Bobby Jones Black Hybrid by Jesse Ortiz Review

Looking forward to the feedback. The 18° is very interesting to me b/c I wouldn't mind more distance for better gapping, but I really like the height out of the 25°.

If only there was an option in between those...

Well duh but I'm greedy.

i cant give any real numbers. we are pretty much to indoor stuff now here where i live. the little indoor club i go to has one of those sonar/sensors in the floor with a light shining on them simulators. the numbers are real whacky i.m.o. up at uinta golf with their launch monitor i was hitting an adams tight lies in the 160-170's but on this sim its probably 130 if im lucky. but between my yonex 25, tight lies 22 and the black bird 18 im gapping around 15-20 yards between the 22 and this 18. i pretty much use the sim to see my head alignment and use my golf balls instead of the the range balls (dont have to chase them)

anyhow, in my 1 year of limited golf experience this is to be the simplest yet for me to hit
as for the aesthetics: this thing is pure eye candy to me. every thing just looks right. to me every thing matches. shape, color, pin striping, grip even the graphite design shaft with the bobby jones logo on it matches the colors properly in my opinion. yeah im vain but atleast my stuff looks good while i suck at the course :bashful:.
if i could afford it id get the whole dang line and make some kind of wall design out of it

Glad to see you are experiencing the ease of use that so many of us have seen already.

here is a picture from the video golf screen. sorry its blurry but it will show my results
and it has me troubled.
the red lines are a xhot 4h, the white are the bobby jones 18 and the yellow lines are a yonex ezone xp 5h hit in this order: cally, bj, yonex
i just barely broke 1 year of golfing. (first club i got was october last year) the bobby jones i hit rather nicely. what troubles me is will i get to a point where i straighten up the other hybrids and then commence in being a hook monster with the the bobby jones

Spoiler
2v9vrbd.jpg

I don't know why that would trouble you. Less loft and it's much straighter and more consistent.

Fwiw, as a hooker I've found other hybrids to be much worse for that miss than this one.

ok that helps my mind. i like this club and for some odd reason i want to get the 17 fw and a 30 hybrid for giggles.

The 4w is a very special golf club.

I thought you did for some reason.
Nope went from hybo to heavenwood then over to putting green to watch ddec kill people

Every time I decide on what I'm going to do in the hybrid slot, this thread comes back up.

hmm, im wondering whether to do a "may the bobby jones blackbird compel you" or a scwhartzenegger quote "its a trap get to da choppah"

hmm imagine that.
just got an email from bobbyjones
promo code BLACKFRIDAY
is a free xh20 polo and shipping when you buy any golf equipment
ends 11/30/2014

That is actually a ridiculously good deal.

Whatever you wear, get a size smaller.

Back