Golf Courses - Most memorable course you have played?

War Eagle

the Beags of THP...
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Rum
With the pictures going up in the #TheCup thread of Caledonia and True Blue, I am instantly reminded of many rounds of golf, fun and friends from over the years of playing those courses. I seriously can mentally walk each hole of both of the courses in my head, step for step.

Without a doubt, those two courses are the most memorable courses I have ever played. Sure, I probably have played a "nicer" course here or there, but those two courses bring back a flood of memories.

What course is the most memorable course you have played?

The Hideaway, really all 36, but especially the 18 at the Clive. I can picture each hole so vividly like I have played there a thousand times.

The Bandon courses.

Oakmont!!

i have a pretty terrible memory, but there are a few particular shots and holes that stand out to me from my round at the old course at st andrews.

i have a vivid memory of being ridiculously hung over while warming up for my round at congressional, then playing some absolutely abysmal golf.

i have a few memories of some of the holes on mountain brook country club where i fell in love with the game in college.

as far as memorable rounds with friends, the round at lake jovita with flamtneer, beags and 441 was a blast. i also have vivid memories of the significant other round at the waldorf at 2015 love is in the air.

Hideaway Clive course

The Hideaway Clive is the most scenic and memorable course I have ever stepped foot on.

PGA National Championship Course is my pick.

Penobscot Valley Country Club on a recent vacation. It was so different than what I'm used to playing I doubt I'll forget it anytime soon. Also the fastest greens I've ever played. Pro shop said they were stimping between 11 and 12. I was not prepared for that nor the process of reading putts on poa. I will say the views were great and the course had a distinct personality.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Poipu Bay is by far my most memorable. I can remember every turn, lay up, and long carry. I remember being so distracted by the ocean views that I didn't even notice when I flushed a 3 wood onto a green and missed an albatross by 3 inches.

Royal New Kent - mostly because of the event and for the way I played.

Most memorable is either True Blue or Chambers Bay for me.

Probably Valhalla in Louisville, KY. I got to play it on the last day before they shut it down for the Ryder Cup. The grandstands were built and it was just an amazing experience. We walked the course with caddies driving the carts. I will never forget that day (although I do try to forget the two balls I hit OB on the first hole from being so nervous).

Here I am on the 18th hole. Please ignore the shut club face. I have since corrected that issue!
532773_10151861258829062_1986447645_n.jpg

True Blue and Caledonia

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Probably tops for me would be playing Kapalua on my honeymoon with my wife. Close second would be playing TPC Sawgrass with my dad for his 65th birthday. Those golfing memories are probably my favorite so far.

Buffalo Ridge in Branson was a great course.

Torrey Pines - Played 36 holes in one day. Greatest Golf Day of my life. I want to do it again.

From a THP playing perspective, it is definitely True Blue and Caledonia. There will be things I remember about each course I have played with THPers, but these two courses are the only ones I can still remember a majority of the shots and all the holes.

From a non-THP perspective, I'd say Wolf Creek in Nevada would take the prize in no small part because I had my dad and all my brothers with me. Not to mention I cannot imagine another golf course on Earth that looks as unique as that one.

Probably tops for me would be playing Kapalua on my honeymoon with my wife. Close second would be playing TPC Sawgrass with my dad for his 65th birthday. Those golfing memories are probably my favorite so far.

How was Sawgrass? That is one of my Bucket List courses I want to play before I die. I want to hit off the tips on 17 just like the pros one time in my life.

True Blue and Caledonia are #1 and #1a for me.

Other courses are The Ranch for Regional Rivalry (I LOVE that course) and Mauna Kea, if only for the third hole.

Most memorable was Cypress Point Club followed very closely by Pine Valley and Bethpage Black. As much as everyone raves about the black I still think it's greatness is underrated.

Grey Wolf in panorama BC without a doubt. Love that place.

Whistling Straits and a distant second would be Harbortown.

I would have to go with Hazeltine. It's a fantastic track for sure.

Back