Srixon Z F65 Fairway Wood - THP Review

Great review!!! I can say after hitting the 4W at the shootout, it will be in the bag. Long and straight and a really nice ball flight, I had no problem getting the ball up at all.

Checking these out on the Srixon website. Unlike the irons, doesn't seem like a lot of free upgrade in shafts. Looking for a 3 and 5 wood combo and anything in the 60s is WAY too light for me in regards to shafts.

I think it's a pretty head neutral design. I don't think the profile is a huge departure from the 355 I reviewed previously, but it also doesn't feel clunky. I think the most important element is how it manages the ball both off the tee and off the fairway. I think most people look for a versatile head.

Yes, it's something I am really excited to see. Makes a lot of sense considering the number of progressive iron sets we've seen.

Same. I think what surprised me most was the use of the same shaft (65g) that's in the driver James is reviewing. I'm pretty comfortable with the 70-75g range but am excited to see how this profiles as I believe companies select shafts/weights for a reason.

We'll know soon enough!

I've been trying the 765 driver, F65 fairways and the H65 hybrids. My initial thoughts are that the 6 weight Miyazaki is good for me in a driver but a little bit too light weight in the fairway woods. I like the 7 weight in the hybrids. A

This thread will highlight my review of the Srixon Z F65 Fairway Wood. They have introduced a great progressive technology in the crown that allows the player to get maximum efficiency depending on loft, which makes an awful lot of sense when you consider what is 'ideal' launch/flighting as you increase loft. Paired with the Miyazaki Kaula Mizu 6 shaft, I'm expecting a really easy transition from the top and high end flighting out of shots both off the tee and out of fairway lies.

From Srixon

In the Low Lofts

This club will be geared towards distance in low loft settings thanks largely to ball speed being enhanced by the new "Stretch Flex Cup" face technology.

Cup%20Face-S.png

The face has been constructed to be 8% thinner than it's predecessor, which introduces a larger COR (essentially, the energy transfer between two objects) area in the Z F65 Fairway Wood. Early testing by Srixon suggests an average of four yards of increased distance in comparison to the Z F45 head.

Weight has been strategically positioned in the heel and toe sections of the head to help improve the overall MOI (or moment of inertia) which will help to stabilize the head when golfers miss the center of the face. Additionally, the crown includes a small 'step' which will lower the CG, promoting high launch with lower spin.

Crown%20Step-S.png

In the High Lofts

Srixon has incorporated an "Arc Support Channel" which is a small channel that runs along the crown which is intended to promote a higher launch with optimized spin. This design is expected to tighten the dispersion and optimize numbers, especially above the central area of the face.

Channel-S.png

Shaft Pairing

The Srixon Z F65 fairway wood comes stock with the Miyazaki Kaula MIZU 6 series, which has a fairly straight line flex with a slightly softer toe section. They have defined this to be suitable for golfers seeking maximum distance and control.

Shaft-S.png

Models Available

Specs-S.png

Grip

Golf Pride Tour Velvet 360 (50g)

In Hand Photos

0725161929d-XL.jpg

0725161929c-XL.jpg

0725161925-XL.jpg

0725161928d-XL.jpg

0725161925c-XL.jpg

0725161925e-XL.jpg

0725161925f-XL.jpg

0725161926a-XL.jpg

0725161926b-XL.jpg

0725161927a-XL.jpg

0725161928b-XL.jpg

0725161929-XL.jpg
@Canadan @Jman @Molten Your reviews never get old. Picked this bad boy at the Chicago Golf Show after seeing it, stepping out to look for a review and finding one here. Srixon Certified. $80 Never hit with head cover
040FAF83-F40E-42A0-AD25-ACA5884E6C0A.jpeg

Last edited:
Has that even been hit?!
I would say no. TBH I thought it was the Z F85 because as I remember @Snickerdog really talked that club up however after reading Dan’s review, this should be a great tee option and sometimes off the fairway.

Seems like a great find at the golf show!

Back