Bad Golf Commercials

Canadan

LGND
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
I've been watching a fair bit of golf lately on the Golf Channel, and David Leadbetter's rechargeable bracelet commercial keeps popping up, where he's quite clearly reading from a script making me believe he doesn't have a clue what the device actually is/does. Just looks like he's reading for a paycheck.

Any other golf commercials bother you like this does to me?

For me it is the Zurich commercials, and seeing that they are played often makes it worse.

I DVR just about everything and skip all the commercials I can.

I flip the channel during commercials most of the time so I rarely see bad commercials, especially ones that repeat.

Hank Haney's commercial on how to avoid your big miss.

JM

The Rors Omega commercial isn't bad per se, but playing it every thirty seconds during the Open Championship makes it unbearable now.

The Rors Omega commercial isn't bad per se, but playing it every thirty seconds during the Open Championship makes it unbearable now.
This! Now I cannot own a watch that doesn't break rocks.

I think I have Stockholm syndrome or something with that ad. I just laugh when it comes on now.

And now it's stuck in my head. Ya jerk.

For me it is the Zurich commercials, and seeing that they are played often makes it worse.

The Zurich commercials are TERRIBLE!

The brush tee, drives me crazy because I can't gain 10 Yds with it lol.

haha I just look away when that comes on now... Enjoy the song and go YEAAAAAAAAAAH every time that part of it comes up. Classic entertainment.

this one

I cringe when I see the Kick X ball commercial.

I think the Golf Channels Big Break is now just one bad 1 hour long commercial with product placement found throughout. But it was bound to happen.

The ones with the puppets.

Overspin putter commercial, nothing else comes close to how awful that one was.

Quoted for absolute truth

If you watch the Golf Channel a lot you see the same commercial at least 10 million times a week. Right now I am totally sick of Hank Haney telling me how he's going to teach me to avoid the big miss. If he's so smart how come he couldn't get Tiger to avoid a few drives 50 yards off the fairway each round? And his tell-all book about Tiger definitely was a big miss.

Back