Torrey Pines South #THPCallOut: 2 Matches, Alez367 v. TimeForTim & Taos v. SDN

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sandiegonative

Reaction score
Handicap

The time has come for another epic Torrey Pines South #THPCallOut. What's the twist???? There will two separate matches going on simultaneously.

As required, each match has it's own thread.

Match #1:
Alez367 (Alex) vs. TimeForTim (Tim)

Match #2 can be followed here -link-

When and Where:
- On Wednesday the 3rd of August 2016 at 3:20pm PST, Alez367 (Alex), TimeForTim (Tim), Taos (Jordan) and I (Minh) will be taking our matches to the site of the 2008 U.S. Open (a.k.a. Tiger Wood's last major win) and 2021 U.S. Open, Torrey Pines Golf South Course.

The Format:
- We will be playing match play.
- Alex will be giving Tim a stroke on the 4 hardest holes per side. Tim gets a pop on holes 1, 4, 7, and 9 on the front and 12, 13, 14, and 17 on the back.

South_Scorecard.png

Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon:

- I met Jordan on another Golf Forum and while he was working at the local Golf Mart. After getting suspended for speaking my mind, Jordan recommended “The Hackers Paradise”. He mentioned his friend Alex (who used to work at the Golf Mart too) who really enjoyed the community. Alex and I became friends in the fall of 2014. It was love at first sight. I catch him checking me out every time we tee it off.
- Tim and I were fortunate enough to have been selected for the 2015 #TheKing THP Event. We were both on #TeamHashtag and roommates. We've kept in touch ever since.
- Tim must have lady luck on his side. He got selected for the upcoming 2016 Project X Handcrafted Experience after someone had to drop out. He called me and asked if I wanted to play Torrey Pines and here we are.

Tale of the Tape:

What’s in the Bag:
- As members of “The Hackers Paradise” nothing is more important than the equipment we will be playing.
- Alex is mainly Callaway/Odyssey and a single Taylormade M2 Driver.
- Tim has a mixed bag consisting of Callaway, PING, and Taylormade.

Alez367's WITB:
Taylormade M2 Driver
Callaway XR 3w
Callaway V Series Heavenwood 20.5°
Callaway Apex UT 24°
Callaway Apex Pro '16 5-9
Callaway MackDaddy3 Wedges 46°, 50°, 54°, & 60°
Odyssey Metal-X Milled #1 Putter

TimeForTim's WITB:
PING G Driver
Taylormade R15 3w
Callaway Big Bertha 815 Alpha Hybrid 18°
PING i-E1 Irons 5-PW, UW
Callaway MackDaddy Wedges 56° & 60°
Taylormade Itsy Bitsy Spider Putter

- Will Alex finally get a #THPCallOut "Win"? Or will Torrey Pines South take him to 0-4?
- Will Tim be able to get over the FACT that he is finally playing the South Course at Torrey Pines? Or will he succumb to her beauty, length, rough, and greens?

Last edited:
Man this will be fun follow! Bunch of great dudes here. My only complaint is im not there to tag along as fith wheel

I can't wait for this to happen. Teeing it up with friends is always a good time. Tim I'm looking forward to meeting you and having fun. You'll definitely be able to do some last minute testing before Thursday and Friday's days at Project X.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man this will be fun follow! Bunch of great dudes here. My only complaint is im not there to tag along as fith wheel

The offer still stands; you find a way out here, Torrey pines tee time will be covered.

Love the setup and venue. Going to be fun to follow. I think Alex will break his cherry for his first #THPCallOut win.
Second match I'm going with SanDiegoNative. I think Minh could take advantage of the pops.

Good luck fellas.

I'm looking forward to this round so much! Minh will go home crying, but that's ok, we'll all have a great time.

I'm looking forward to this round so much! Minh will go home crying, but that's ok, we'll all have a great time.

Apparently they don't drug test where Jordan works. After the 3rd of Aug, both YOU and Alex will start addressing me as DADDY

Very nice! I'll be keeping up with this match while we're playing at Maderas. Have fun fellas!

Apparently they don't drug test where Jordan works. After the 3rd of Aug, both YOU and Alex will start addressing me as DADDY

The funny part is that they do! Haha. I guess we know who out of the 3 of us is really clean now.

Looking forward to following along with this one. I'm taking Alez367 and SDNative.

Going to be rooting for Jordan and Alex in this one! Will be cool to follow along with this one!

Going to be rooting for Jordan and Alex in this one! Will be cool to follow along with this one!

Thanks MusicMaster6921 I need all the extra motivation I can get

Hey guys, make sure you read through the THP Call OUt stuff. You are going to want to separate this into two threads if possible.

Very nice! I'll be keeping up with this match while we're playing at Maderas. Have fun fellas!

I believe we have a 2nd 3:40 tee time on the South Course if you guys want to play a "real" course I don't think Maderas is hosting an U.S. Open any time in our lifetimes.

Looking forward to following along with this one. I'm taking Alez367 and SDNative.
I probably would also. They know the course inside and out.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

I believe we have a 2nd 3:40 tee time on the South Course if you guys want to play a "real" course I don't think Maderas is hosting an U.S. Open any time in our lifetimes.

I'll be hitting you guys up soon enough for a Torrey day... I'm only 90 minutes away. With not being able to prebook twilight times there, it was a little too much of a gamble with needing 2 times... 3 if you, alex and taos were going to play.

Hey guys, make sure you read through the THP Call OUt stuff. You are going to want to separate this into two threads if possible.

Alex, Jordan, and Tim, I'll take care of separating the two matches into two separate threads.

I got your back Tim! :good:

I'll be hitting you guys up soon enough for a Torrey day... I'm only 90 minutes away. With not being able to prebook twilight times there, it was a little too much of a gamble with needing 2 times... 3 if you, alex and taos were going to play.

Anytime you want let me know. It's doable

I'm just worried about your travel schedule. You've been playing a lot. Its also hard to pull for a NorCal guy so close to our match up.

No worries. Like I said if I was a betting man I would go that way also. They just know the lay of the land, and thay never helps a first timer.

Torrey count down...4 more days. I will probably play like crap, but I don't care.

Torrey count down...4 more days. I will probably play like crap, but I don't care.

Don't even worry about it man. Hopefully we can periscope a few of the known holes and have some fun long the way. Either way score isn't going to matter

Nice! I'll be tuning in to see how this goes down!

This is going to be awesome, and I'm going with Taos and my NorCal bro time4tim. Hope you guys have a great time out there!!!

Back