most embarrassing thing you've done golfing

When I first started playing golf I was using my dads clubs. I was out with some buddies and super frustrated, and I chucked his PW at a tree. IT got stuck in the very top and I couldn't get it down. I haven't thrown a club since

When I first started playing golf I was using my dads clubs. I was out with some buddies and super frustrated, and I chucked his PW at a tree. IT got stuck in the very top and I couldn't get it down. I haven't thrown a club since

Sounds familiar. When I first started playing, I got frustrated after a shot and threw my club (my PW) straight up in the air. Well I forgot that I was standing pretty close to a tree and my less than perfect toss resulted in the club getting stuck up near the top of the tree. I had to go back later with a football to knock it down.. Trying to get the club down in front of a bunch of amused golfers has been reason enough for me to never throw another club.

During my second MC, I got asked by the local news station to do an interview. Did the interview and he wanted me to tee off a ball. So I tee off a ball. It's flying right towards the spectators of the group in front of us. It proceeds to hit the top of Wadesworld wife's golf cart. My heart was pounding in fear as I'm sure hers was after it collided with the top of the cart.

BTW... That interview was sort of embarrassing and hilarious at the same time... Anyone remember it???

During my second MC, I got asked by the local news station to do an interview. Did the interview and he wanted me to tee off a ball. So I tee off a ball. It's flying right towards the spectators of the group in front of us. It proceeds to hit the top of Wadesworld wife's golf cart. My heart was pounding in fear as I'm sure hers was after it collided with the top of the cart.

BTW... That interview was sort of embarrassing and hilarious at the same time... Anyone remember it???
You mean this one!
[video=youtube;bFFUnPK-zO8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFFUnPK-zO8[/video]

I'd say the most embarrassing thing I've done has been the way I've acted a few times. Most of the guys I play with are significantly better than me. I've overreacted to my horrible play a few times and pit a damper on the whole day.
I finally realized that my crappy play wasn't bothering anybody but me, while my reaction to it was ruining a good time for everybody.

I'm now able to play like crap and still have a good time.

1. I broke a few clubs as a teenager. I'm still embarrassed about how I acted as a teenager, regarding my temper.

2. Hit a worm burner off the first tee of my first college tournament where the coach had me in the #1 spot. Played the #5 spot the next day. I'll never forget sitting in the station wagon after round 1.
Coach: Looking in the rear view mirror, "Hey Black! What spot did you play today?"
Me: #1 Coach
Coach: What spot are you playing tomorrow?
Me: #5 Coach
Coach: G.D. it, your smart. I knew that academic scholarship would payoff.

You mean this one!

Still can't help but laugh every time I see this. From the facial expression after teeing off to the Ricky comment....not sure it could've gotten any funnier.

Had an ever so slightly downhill lie in a bunker at the Grandaddy. Used that ever so popular leading edge of my SW and skulled one at a giant picture window of a multimillion dollar house... i dropped to my knees (in the bunker)

luckily it hit the roof and rolled into the pool... Dnevs, Harry, PhillyV, the 5-time hideaway club champion, and my caddie were all very impressed!
The fact that you laid face down in the grass so you could hide is what makes me still laugh haha

Dude that interview is still pure gold Jeremiah

You mean this one!

And there it is... My 15 mins of fame.

It takes a lot to "not want to be at the Hideaway" but I won't lie, there were a solid 1.5 seconds there where I was wishing that I was elsewhere

It takes a lot to "not want to be at the Hideaway" but I won't lie, there were a solid 1.5 seconds there where I was wishing that I was elsewhere
Until it splashed in the pool and all was well

I putted Scarnici's ball at The Ranch when I played a round this past summer with him and OITW. Whoops!

Thanks for forgetting me Deuce haha.

Dude that interview is still pure gold Jeremiah

What's funny was the interview was like 5 mins. He asked me like 6 or 7 questions and only aired that little bit. I feel like I was set up. The camera man was laughing his butt off.

The most recent guffaw was this last season about 3 months ago on the 14th tee box of my home course.
I was playing with one friend and 2 strangers that got put with us.
They had all been admiring my driving prowess on the day, so getting cocky, I said that I was going to drive over the corner of the bunker and leave myself a 70 yard wedge into the green. I took a mighty swing and promptly whiffed it. The 2 strangers thought it was a practice swing till my buddy almost fell over from laughing.

Note to self....Never call your shot out loud.

I was late for a big local money tournament once, and I was part of the final group, we were all less than 5 handicaps. I didn't get ANY time to warm up, just threw my clubs on a cart and went to the 1st tee. Lot's of people watching as we were a solid group....topped it right off the front of the tee box. LUCKILY, it was a Par 5, so I hit my 3 wood down the middle and took an longer iron into the green and pared. BUT it was embarrassing.

My performance at #TheGauntlet last year. Shot the round of my life the Sunday before with 3 THPers and proceeded to play like absolute garbage the entire weekend and lose both matches, but more specifically the last hole at Dubsdread. Had a chance to halve the match and I fan my drive almost OB right, chop it back across the fairway just short of the water and with everyone else waiting on us behind the 18th green, chunk my wedge shot into the water. It wasn't even close. Put my clubs up and caddied the rest of the hole. I was sick to my stomach the entire ride/flight back home.

Still had a great time.

Blame it on AJ.

Mine might be sliding the cart down an apparently icy hill on Black Friday with Philly Golf Guy. I'm really happy that I didn't kill him.

I took a spill in a bunker a few years ago. I was trying to get out and the sand was way too soft and somehow I ended up going over backwards. We were all laughing, including me as I was laying there.

I have one:

At a mixed scramble. I was a 37 handicapper at the time. At the first tee I nicked my tee shot two inches off the tee.

Back