Does whats on the sole of the club bother you?

jdtox

Lord Tox
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
The new pic of the Mizuno driver got me thinking and I think this applies to not only drivers but putters as well. Some drivers/putters have lots of graphics or adjustments on the sole of the club. Heck our putters are covered for protection most of the time in our bags and the only time you really see them is when you show it to someone because they are not visible at address.

So why does what you can't see at address affect your purchase either positively or negatively?

Nope, not me, not at all. I don't even care what the crown looks like (for the most part).

Nope, not at all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am not sure it does, I think the crown has a more affect on a potential purchase or not.

On a putter it matters a little bit more, but on a driver the sole means very little.

Looks wise, absolutely not. Performance wise, yes. I have an example of what I mean by that: last week I tested the M2 fairway wood against a few others and when taking the club back would catch the bottom channel on the turf. I did it again when I was swinging my brothers M2 driver. I know that's more of a problem with my swing, and something I could work around, but it was something that turned me off about it. Aesthetically it didn't bother me at all.

If i hit the club poorly, ill blame the looks. If im smashing a club, it could be ugly as hell and i wont pay attention to it.

Call me crazy but having a club that is aesthetically pleasing to my eye grows my confidence in the club. So if I know its a club I really don't like the look of I don't have as much confidence in it. Just the way my mind works. With the New Mizuno driver the thing that really got me was the weight the protruded out of the sole. I know swinging it I would always be worried about hitting the ground first with the weight and screwing up my drive even more than normal.

Unfortunately, it absolutely does to me. I won't buy something I can't look at from all sides. I don't care if it's not visible while using it or not.

Nope, not me, not at all. I don't even care what the crown looks like (for the most part).
I agree, looks seem to be less and less important to me as time has gone on!

Nope. I care more about what the top looks like.

So why does what you can't see at address affect your purchase either positively or negatively?
Doesn't matter in the least to me as long as it looks good to me at address

Not really, except I do get annoyed at some of the adjustable drivers that like to hold excess dirt/sand in their sole cavities.

I really don't care what the sole of the club looks like.

Not really, except I do get annoyed at some of the adjustable drivers that like to hold excess dirt/sand in their sole cavities.

Your not supposed to take a divot with your driver. Just sayin.

It doesn't bother me at all.

I am not concerned what the bottom/sole of the driver or any other club looks like.

Yes. Someone here will tell me I'm stupid but I don't like the soul of the new 917 drivers. The weight tube at the back would make me feel like I'm going to brush the ground with it... I know I wont but just knowing its there would make me feel weird about gaming it...

Does not bother me other than those clubs are harder to clean, but I can live with that.

Not one bit, the sole is not seen. I'm more concerned with the top line view

The only club (putter) I have where I relish what is on the sole is the one I had custom made wife stamps to represent my deceased parents and wife and kids. Other than that one, I could care less what is on the sole.

Nope does not bother me at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not at all. A busy sole doesn't bother me in the least.

No I don't care what on the sole. You can't see it from address.

Back