I survived leaf season...

zeroputt

Reaction score
Handicap
12.6 GHIN
Lost four balls. Found more than that. And...

...took 118 x 64-gallon bags of leaves from our property to the town compost dump.

I didn't, lost close to nine today.

Lost two due to leaves today. Pretty frustrating: you see the balls reach the ground, but still can't find them...

I probably lost more in the last 2 weeks or so than I have all year combined. I never lose balls, but get too impatient looking for them when I know they're either in or just off the fairway.

I've done pretty good with the leaves so far.

The way they are talking we will be in snow season come Monday, better switch to orange balls.

I lost one no more than 10 feet off the fairway the other day. My playing partner lost two. I was thinking about switching to yellow balls but not sure of that would be any better.

More leaves on the trees than on the ground here still.

It's not the loosing the ball that bothers me the most its the leaves on the green which makes putting impossible

It's not the loosing the ball that bothers me the most its the leaves on the green which makes putting impossible

This!

Pine needles everywhere here...they get blown all over the greens. You have to clear a path before you putt.

Nice thread idea. Lost I think 4 golf balls to the leave monster. Found at least double that. Today I found a prov1 and a prov1x. Nearly new for both. Lost my last B330 unfortunately

Weather forecast here now says 3-5 inches tomorrow.

I've played in the snow before. I'm not sure orange balls will help. I've tried all kinds of colored balls, but found that the trick is being able to locate the entry point of the ball in the snow.

The way they are talking we will be in snow season come Monday, better switch to orange balls.

I survived leaf season...

I have found about twenty Pro Vs in my last 4-5 rounds. My shag tube is filled with them. Been good for me. Hoping karma does return back from whence they came

On the putting green, various winged seeds are everywhere.

Weather still has been too good at this point but surely in the next month it's going to be crazy on my course.

Yeah. The guys here were pretty good about blowing the greens, but when I started early there was a lot of leaf clutter on the greens. Sometimes I cleared it, sometimes I just putted through it and figured one leaf will kick the ball to the left, the next leaf will kick it to the right, etc.

I remember playing a course in Illinois, Cinder Ridge, with several golf buddies late in the season. We were the only fools on the course. They sent a guy out in front of us to blow the greens. We felt... special....

Played on Friday and was very lucky to not lose one. I was surprised that I didn't because the leaves were all over.

I lost 2 balls of mine yesterday under the leaves and found one. I hate losing the strokes more than anything.

Leaves are now mostly off the trees here, and my home course has closed for the year, as have some other local courses.

I've been losing about 3 per nine holes, but I've been finding 2 to 3 times that many. I normally play Bridgestone e6 but i've got almost 2 dozen scuff free Pro V1's and several other top of line Nike, Callaway and B-Stone B330's.

I actually did really well during leaf season this year. I started saving my used balls early in the year (which I would normally discard after a couple of rounds due to road rash or normal wear) for use during this less then optimal time. End result - no lost balls!

Our greenskeeper's revenge tournament was held after a heaving downfall and I learned a secret to getting a clear putting path: pick up a rake from one of the bunkers that no-one is going to rake anyway. Works great for clearing your putting path or for moving a pile of leaves when you think you know where the ball is...

I forgot to mention an interesting aspect of leaf season: leaves (in piles) in the bunkers.

A couple of times, on the same hole, I hit into a bunker in front of and right of the green. There were a lot of leaves that had blown in there and piled against the lip, and, somewhere in/under them, my ball. I managed to find the ball both times. The fun part was blasting out of both sand and leaves. Great sound and neat visual effect.

Back