Callaway X2 Hot Deep Fairway Woods

The 5Deep has been a Par 5 Murderer for me all year.

This was from Friday. With my 2nd shot I was looking a 245 yards to the pin with a right to left wind.

The pitchmark is from my ball, which rolled out just past the flag.

1024141425.jpg

Well done Jlukes, heck of a shot hope you got the eagle

sidenote: that course looks in good shape

Well done Jlukes, heck of a shot hope you got the eagle

sidenote: that course looks in good shape
Lipped out and birdied

It's my local course, they keep it in great shape!

Jlukes, that is one incredible shot!! Very nice.

I've never been one to launch fairway woods off the deck that well. The 5deep gives me the distanct of a 3W with the launch angle and softer landing of a 5w. Absolutely love it.

5 deep off the tee is fun too! My 2 deep is a mini driver with off the deck capabilities for those really long 5 pars.

3deep is a monster off the tee for me. 5deep is super long off the deck and tee as well. As much as I change gear, these two are going nowhere

The 3 Deep and 5 Deep are the only two clubs to have stayed in my bag all season. Was able to sneak out today and hit three of four par 5's in two, one with the 3 Deep and two with the 5 Deep.

5 deep still interests me...

5deep is great club. I truly bomb that better than any other 5w I have ever gamed. Tpluff has one up in the BST. Shoot him a pm :)

I am considering it. My wife might kill me however.... haha

Say the word my good man. I'll send you mine to have a go with for a while.

I really appreciate it my brother, however it wouldn't get its proper due right now. With the weather coming this weekend, golf season is probably over. I may take you up on it next year though if I get in a fight with my current gamer :act-up:

I really appreciate it my brother, however it wouldn't get its proper due right now. With the weather coming this weekend, golf season is probably over. I may take you up on it next year though if I get in a fight with my current gamer :act-up:
I have one sitting in my garage as well, if u are ever in need of it just let me know.

I only had a small amount of time, but so far very impressed with the 3Deep and 5Deep I picked up from Callaway pre-owned. Hit them both well off the tee, and off the turf , was very surprised by the 3Deep , really got up and went. The Heavier green shaft also helped me with my tempo.

Based on following this forum I was able to pick up in excellent condition both a 3 & 5 deep with a regular Tour Blue shaft along with a x2hot 4 hybrid. I played yesterday and I crushed them. Excellent clubs and was really impressed with them. They might find permanent places in the bag. Which also has me thinking to look for the driver and cut that down to 44.5 - 45".

Finally have a 5 deep on the way from Callaway Preowned. The bogo sale got me, so I have a 3 deep coming as well. :D Should be interesting to see how that works off the tee for me. Super stoked to get the 5 deep out and see how it performs off the deck. Don't think they'll be here in time for any turkey day golf, but I'll be sure to update the thread once I make it to the course or range with them.

Finally have a 5 deep on the way from Callaway Preowned. The bogo sale got me, so I have a 3 deep coming as well. :D Should be interesting to see how that works off the tee for me. Super stoked to get the 5 deep out and see how it performs off the deck. Don't think they'll be here in time for any turkey day golf, but I'll be sure to update the thread once I make it to the course or range with them.

i put my 3&5 Deep in play for the first time tomorrow. looking forward to how you like them once you get them in hand.

Really thinking about bagging one of these as i just cant seem to get along with my driver lately. Just dont know it it will be worth it or of i should just stick to using my 3 wood off the tee for now. and is there a huge difference from the XHot and the X2Hot versions?

Just skimming a bit but are you guys finding them hard to hit off the fairway? I hit my X Hot 3 wood off the fairway on the longer par 5s, im thinking about a 5 deep (well its in my cart on CPO).

Just skimming a bit but are you guys finding them hard to hit off the fairway? I hit my X Hot 3 wood off the fairway on the longer par 5s, im thinking about a 5 deep (well its in my cart on CPO).
No issues at all with my 5Deep. It's the reason I carry it instead of a 3 wood

No issues at all with my 5Deep. It's the reason I carry it instead of a 3 wood

Thanks for the answer. Sounds like it would be a good replacement for my hybrid then.

Had a 298 yd par 4 playing down wind today. Being such #internetgolfers j4u and I said to each other "driver might be too long here." J4u ripped apex ut down the pipe and I casually swung (translates to swung out of my socks for those of you that don't understand #internetgolferese) the 3deep to 5 yds short of the green in the fairway. I have said before and my mind hasn't changed, my 3deep and 5deep will stay in my bag

Had a 298 yd par 4 playing down wind today. Being such #internetgolfers j4u and I said to each other "driver might be too long here." J4u ripped apex ut down the pipe and I casually swung (translates to swung out of my socks for those of you that don't understand #internetgolferese) the 3deep to 5 yds short of the green in the fairway. I have said before and my mind hasn't changed, my 3deep and 5deep will stay in my bag

Haha...it was nutted and awesome! Never remove them. I kinda chuckled when the guy apologised for hitting his driver 20 yards behind us while we were on the green. I didn't want to tell him you hit your 3W from two boxes back closer. He was much happier with me just telling him his was a great drive. #internetgolfercontrol

Back