Callaway X2 Hot Hybrid Preview

Makes perfect sense. I am at the point where I ned to decide if I am going to figure out my 3w or buy a hybrid to replace it. I don't think I can get 3w distance from a 1h but if I can get close and be accurate-ish then it's a win in my book.

I appreciate your insight.

The hybrids are so good, and the stock blue shaft performs so well for me, that it makes me ponder the X2Hot 3 Wood that I didn't spend a huge amount of time with. Don't know that I will scratch that itch because Bertha works pretty darn well also, but it's one of the very few ponders in my bag.

It's funny you say that...the very reason why I am looking at the X2 Hot hybrids now is because of the X2 Hot 3w (blue shaft as well) that I picked up in the marketplace this summer. I used to have a different brand 3w up until a year ago, and I couldn't hit it worth a damn, either off the deck or the tee. So, I sold it and went without a 3w for awhile. Enter the 2nd chance for me, this time in the form of the X2 Hot 3w. It's now become my go-to. If that doesn't tell you anything about how awesome this club is...it also was one reason why I carded my very first eagle last week. :D It is so ridiculously easy to hit off the deck, it makes me crave hitting those second shots on long par 5's, instead of dreading them.

How do the x2hots compare to the RazrX hybrids to you?

Everything about the two is different. The shape, sound, feel everything. X2 hots were about 8 yards longer. However after saying that if I still had my X Tours it wouldn't be enough for me to change I prefer the shape of the X Tours and love the consistency and familiarity I have with them. They honestly can do anything I want them to on command.

The X2s just don't look right to me at address, literally used a couple times before I sold it and bought a X-hot instead for the more traditional shape like the Razr X I had.

I don't post in here that much, but have played the 3h most of this year. There were times my swing was pretty bad for hybrids in general, but I have enjoyed this club for the most part. It's pretty much straight with a mid/high ball flight and the sound at impact is terrific. I struggle hitting it from different lies, but that applies across the board to longer hybrids.

As something I use on longer par 3's, lies out of the rough where I need lots of distance or longer approach shots where I need the ball to sit and bite, this club has been great for me.

I have 2 TEE hybos. Both 3 and 4 hybos do you think the X2hots are comparable. Lookin for a switch up and im big ponder on these

I have 2 TEE hybos. Both 3 and 4 hybos do you think the X2hots are comparable. Lookin for a switch up and im big ponder on these

While I have not played the Trilogy hybrids, they look more comparable to the old XHots in looks. The X2Hots are the best hybrids I have ever hit. Ever. If you are able to, try them out and see if you like them. Almost going to guarantee you will see a distance increase.

While I have not played the Trilogy hybrids, they look more comparable to the old XHots in looks. The X2Hots are the best hybrids I have ever hit. Ever. If you are able to, try them out and see if you like them. Almost going to guarantee you will see a distance increase.

I was playing my old AMP Cell's until I found the X2Hot Pros. I like the smaller profile of the pro head & the distance gains couldn't be denied.

Like others have said, a nice smooth swing is all it takes to unleash the distance.

Just a question for you guys, are these hybrids a step up from the Amp Cell hybrids? With the BOGO on im thinking about replacing. Any thoughts would be great thanks.

Just a question for you guys, are these hybrids a step up from the Amp Cell hybrids? With the BOGO on im thinking about replacing. Any thoughts would be great thanks.
I played an Amp Cell 4/5 hybrid, and I think these are a step above. The shafts feel much firmer, there's a bit less offset (IMO), and I think they tend to launch a bit lower, but also with a bit more spin. Not uncommon to see a flat takeoff, then the spin pulls them higher into the air and make for a soft landing.

Personal opinion, I'd say if I were 200 out, I'd greatly prefer to have the X2Hot hybrid in my hand over the Amp Cell. The shape and look down by the ball are totally subjective, but I think the X2Hots look awesome. The matte grey finish might be the best look Callaway has, shelf appeal or not. The face and the crown meld together nicely and just make the club look very sleek, very powerful. The black club face down show wear & tear a bit more, but the Amp Cells are blacked out faces too, if I recall.

Can't figure out why they do black faces on woods & hybrids. It's gonna hit the turf a lot.

I played an Amp Cell 4/5 hybrid, and I think these are a step above. The shafts feel much firmer, there's a bit less offset (IMO), and I think they tend to launch a bit lower, but also with a bit more spin. Not uncommon to see a flat takeoff, then the spin pulls them higher into the air and make for a soft landing.

Personal opinion, I'd say if I were 200 out, I'd greatly prefer to have the X2Hot hybrid in my hand over the Amp Cell. The shape and look down by the ball are totally subjective, but I think the X2Hots look awesome. The matte grey finish might be the best look Callaway has, shelf appeal or not. The face and the crown meld together nicely and just make the club look very sleek, very powerful. The black club face down show wear & tear a bit more, but the Amp Cells are blacked out faces too, if I recall.

Can't figure out why they do black faces on woods & hybrids. It's gonna hit the turf a lot.

Thanks for the answers mate. Sounds like it could be a good upgrade then, still undecided on a hybrid or 5 wood though lol.

9f1eb7838487c60eed851fcdd24ca031.jpg
b4da03845fca590cb70d1783d78a69f4.jpg

Had to share this, but had a rough day driving the ball... But my x2 Hot Hybrids helped save the day. This was a shot on 18, 189yds into the sun (so I had no idea initially if it was any good) out of the rough and this was the result! 4' for birdie!

I am loving these clubs so much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Picked up the X2Hot Pro 20* and 23* as part of a crazy deal on a combo set ($300 for the hybrids and irons up to PW). I really, really like what I saw from these at the range. The tour green shaft in R is about perfect for me. I've found that I do best with a heavier shaft w/ a bit of flex in it - I like to really feel the shaft load and unload. Was hitting the ball toe-side a bit, but still seeing good distance, and center strikes just went for days.

They're a few degrees flatter than my other hybrids, and I think because of that they set up just about perfectly for me. I would always catch myself getting my hands too high to avoid seeing too much toe up at address.

I'm glad I made the switch from the regular model to the pros. It took me a few weeks to get the heavier Tour Green shaft dialed in as my misses were blocked to the right. This week I started seeing my straight to draw ball flight back. Definitely feel more confident with the size of the club head too. All around just a great hybrid.

I'm glad I made the switch from the regular model to the pros. It took me a few weeks to get the heavier Tour Green shaft dialed in as my misses were blocked to the right. This week I started seeing my straight to draw ball flight back. Definitely feel more confident with the size of the club head too. All around just a great hybrid.
I felt the same way about the regular compared to the pro version. It's just a really solid hybrid that is super easy to hit and looks darn good. Why mine is going to stay in the bag this year.

I felt the same way about the regular compared to the pro version. It's just a really solid hybrid that is super easy to hit and looks darn good. Why mine is going to stay in the bag this year.

I'm really a fan so far. I think it matters more where your miss is - I tend to miss up and down on the face so I think the pro works Ok for me. If you miss more laterally, there's definitely a loss of distance.

I'm really a fan so far. I think it matters more where your miss is - I tend to miss up and down on the face so I think the pro works Ok for me. If you miss more laterally, there's definitely a loss of distance.
Yeah my miss is out on the toe typically and I find this thing so darn forgiving out there with almost no distance loss and a nice high right to left ball flight. I predominantly use it off the tee as there's not many times I need 225 or so yards from the turf, but it is really easy to hit anywhere. And that goes for both versions.

After having the 3H out for 3 rounds now I'm loving this thing even more.

The funny part is I hit it better from the deck than I do from a tee.

I'm still looking to add a 4H to my bag.

I really need to get my hands on a 3H head. The 16* and 4H are definitely coming out, and hopefully a 3H taking their place to fix up the gap I have in the bag. Having a spare shaft for them kicking around is beginning to drive me batty. I need to get a head put on it.

I really need to get my hands on a 3H head. The 16* and 4H are definitely coming out, and hopefully a 3H taking their place to fix up the gap I have in the bag. Having a spare shaft for them kicking around is beginning to drive me batty. I need to get a head put on it.

I don't know what kind of gap you're working with but I've been able to use a 4h when I'd use a 3h with some others. It's partially mental, but the combo of more loft and shorter shaft length is a confidence booster as well.

Anybody consider the 6H at all? I am not sure I have the gaps for it but I could see certain utility for some of the links courses I play around here, especially in the wetter months. But I have yet to meet anyone that has gamed anything shorter than the 4H.

Added the 4H to the bag this morning. My local course cut me deal on the demo I used that I couldn't pass up. Will be posting my Adams Tight Lies 4H in the marketplace soon.

Anybody consider the 6H at all? I am not sure I have the gaps for it but I could see certain utility for some of the links courses I play around here, especially in the wetter months. But I have yet to meet anyone that has gamed anything shorter than the 4H.

I loved the 3H and 4H enough that I added the 5H to the bag as well which is higher that I have ever gone. I have enough success with a 6i that I don't think I would go further, but the 5H is so much easier for me to hit well than a 5i is.

I have the 6H. Plays at 180 for me. With the 6i at 170.

So it's just a matter of getting your gaps set 12 to 15 yard per club gap to squeeze in 14 clubs.

That said you may have to drop a wedge or fairway wood to have a regulation set.

I pick the hybrid which gives me the best approach to the par 3's.

3H 4H 6H. Or 4H 5H 6H. And 6i to LW with or without a fairway wood depending on the short par 4's.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Really happy that the 16* X2Hot Pro I sent to tequila4kapp arrived on his doorstep unscathed today! Looking forward to hearing how he makes out with it!

Back