2016 #TheCup Recap Thread

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
This past weekend, the 2016 #TheCup was held and it was an absolutely epic THP Event. To say it lived up to the hype would be an understatement and THP put together a fun video showing off the fun that was had by all.

This thread will be used for all of the recaps and memories from the event and for those that missed the Live Update Thread and want to read about everything that took place, check it out here.

Video done in HD, so please feel free to view in full screen.

Full Gallery of all images
https://thehackersparadise.smugmug.com/2016-TheCup

Last edited:
Man, got me some goose bumps, great jobs with the pics and the video montage.

Gonna need a day or so and I'll put all my thoughts together for this amazing weekend

Great video can't wait to see some of the recaps once the guys have come back to planet earth.

Awesome video. Still doesn't get much better than ::whack:: "Daaamn."

Well done by all!

Awesome recap, thanks for getting that up so quickly. Will be great to watch when I'm feeling nostalgic

Great recap video. Man I need to get to those courses at some point in my life. They just look perfect

Great video!!

Loved the video. So miss those courses with a THP event involved.

Great montage recap! Thanks!

Love it! Just watched the video. I will want to watch it several times to let the details soak in. I have several thoughts and some feedback from a noob that I want to share here but need some processing to smooth out the rough edges. But first another thank you to THP, Callaway, and the captains and amazing guys on both teams who made this event so special (and I include Ron as part of that group -- he worked but was as much one of the guys in the event as everyone else). Great experience!

441, I know this is the recap thread. Somewhere I want you to let us in on the secret of having back to back dominate Sundays from your team on these courses?

Some top shelf photography here! That was a very nice taste for the rest of the us that were following along.

441, I know this is the recap thread. Somewhere I want you to let us in on the secret of having back to back dominate Sundays from your team on these courses?

hahaha, never! I actually thought about that on the ride home yesterday, pretty special run over 2 sundays:

8 wins via closed out matches
Leading in 2 others when events ended
Tied in 2 others with a few holes to go in each when events ended

Not bad I suppose, guys have golfed their ball well

Only people in the coaching tree know that secret and even then I am sure he hasn't shared all.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Loved that video. Great music to it. Some really great looking swings there. Oh and I loved the "till next time" That hopefully can only mean good things to come!!

Great video and pics.
Man, Ron and JB were everywhere with that camera getting some awesome shots.
Working on my recap now. Should have it done in a day or two.
Can't tell you how much I wish my alarm went off this AM for an early round at Caledonia or TB vs. for work :crying:

The video recap is amazing!

The video was awesome! I have a ton of thoughts swirling around in my head today. I need a day to process everything to do a proper recap, but I will say one thing, this was one of the best things I've been associated with! I met so many great people this weekend, if it wasn't for THP I wouldn't ever have met of them so for this, I'm eternally grateful for that.
Thank you THP and Callaway!

Tons of awesome photos from @lightningbolt44! Ron, any chance you could post your photos in a gallery somewhere for us to see them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tons of awesome photos from @lightningbolt44! Ron, any chance you could post your photos in a gallery somewhere for us to see them?

JB has them all he may be able to do so.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

What awesome memories! Love the "Till Next Time" teaser!!!

Coming up later today actually.

Back