The Official Tiger Woods Thread

It must be part of his rebuilding process. You must hit rock bottom before you can climb back to the top?

I don't know, its pretty bad, almost embarrassing.

It seems he has forgotten how to play golf. I look at the leader board filled with run of the mill tour players and TW is dead last.

agreed. Look at some of the shots he is attempting around the greens. I can't recall how many times I've seen him try to hit bump and runs with 5 irons so many times in a round. Now maybe the course sets up for that, but seems like others have no problem using wedges. It's just a shame because he had the best short game on Tour. Now he has to use long irons and putters because he is covering up the yips.

It must be part of his rebuilding process. You must hit rock bottom before you can climb back to the top?

How many times does Tiger have to hit rock bottom?

can you diagnose what is going on? Is it swing related or mental? I cannot figure it out.
no trust in his own game, drives in the water, skulling & duffing chips, 3 putts a par 5 he reached in 2

His new shoe ad showed me a glaring swing flaw that He needs to fix. His left arm pulls and breaks down after impact which is causing him to flip at the bottom. He swings so fast, you cant see it, but I watched is a few times and it is a big flaw at his speed.
can you diagnose what is going on? Is it swing related or mental? I cannot figure it out.

It is not a process, his game is non existent. I will be the first to jump in his corner but I am seeing stuff that beginners do. It's like he lost all his momentum and has no clue how to get it back.

Seeing the highlights now........it's painful.

Isn't his biggest flaw the mental aspect? I'm getting the impression he's over-thinking a lot of shots... Probably due to insecurity.

no trust in his own game, drives in the water, skulling & duffing chips, 3 putts a par 5 he reached in 2

he said this in his post round interview yesterday that he needs to trust his swing and his new found speed that requires going down a club

It is not a process, his game is non existent. I will be the first to jump in his corner but I am seeing stuff that beginners do. It's like he lost all his momentum and has no clue how to get it back.

I honestly think he's done. Stick a fork in him unless some HUGE changes are made. He looks like a single digit capper out there right now.

Wait until Bay Hill comes around. I have a feeling the "He was just rusty and now he is back" things will come out more often at that point.

Wait until Bay Hill comes around. I have a feeling the "He was just rusty and now he is back" things will come out more often at that point.

Do you really think with the current swing/short game he can compete anywhere? I know he plays well at Bay Hill, but this is beyond bad...

You know me bro, I love the guy to win. But I do not see it. If he plays poorly next week, I may change my avatar to a giant fork.

probably. I mean I would think playing is the way to get through this stuff for him. It'd be good if he could add another event here in the near future. I know he has next week, and then we probably don't see him till the Honda. Maybe he is rusty, but man it just looks awful.

I haven't watched any of his rounds but WOW!!! Dead last and so many shots over par is crazy. I think his problems are almost entirely mental, you don't go from playing golf like he used to to playing this **** without something being seriously wrong upstairs. To the people who said he'll win multiple times this year including a major, how do you like his odds now? Let's see him making cuts before we start talking about wins.

Been watching since it came on today. Just sad, sad, sad.

He is plus 11 through 17.

I keep thinking about the time Ken Venturi ridiculed a struggling pro for shooting in the 80's, saying the guy was a hack and didn't deserve to be on tour. Yeah, Tiger has reached those levels. Unbelievable.

82 w/ 2 birdies

could we hear...

Tiger how did you shot 82?

I missed an 8 footer for an 81 on my last hole

from his post round presser...."caught between patterns" is why he shot 82

Does Tiger know much about the swing? Or is just extremely talented and can take someone's vision of the golf swing and execute that. I would like to see what he looks like practicing on his own.

It seems almost impossible to say, but Tiger needs a sports psychologist more than he needs a swing coach

You know me bro, I love the guy to win. But I do not see it. If he plays poorly next week, I may change my avatar to a giant fork.

But to be fair, you do change your opinion of his future, like I change underwear. :D
Just two days ago you had an Augusta prediction (we share it by the way).

He should move away from all swing coaches and move towards someone who can make him believe in his game again. Shouldn't necessarily be a mental coach, but someone who he trusts enough to take heat from.

Hire Steve Stricker.

Back