The THP Forum - What would you like to see more of?

War Eagle

the Beags of THP...
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Rum
Wanting to get some feedback from the community here on what you like to see and be active in on the forum. Basically, what threads prompt you to post and interact?

Since stepping in to this role as Forum Coordinator, I've made threads across a broad spectrum of golf related topics. Equipment likes and dislikes, Topics about Courses, Etc.

What I am curious about is, what threads drive you to interact? What types of golf threads make you click and post more than others?

Equipment?
Course threads?
How would you play this hole?
Golf situational threads?
Golf news?
Tour updates and stories?

Those are just a few, but let me know what kind of threads get you excited to post and what you would like to see more of!

We need more cowbell!!! :bananadance:

I would like to see some more course reviews.

There is already a plethora of all kinds of posts here. I usually skim the topics, if it sounds interesting, I'll open it.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

I will be honest, Ryjo you have done an incredible job so far. I love how you are furthering discussion here. I would love to see more about tour stories. I know we used to have some articles that came out about information on tour and in-depth previews, I would love to see someone pick that back up as I love to analyze what is going on in the various tours.

I will be honest, Ryjo you have done an incredible job so far. I love how you are furthering discussion here. I would love to see more about tour stories. I know we used to have some articles that came out about information on tour and in-depth previews, I would love to see someone pick that back up as I love to analyze what is going on in the various tours.

That is actually one of the top categories that identified as one area I would like to have more topics on. Golf and Tour news and updates.

Thanks buddy. Appreciate the feedback.

I'm a golf news fan. Enjoy some of the larger articles that other sites run, but they don't offer the interaction aspect that THP offers. Would love to see a combination of the two, though it may be tough given staffing constraints of THP.

I love the course threads, and would welcome more tour talk.

Oh and love the industry talk, who's doing well, who's not. Who is really selling alot of irons. Stuff like that.

I think tour WITB outside of just the winners is a big draw. I know a lot of THPers use other forums to find that information and it would be cool if we had that here.

I would like to see more course design talk. Even a few interviews and podcasts with architects. Even some interaction with course owners and operators.

More chipper talk!
Just kidding of course.

I would like to see the course reviews come back to being talked about more.

Maybe more THP event talk, I would like to see head to head discussions between everything from Golf shoes, balls, equipment, and such.

Course management i.e. How would to play this hole, discussions and articles on how to break 100,90,80 etc would be cool. (I know they are there, but some of the better players could come in and give tips, discussions, etc)

More Course reviews - Helps when others travel to courses for the first time.

Teaching videos on how to hit specialty shots.

Glad to see people interested in Course Reviews, I think that's am easy one to revive.

Teaching videos on how to hit specialty shots.

That one might be tough, and while they could be beneficial for some, it's not the type of topic that really generates ton of golf talk amongst the masses here.

However, I will definitely take note and see if there is something I can come up for that need.

Glad to see people interested in Course Reviews, I think that's am easy one to revive.

No doubt. As far as I'm aware as long as there is still 3 submissions a month a prize is given away to the best one. I need to get that again.

More equipment talk. By that I mean why do people buy what they do, Do they like the pricing structure (not the price but what's included for the price) of things or would they prefer something different, The battle the industry faces when trying to make clubs for the masses vs. the diehards and how they balance this just some examples of a few threads. I have a few more as well but I like to see the emotion behind a purchase and why people feel the way they do. I LOVE the technology aspect of equipment but the personal/emotional side for the consumer is also very intriquing to me.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Just curious if the course reviews are so in demand why have only 1 or 2 been done all year? People just not playing new ones or does there need to be an incentive to have them done?

it's a tough balance to keep long-time golfers/members engaged while still providing content that the noobs want to know.

i think if there is one thing i want to see more it's equipment. but let me say that thp absolutely kills the equipment reviews and there are lots of them, so i'm not trying to say it's deficient or anything. equipment reviews are what drew me here, and it's a pretty common theme when i ask other thp'ers how they got involved. but even for those of us who have been playing golf for decades, new equipment is still really exciting so it keeps us engaged as well.

i personally love access to guys in the industry. anything that can be done to keep that going (maybe use the AMA "Ask Me Anything" model that reddit does) is a bonus.

i love this place, and want to see it continue to thrive. the forum is in good hands with you!

More chipper talk!
Just kidding of course.

I would like to see the course reviews come back to being talked about more.

Maybe more THP event talk, I would like to see head to head discussions between everything from Golf shoes, balls, equipment, and such.

Course management i.e. How would to play this hole, discussions and articles on how to break 100,90,80 etc would be cool. (I know they are there, but some of the better players could come in and give tips, discussions, etc)

This one hit it on the head for me.

Ignoring the fact that we're edging closer and closer to NEW EQUIPMENT HYYYYYPE season, I think my favourite threads are the conversations. Usually this relates to some kind of rule discussion, or even some of the tour talk. The threads that cause you to come back after making your comment to either defend, counter, or validate when others discuss.

Just curious if the course reviews are so in demand why have only 1 or 2 been done all year? People just not playing new ones or does there need to be an incentive to have them done?

incentive might be good. i set out to do one some time ago, and really just got overwhelmed and gave up. it made me appreciate that much more, how good a job a lot of people have done in their reviews.

incentive might be good. i set out to do one some time ago, and really just got overwhelmed and gave up. it made me appreciate that much more, how good a job a lot of people have done in their reviews.

While incentive to do a course review is one thing, what I have seen so far through this thread is people want to see them.

If a course review is done, and when done well is very time consuming, a post more than "great pics" is welcomed. Conversation regarding course design would be great at local courses we all go and play.

While incentive to do a course review is one thing, what I have seen so far through this thread is people want to see them.

If a course review is done, and when done well is very time consuming, a post more than "great pics" is welcomed. Conversation regarding course design would be great at local courses we all go and play.

I think this happens in a lot of threads. I call it drive by posting...haha. Its appreciated, but conversation is awesome. :D

i personally love access to guys in the industry. anything that can be done to keep that going (maybe use the AMA "Ask Me Anything" model that reddit does) is a bonus.

i love this place, and want to see it continue to thrive. the forum is in good hands with you!

I love the AMA idea. I think that could be a ton of fun for people on here.
Could expand it to a lot of different avenues of golf. Instructors, golf course architects, etc.

I really have no other ideas because I think thp checks all the boxes for me in a lot of ways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the forum as a whole is doing a lot of things right, conversations are kept mainly civil with only the odd disagreement

Talk of new equipment, events, tour news, etc is always interesting and there is nothing that immediately springs to mind outside of what has already been suggested

Ignoring the fact that we're edging closer and closer to NEW EQUIPMENT HYYYYYPE season, I think my favourite threads are the conversations. Usually this relates to some kind of rule discussion, or even some of the tour talk. The threads that cause you to come back after making your comment to either defend, counter, or validate when others discuss.

I know I have said it before, but being on the other side of the water means that the hours I can be here on THP make having conversations difficult, as my evenings are your afternoons

There are many times when I have posted something in the evening here, and by the time I get the chance to look again the next day, there could be a few pages worth of replies that then make anything else I might have to say null and void

Live event threads are a prime example of this as a lot of the posting and conversation goes on long after I have headed to my bed - I think the last Grandaddy thread left me trying to catch up for a few days because I would go to bed and then find another 25 or so pages to catch up on by the time I was able to read it again

Back