The Home Renovation Thread

Nice dude, I really wanted a finished basement with the house we bought and still bummed it didnt happen.

1000 extra feet is awesome!

Until it floods.

Sweet Hawk. I just finished my basement minus the drywall. Have a few finishing touches, but it is livable at the moment. Added roughly 1200 square feet. Now I can work on my golf practice room next. It's great to have another area to go to in the house.

I assume your place is dry today Mike? You to Matt? Lots of schools closed today due to flooding. Our youngest boy's grade school (and our church basement) flooded due to storms/tornadoes moving through the area. Preliminary report is 2-3 million in damage (raw sewage flooded lower floors). School is closed until Monday. I hope everyone else escaped unscathed.

Some water thanks to cracked patio

I need to get some good pictures of our finished project to post before and after pictures of our remodel.

Mom and Dad are entering retirement community stage of their lives so I'm helping ... er, prodding ... them to complete some house renovations as the neighborhood they are in is high on demand, low on inventory. I think they they could make some decent change with some minor renovations, major if they go a bit deeper. We're starting in the backyard where we've fixed the pool and I've suggested putting up new fences as some of the fences are a little old and could use it. I, for one, would like to put up some nice, modern-style wood fencing. They are thinking about using vinyl fencing. The only ones I've seen are white glossy and this odd 1990's computer beige color. Anyone have any experience with this type of fencing? Opinions?

Mom and Dad are entering retirement community stage of their lives so I'm helping ... er, prodding ... them to complete some house renovations as the neighborhood they are in is high on demand, low on inventory. I think they they could make some decent change with some minor renovations, major if they go a bit deeper. We're starting in the backyard where we've fixed the pool and I've suggested putting up new fences as some of the fences are a little old and could use it. I, for one, would like to put up some nice, modern-style wood fencing. They are thinking about using vinyl fencing. The only ones I've seen are white glossy and this odd 1990's computer beige color. Anyone have any experience with this type of fencing? Opinions?

The white looks nice, very popular here.

Awesome... 3 days before bathroom reno the hot water heater kicks the bucket.

Luckily we caught it very early when it was just a stream running through the basement, and not a flood.

Awesome... 3 days before bathroom reno the hot water heater kicks the bucket.

Luckily we caught it very early when it was just a stream running through the basement, and not a flood.

Thinking about replacing it with a tankless water heater? I would love to do this & gain some more room in my work area (as well as not have to worry about the flood when the tank goes kaput), but we put in a huge 80 gallon job not too long ago, so I'll be waiting patiently for the current model to die.

Besides a few accessories (mat, window treatment) - the bathroom is done and usable. Long process but worth it for the cost savings of doing it ourselves.

u5u6u2ud.jpg

u9u8y2y5.jpg

e6y8y7a6.jpg

yve5ehy5.jpg

tydumuva.jpg

Nice buddy!!!

I know you worked your tail off on this one.

That looks awesome Cookie! Well done buddy. I would never have the patience to do that.

Awesome, the money savings is great, so is showering in a shower you did yourself.

Well done Cookie! Kitchen next? Lol

Nice work cookie

Well done Cookie! Kitchen next? Lol

Close. Extending tile from bathroom into master bedroom after the Grandaddy.

Then next year at some point will be kitchen.

Spent the bulk of my mini vacation getting the basement ready for the remodel job we have starting end of the month. Pulled out a ton of stuff that either got tossed or donated. Ready to get this done. Our dungeon is about to be seriously upgraded.

Spent the bulk of my mini vacation getting the basement ready for the remodel job we have starting end of the month. Pulled out a ton of stuff that either got tossed or donated. Ready to get this done. Our dungeon is about to be seriously upgraded.

Golf theme?

Golf theme?

One of the rooms will be for sure. It'll be a officially not a bedroom but sort of a bedroom and I have a bunch of stuff to put in there. Antique clubs, THP memorabilia, etc.

Losing some hoard space though dangit.

I've got a Cleveland Classic putter on its way to you. #merrychristmas

One of the rooms will be for sure. It'll be a officially not a bedroom but sort of a bedroom and I have a bunch of stuff to put in there. Antique clubs, THP memorabilia, etc.

Nice. Looking forward to seeing the pictures.
Creating my media room (7/8 of the way there) has been a ton of fun.

Let me know brother if you have any questions or need help.

Thanks Kev! Will do. This guy has done a bunch of other work for us, and we sort of know him personally. Very reassuring.

Back