Products That Are DOA

I feel like cobra and TM should be pretty heavy on this.

Then if I think wedges, it seems like if you aren't at the top that it is hard to catch up. Cleveland and titleist seem to own the market and won't let go. I have never met anyone who plays a cobra, wilson, or mizuno wedge and very few who play callaway or TM (excluding set wedges). I see the MD3 gaining popularity around here, and would be curious to see how their sales stack up against Cleveland or the vokey

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Nike vapor. I bought the driver but I thought it would have been more popular.
Speed blades were irons that I really liked and never pulled the trigger on. Can get them super cheap now.
All Adams stuff. Sad because of how good they are.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A few that come to mind I haven't seen yet:

Big Bertha hybrids. I was disappointed in them but it seemed like many went to the XR instead.

Big Bertha irons: the buzz on these seemed to fade fast, I'm not sure why.

J15 wedges: again, something that seemed to fizzle quickly

Any nike club except the method putter

Bridgestone putters

The bio cell line except for the driver.

I would say Big Bertha irons were about as far from DOA as you can get. #1 selling iron in the world for four straight months, first iron ever over $1100 to be the #1 selling iron in the market. And one of the best selling irons in the first year in the history of Callaway Golf. If that's DOA, I'd like to have a lot more DOA's!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would say Big Bertha irons were about as far from DOA as you can get. #1 selling iron in the world for four straight months, first iron ever over $1100 to be the #1 selling iron in the market. And one of the best selling irons in the first year in the history of Callaway Golf. If that's DOA, I'd like to have a lot more DOA's!

This is the Internet where subjective opinions trump facts and data. How dare you come in here with actual information we demand pitchforks and torches.

I feel like cobra and TM should be pretty heavy on this.

Then if I think wedges, it seems like if you aren't at the top that it is hard to catch up. Cleveland and titleist seem to own the market and won't let go. I have never met anyone who plays a cobra, wilson, or mizuno wedge and very few who play callaway or TM (excluding set wedges). I see the MD3 gaining popularity around here, and would be curious to see how their sales stack up against Cleveland or the vokey

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

You have to add Callaway to that list of wedges. They are now #2 in sales passing Cleveland around the time the MD3 was released.
You are correct though, outside of those 3, not a lot seems to be in bags.

You have to add Callaway to that list of wedges. They are now #2 in sales passing Cleveland around the time the MD3 was released.
You are correct though, outside of those 3, not a lot seems to be in bags.

I'm not too familiar with the structure of the market share. How far behind Titleist is the MD3 for #1

This is the Internet where subjective opinions trump facts and data. How dare you come in here with actual information we demand pitchforks and torches.

I don't want to speak for PGG, but I think maybe that was his opinion.

Going to look at my sales numbers before I post...
Sheesh.

Hey that's great, glad I was wrong. Did they do that well in the US as well?

This is a fairly condescending post all while pandering to a sponsor and attempting to trivialize a member of this forum. It'd be great if facts and data were posted and we didn't have to post our opinions, then we wouldn't need this thread at all. But why not take an opportunity to try and embarrass someone whose opinion may not be right? I'd expect more from one of the forum leaders.

Bombtech Grenade
Hopkins golf balls
Nike RZN

Saw two Grenades in the same cart at a scramble last weekend and couldn't believe what I saw.

Outside of what most have said I have to go with Srixon golf balls.....I see their commercials a lot especially since adding the spinskin, but never see anyone play them.

Outside of what most have said I have to go with Srixon golf balls.....I see their commercials a lot especially since adding the spinskin, but never see anyone play them.
Thats one of the reason I play srixon, no one else around me plays them so I can always find my ball. It is so Crazy because of how good their golf balls are

The Tour Preferred irons. Felt like there was a lot of excitement going into that ultimate testing and for the most part, I loved mine and loved the look, but you didn't hear anything after a month or two about them.

I understand what you are saying - I hadn't played them either until recently. But they are very good.

The Tour Preferred irons. Felt like there was a lot of excitement going into that ultimate testing and for the most part, I loved mine and loved the look, but you didn't hear anything after a month or two about them.

Its interesting that you mention this. We were at dinner with a former marketing person there (he was still there at the time) and he made mention of this exact set. Used the term DOA. The first TP irons were similar in that regard and this one did make a small improvement in sales (according to him), but neither did well.

They have had some great selling irons in the past, and my gut tells me when the dust settles and new teams are in place (my money says that happens sooner rather than later), they will once again have more buzz heading in with their irons.

I know everyone is piling on TaylorMade, but the EF wedges come to mind as the most DOA thing from them in the last few years.

Yea, I'd agree Fupi. I actually like the tour preferred wedges, and really wanted to try the EF wedge. Couldn't find one in a store around here to even demo... Think the price point killed that one before it was ever alive.

It's different to see the variations in DOA perception based on location. The other thing I find interesting is that many of our perceptions of DOA, necessarily a reality. I'm not sure if it's a result of exposure the THP, based on what's available at local big box stores or what it is. Then add it the tour presence we see week in and week out. It's pretty interesting.

It's different to see the variations in DOA perception based on location. The other thing I find interesting is that many of our perceptions of DOA, necessarily a reality. I'm not sure if it's a result of exposure the THP, based on what's available at local big box stores or what it is. Then add it the tour presence we see week in and week out. It's pretty interesting.
Agreed. Going back to when Srixon came out with the yellow z star ball. I remember hearing how stores couldn't keep them on the shelves down in Fl. Talked to the manager of Golf Galaxy that I used to work with and he told me they had sold less than 5 boxes at that time.

Perception is king. It's like DNevs throwing those numbers out about the Big Bertha irons and how they sold incredibly well for the first 4 months. I have never played a round of golf or been to a range with those in someone's bag(outside of some grandaddy sets on THP). But on those at least there was juice and heavy marketing behind them. Don't know if I would call them DOA based on that, but if I judged by my eyes I might.

Then add in who cares if it DOA if it works for a golfer...play what gets you to giggle inside every time you pull a club.

Then add in who cares if it DOA if it works for a golfer...play what gets you to giggle inside every time you pull a club.
Yes sir. Play what works for you and gets you excited to hit the ball. Hell if its a DOA product you might have gotten it at a price that makes you smile too.

Agreed, DOA = sexy clearance deals and bargain prices for the savy golfer!

Or rebadged 'non-releases' you can't find any information on*

No question. And we prefaced that in the OP. Many times it has nothing to do with performance for the individual.

Not really one brand specific, but i think the concept of square driver heads was DOA

The recent Adam's lines to me never really seemed to gain traction. Also, the SLDR-S which has been mentioned numerous times

Back