Callaway XR vs XR OS

Stl27

Reaction score
Handicap
I have come back to the game again after several years away, I have been playing for about 6 months and surprisingly my swing has returned better than I had hoped my scores have improved from the high 90s to the low 80s. My iron game use to be the best part of my game, now I seem to be shorter than everyone I play with so I started looking into newer equipment I tried the XR and XR os they seem to give me between 15-17 yards improvement and better accuracy. They seem pretty much the same is one better long term or is there something else I should be looking at ???

Between the 2, I would like to know someone's input that have hit them both side by side. I was just thinking this today.

Similar. I liked the OS better as hey launched higher for me.

I have come back to the game again after several years away, I have been playing for about 6 months and surprisingly my swing has returned better than I had hoped my scores have improved from the high 90s to the low 80s. My iron game use to be the best part of my game, now I seem to be shorter than everyone I play with so I started looking into newer equipment I tried the XR and XR os they seem to give me between 15-17 yards improvement and better accuracy. They seem pretty much the same is one better long term or is there something else I should be looking at ???

I liked the XR a bit better as they had more feel for me. That said they performed very similarly on Trackman when I was fitted taking into account the loft differences (the XRs are a degree or two stronger). They certainly would be among the most forgiving clubs made at this time.

I've only hit them on a sim, but found that the OS were higher and slightly longer. Dispersion was about the same. I really liked the feel of the OS though, I also hit the GMax at the same time and there was no comparison on feel.

XR's are great irons but if you have no problem with the thicker top line the OS is the more forgiving option.

Find somewhere to get fitted. Getting the right shaft fit will get your launch, spin, flight and descent right and you may be longer with better stopping power.

Back