Does this look off to you?

DB86

Reaction score
Handicap
Have had this putter (studio select Newport 2.5) for about a year. As far as I know it's never been dropped/stepped on/hit/bent etc. but the shaft looks like it's bent too much to me. What do you all think. I've never noticed this before and when at address it seems normal. Just never paid any attention and wanted to see if it's correct or something has happened and I didn't know. Thanks.
9febe1b8252cb909e9bb0cb48082dac5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That does not look right to me. it looks like the shaft got bent backwards at the neck of the putter head.

From this picture it looks fine to me. In worse case, put a level on it and see if it's off.

Hows your putting?

Where did you buy this putter?

Hows your putting?

Putting was fine last time I used the putter about two weeks ago. The shaft just seems extremely leaned to the left when you look at if from the front. I was hoping someone else had a 2.5 that I could compare it to.

Looks off to me. Couldn't it be adjusted at a shop with the proper device though?

Looking at the pictures it looks like the shaft is going back behind the head as it goes up. Ending with the grip further back than the putter head. Now I have no idea if that is the way the club is suppose to work, but that is what my eyes see. Hope you figure out what you need.

I'm not sure it it's some type of illusion or what. I guess I'll have to find one at a shop and see what it looks like.

Looks like it may have had the loft bent strong? It might actually be normal but it's hard to tell from that pic.

Putting was fine last time I used the putter about two weeks ago. The shaft just seems extremely leaned to the left when you look at if from the front. I was hoping someone else had a 2.5 that I could compare it to.

As long as it looks fine at the address and does not hurt your putting, I wouldnt worry about it.

Looks like it may have had the loft bent strong? It might actually be normal but it's hard to tell from that pic.
Just what I was thinking

I have one just like it and I'll try to post a pic in the next day or so. It doesn't look "right" though.

I have one just like it and I'll try to post a pic in the next day or so. It doesn't look "right" though.

That would be great. Thanks. I also one of a shop that sells them I am going to see if they have one after work today.

i've heard of hitting up on the ball with a negative loft angle, but this is ridiculous

Found these two photos on the net. Sorry for the blurry quality. They were like that before I saved them.

Both appear to have the same lean as mine.
9f7d52795e49d123fd226335e21b61d7.jpg

3c5d3d432c03bb03f260c295dedc5cd2.jpg

Does this look off to you?

Ok so good news (for me). I stopped by a local shop that has Scotty putters. I put mine next to one that's new and it was the sand in every way I could see.
ab8613016f5105979d33064deb843311.jpg

Thanks for all the help.

Back