off course. Happy 4th, Tim

I had Eccos. They were barely adequate when new, and worn out in less than a season. They are still fine and comfortable as casual shoes, but don't provide enough grip to counter my (heavy, 105kg) body rotation.

I walk at least 100 rounds a year and have yet to wear out the nubs on the soles. The reason I have to replace them is because I wear out the uppers about once a year. I have always worn Adidas and recently bought a pair of Puma and have been mixing those in.

I tend to wear spikeless golf shoes daily even when I have no chance of seeing a golf course that day and have never found any wear to speak of.

Walker here. My wife got me a pair of Ecco Biom Hybrid II Golf Shoes for Christmas and I then bought 2 pairs of Puma Bio Drive leather shoes. After using spikeless exclusively since Christmas I will never buy another pair of spiked shoes. They are so comfortable, durable and just look good both on and off the course.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm in the same boat as Jman - I walk all the time, wear my spikeless shoes from the car to the range, wear them off the course as tennis shoes and I've never come close to wearing them out. I tossed a pair of FJ Contour Casuals because the uppers started looking really worn (the nubbins on the bottom were fine). Frankly, they wear light years longer than spikes on spiked shoes for me.

I've owned 2 sets of FJs, 3 sets of TrueLinks and Pumas. The Pumas are best for me by far.

Agreed.

Also i wear mine off course only a little but spikeless are fantastic comfort wise I have spikes but i much prefer spikeless

I've switched primarily to spikeless golf shoes as I love the flexibility they offer (wear to work, then directly to the golf course, etc). I have had Eccos, Pumas, Callaway and Adidas. The only ones that showed any wear at all were the Eccos--the shoes I wear primarily to work (a lot of concrete and other rough surfaces) and only after three years.

I play Ecco Hybrid Tour and haven't worn them out playing golf 2-3 times a week plus wearing the shoe casually around with slacks. I've had them for over two years now.

Spikeless Shoes

I agree with everyone here, wearing out the studs on spikeless shoes is a non issue. As to what shoes to get..... Anything with 3 stripes on the side and the word boost in the name!

I have a pair of ECCO Street shoes, the "Freddie Couples" and I love them. Comfy and I wear them quite a bit on and off the course. I agree with most, they don't wear out like you would think.

I have had my spineless for 2 years now, no problems at all with them.

I wear strictly spikeless and wear them around town sometimes and have seen no signs of wear.

Sounds like I will be getting some spike less shoes then. How do they compare to soft spikes in the stability dept?

Sounds like I will be getting some spike less shoes then. How do they compare to soft spikes in the stability dept?

I have FootJoy FJ Sports and adidas adicross iii and have never had a stability issue. I've never thought twice about slipping in them in any wet conditions.

Same here. I have two pairs and one is going on three years old and still more less like new.

I've never had a stability issue while hitting a shot with spikeless shoes. Just be careful on wet concrete.

I wear spikeless almost exclusively these days. I have not worn out spikes yet. I have worn the shoe out before the spikes give out. I play on softer greens and I am not small guy (225lbs) and feel my spikes shoes would just mark up greens so bad. The spikeless are very comfy and I love them. I wear biom hybirds, puma ignite spikeless, and boosts these days (shoe ho) and all are great. They have great traction and are easy on the feet.

I like spikeless for overall everything

Back