Bridgestone True Balance Putters - Forum Review

What model do you have? I won a TD03 for $65 ($50usd), not sure if that is a good price or not, but it is the first one ive seen in NZ.

Stellar price IMO and the TD-03 is a great putter. I have both the TD-01 & TD-03.

What model do you have? I won a TD03 for $65 ($50usd), not sure if that is a good price or not, but it is the first one ive seen in NZ.
I have the td03 and I'd say that's a great price for it. Can't wait to hear what you think about it, and the only advice I can give is to keep an open mind and try it out for a round or two before passing judgment.

Stellar price IMO and the TD-03 is a great putter. I have both the TD-01 & TD-03.

Do you still have them with the factory grip or have you changed them?

Do you still have them with the factory grip or have you changed them?

Factory grip on both of them. Some say they don't like the feel of the grip, but for me it has been a godsend.

I have the td03 and I'd say that's a great price for it. Can't wait to hear what you think about it, and the only advice I can give is to keep an open mind and try it out for a round or two before passing judgment.

Im open to trying most stuff. I was surprised that it went for that price, I thought one more bid then boom I won. I was looking at a WHP but got this instead so will be cool.

Factory grip on both of them. Some say they don't like the feel of the grip, but for me it has been a godsend.

Do they feel a bit weird? I use a SS 2.0 now, are they any where near similar to that feel? I have read part way through the thread and they seem to be a good putter.

Do they feel a bit weird? I use a SS 2.0 now, are they any where near similar to that feel? I have read part way through the thread and they seem to be a good putter.
The grip is nothing like a super stroke, in feel or shape. Not saying it is a bad thing, but completely different. The foam grip is a pistol style first of all, and the foam is not tacky at all. That being said, I didn't mind the foam after the initial shock wore off.

I don't ever think I'll get away from this design. I switched to the smaller of the two foam grips is even lighter than stock. And I could not live a putter more. I'm so confident from every distance with this putter.

The grip is nothing like a super stroke, in feel or shape. Not saying it is a bad thing, but completely different. The foam grip is a pistol style first of all, and the foam is not tacky at all. That being said, I didn't mind the foam after the initial shock wore off.

Thanks Neb. I guess it will be an initial change but soon get used to it I hope. The SS was a lot different when I got that and got used to it very quick.

Thanks Neb. I guess it will be an initial change but soon get used to it I hope. The SS was a lot different when I got that and got used to it very quick.

Worst case scenario, if you hate the foam grip, you can always regrip with a super stroke like I did, I actually don't think it changes the feel that much (which is good) but is just a grip I'm more comfortable with.

I had a chance to demo these at a Bridgestone sponsored clinic a few weeks back. Unfortunately, I only tried the TD-03 with the small grip but thought it was incredible! I must have hit 15-20 putts with it and made all but one. I am just about to pull the trigger on one but am now torn between the -01 and the -03, wishing I had also rolled the -01. Granted one is a mallet and the other a blade, but the -01 seems to have a longer neck. Any thoughts on which style might be a better for someone who has gone back to putting left hand low? (Which, BTW, alone has improved my putting.)

I've played most of this year with TD-03 with smaller grip and have enjoyed it. I discovered the TD-01 at a local golf shop which is very rare around here and immediately fell in love with it. I should have played this putter all year instead of the TD-03. It's a must have for me. Christmas is coming

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Played my TD-01 in its first full round yesterday and really enjoyed it. I really like the heavier head and the way it just pendulum's with your arms and the insert felt good. I noticed that I was hitting the centre of the putter more yesterday than I was doing with my Si2 and finished with 28 putts. I was also getting good distance control on the green.

pulled the trigger and ordered the TD-01 w/ small grip. Should be here about the middle of next week! Next on my list is a new set of irons.

pulled the trigger and ordered the TD-01 w/ small grip. Should be here about the middle of next week! Next on my list is a new set of irons.

Definitely keep us posted on your thoughts on the TD-01.

Christmas came early and my TD-01 with large grip showed up today. Have to wait for some dryer weather to roll it on the putting green.

Christmas came early and my TD-01 with large grip showed up today. Have to wait for some dryer weather to roll it on the putting green.

You won't be disappointed.

I took the new TD-01 to the course the other day when the weather was cooperative and had a great day putting. 32 putts for the round with no 3 putts.
Considering all the rain we had and lots of footprints imbedded in the green I think this TD-01 is going to help me drop a few shots each round. Thanks Bridgestone for making such an awesome putter!

How has the putter felt with grip to head weight difference when you switch from the stock grip to a super stroke? any thought?

How has the putter felt with grip to head weight difference when you switch from the stock grip to a super stroke? any thought?

In my opinion, there isn't really a huge difference in feel. The head still feels pretty heavy, and the balance point only shifts about an inch or so, but still much closer to the head than my traditional weighted putters. Granted, this is with a 2.0 which is 15g lighter than the 1.0 and 10g lighter than the 3.0.

I don't ever think I'll get away from this design. I switched to the smaller of the two foam grips is even lighter than stock. And I could not live a putter more. I'm so confident from every distance with this putter.
You still going to use this guy in 2015?

Yea haven't thought about another putter
I wanna give that putter a going sometime. I've been pondering putters lately since all I can do is practice on my green down stairs. They got them $50 on amazon I seen.

I wanna give that putter a going sometime. I've been pondering putters lately since all I can do is practice on my green down stairs. They got them $50 on amazon I seen.
I love it. Primarily for the technology of the light head. I'd use the same materials on another head just to see if the results are the same.

That's a great deal

I love it. Primarily for the technology of the light head. I'd use the same materials on another head just to see if the results are the same.

That's a great deal
I thought the head is every and they take the weight from the shaft to nothing. That way you can feel all the weight in the head and control it better.

Back