The 2015 Grandaddy - Chance Of A Lifetime

Clock is speeding up fellas and daylight about to get a penalty stroke. We all are behind each and every one of you...never think we are not checking in on you.

it's awful. Tonight will be the last time I drive home from work and the sun will be out. Luckily a stretch of golf is opening up for me as long as the weather cooperates. I've been pretty open that I think the battle for me is going to be from Veterans Day to the day I land in SD. Leaving work in the dark is awful, driving yourself to the range to hit balls in the dark, just as bad.

Clock is speeding up fellas and daylight about to get a penalty stroke. We all are behind each and every one of you...never think we are not checking in on you.

Luckily there is a heated/lighted range about 25 minutes from my office that will get a nice workout

I was just re-reading last years live update thread cause well, as Troy Aikman would say...I dwell on the past :alien:

Anyhow just a thought/reminder to Team Redemption....install Tapatalk on your phones and learn how to use it BEFORE you get there!! Lots of us will be watching and knowing how to embed photos instead of posting links makes for a much easier read to us following along.

Leaving work in the dark is awful, driving yourself to the range to hit balls in the dark, just as bad.

There's something about hitting a ball on a really well lit range. The ball flight just looks cooler for some reason and it seems to pop a little more.

There's something about hitting a ball on a really well lit range. The ball flight just looks cooler for some reason and it seems to pop a little more.

I do like that, but not when it's 40.

I do like that, but not when it's 40.
Get yourself a puffy coat.

I'm curious if the heaters in the bays at Route Fore are fixed? Since it's been FOREVER since they last worked, I'll go with NO. Anyone else have heated bays? Northway 8?

Rain is letting up. Getting out this afternoon! Can't wait to do some work with the mini driver

Sent from my Verizon iPhone using Tapatalk

I was able to get out to the range this morning and also out on the course. 44 and a little windy with leaves everywhere, but I got some good practice in. Drove the ball well, played 2 balls in to the green, and then dropped even more balls around the green working on getting up and down. One good thing about it being cold, I had the whole course to myself.

Not my best round of the year today but it was promising in a few ways. Had some real nice up and downs to save par, putted pretty well and today's round was with a set of irons I had never used before. No real reason to try these irons other than just trying something different. I will absolutely not be one to complain about having to get used to my free new irons, but I also understand it is a transition and it's only obvious that the first two days I have my irons won't necessarily be the best two. It was fun playing with THPers and it was nice to get out on a course, but man I need to do everything I can to keep the swing fresh because I like how it feels right now

Alright mini driver is legit

Alright mini driver is legit

Nice! Looking forward to your thoughts in that thread, its a unique club.

Not my best round of the year today but it was promising in a few ways. Had some real nice up and downs to save par, putted pretty well and today's round was with a set of irons I had never used before. No real reason to try these irons other than just trying something different. I will absolutely not be one to complain about having to get used to my free new irons, but I also understand it is a transition and it's only obvious that the first two days I have my irons won't necessarily be the best two. It was fun playing with THPers and it was nice to get out on a course, but man I need to do everything I can to keep the swing fresh because I like how it feels right now

Keep on keeping on brotherman, love where your mind is right now.

We are officially into November now. Next month we go on our journey. Next freaking month!!!! 5 short weeks fellas!

We are officially into November now. Next month we go on our journey. Next freaking month!!!! 5 short weeks fellas!

That's crazy!

Got some good prep in today, played some match play format. I lost but it was a good learning experience. Its actually the first time I've ever played 18 holes of One on One Match Play. I basically lost the match in the final 5 holes. I was one up going into 14 and ended up walking down the 18th One Down and my opponent had a nice par to seal the win. Definitely a lot of good things to think about going forward, but for today I'll be licking my wounds.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Sitting at the airport ready to head west for a week & this event is on my mind. So many reasons why I wanted in this event. I get to experience golf nirvana with my favorite OEM, I get to be part of a team that will test every aspect of my game, but more importantly I get to represent this great community like few others have.

I love golf and I love being a member of THP. It's hard to explain, but this place just fills a void I never knew existed. I've made friends who are considered family and I have a whole new perspective on what the word brotherhood means.

My golf bag is with me and I will get to the range while I'm away because this place and my teammates deserve that. I'm not sure what game I'm brining to California in December, but it will be the best I have. I will fight for every point and I will enjoy every single second of the experience. I will make sure my teammates have fun and we smell the roses every step of the way. No words can thank Jman for captaining this team, JB & GG for dreaming up this event or the support from my team. December cannot get here soon enough. #TheBeltComesHome

Sitting at the airport ready to head west for a week & this event is on my mind. So many reasons why I wanted in this event. I get to experience golf nirvana with my favorite OEM, I get to be part of a team that will test every aspect of my game, but more importantly I get to represent this great community like few others have.

I love golf and I love being a member of THP. It's hard to explain, but this place just fills a void I never knew existed. I've made friends who are considered family and I have a whole new perspective on what the word brotherhood means.

My golf bag is with me and I will get to the range while I'm away because this place and my teammates deserve that. I'm not sure what game I'm brining to California in December, but it will be the best I have. I will fight for every point and I will enjoy every single second of the experience. I will make sure my teammates have fun and we smell the roses every step of the way. No words can thank Jman for captaining this team, JB & GG for dreaming up this event or the support from my team. December cannot get here soon enough. #TheBeltComesHome

You sir are a fine example of not only a THP'er, but a Father, Husband, Friend, Teammate, and Person. Your mind really seems to be in a great place for this event! I am a MikeG fan buddy! you are going to accomplish great things with #TeamRedemption! I cannot wait to follow your guys experience out there!

We are a month or so out. How are you guys feeling about your games? Not the swing but the game. I'll see three games in action soon and that excites me. Hope to play the role of Darthfinely and test some people. But if not I'll get to see some legends in action.

I hope everyone has this all in perspective. I know I'm on the outside looking in and my emotions aren't near any of yours. But I've been in all types of situations during my golfing career. And what I have realized is that this is just a game. It's a great test but it is a game at its core. You all will be spoiled beyond few of our imaginations but when it's all said it down, you're fathers, sons, brothers, boyfriends and husbands. Oh yeah......you're all members of #teameffnredemption hard to look past that. Go do you and the rest will fall where it should.

We are a month or so out. How are you guys feeling about your games? Not the swing but the game. I'll see three games in action soon and that excites me. Hope to play the role of Darthfinely and test some people. But if not I'll get to see some legends in action.

I hope everyone has this all in perspective. I know I'm on the outside looking in and my emotions aren't near any of yours. But I've been in all types of situations during my golfing career. And what I have realized is that this is just a game. It's a great test but it is a game at its core. You all will be spoiled beyond few of our imaginations but when it's all said it down, you're fathers, sons, brothers, boyfriends and husbands. Oh yeah......you're all members of #teameffnredemption hard to look past that. Go do you and the rest will fall where it should.
You have an amazing way with words Freddie. Love it.

How am I feeling about my game? About 85-90% good. The driver continues to be an issue that isn't there on the range, so I don't know how to get out of my own way on the course, or how to just turn my brain off when I'm on the tee. Beyond driver, hybrids and irons are pretty solid, wedges are coming around nicely, and putting is much improved.

Honestly, I'm hoping the grandness of this event distracts me while I'm on the course as has seemed to be the case at big events in the past; I get lost in the many other aspects of the event and play much better. That being said, I plan on working very hard over the next 5 weeks to shore up this ship.

Honestly, I think my "game" is in a better position than my swing right now and I'm ok with that. I know that I can get my swing back in a groove without overdoing it. But my mental approach to my game is much improved. A THPer said something to me a few months back that really stuck with me. And it helps that he's a part of this team too. You don't have to have all cylinders clicking to be a force, you just have to score. Find ways to score and you'll be in position to win your match. I also feel like I learned a lot from my Gauntlet captain JRod. Attitude and your approach to a round of golf can really have a positive influence on your round. Keep it fun, keep it about the big picture and you have nothing to lose. And that's a deadly formula.

You have an amazing way with words Freddie. Love it.

How am I feeling about my game? About 85-90% good. The driver continues to be an issue that isn't there on the range, so I don't know how to get out of my own way on the course, or how to just turn my brain off when I'm on the tee. Beyond driver, hybrids and irons are pretty solid, wedges are coming around nicely, and putting is much improved.

Honestly, I'm hoping the grandness of this event distracts me while I'm on the course as has seemed to be the case at big events in the past; I get lost in the many other aspects of the event and play much better. That being said, I plan on working very hard over the next 5 weeks to shore up this ship.

Do you have a go to shot with the driver? If not, find one and live by it. Don't TRY to find the fairways. Set up for your shot and play it. Except the results and I think you'll get out of your own way.

With the wedges, play for the far side of the flag. Be aggressive on uphill chips and always green it. Always give your putter a chance to pick you up. Don't try shots you don't know around the greens. If your in a quandary and hope to pull of the right shot. I'd rather you play the high percentage than give the hole away.

Don't count on anything, always expect that your opponent is going to force you to make. This will keep the pressure off your shoulders and firmly on his or hers.

Honestly, I think my "game" is in a better position than my swing right now and I'm ok with that. I know that I can get my swing back in a groove without overdoing it. But my mental approach to my game is much improved. A THPer said something to me a few months back that really stuck with me. And it helps that he's a part of this team too. You don't have to have all cylinders clicking to be a force, you just have to score. Find ways to score and you'll be in position to win your match. I also feel like I learned a lot from my Gauntlet captain JRod. Attitude and your approach to a round of golf can really have a positive influence on your round. Keep it fun, keep it about the big picture and you have nothing to lose. And that's a deadly formula.

Johnny is a rare breed when it comes to calming the nerves. And you are 100% correct, the goal is the least amount of strokes. I'll take a shank driver, shank 7 irons and a hopes 8 iron over a sweet looking swing anyway. You'll be fine and if your not, your in the company of family.

Honestly my game is feeling mediocre right now. Driver has gone to absolutely crap... I have made up for it in different ways and that has not "harmed" my game overall.

I am hitting my irons excellent. My wedge game is getting better since moving to a new environment. And my putting is above average.

Not that I don't care, but honestly I don't care. If I get too up in arms about it, it will only go downhill. I will hit the course in December and adjust my game as needed. It won't stop me from having a blast and enjoying every minute of it!

A match play tip I wanted to share that I learned the during singles day last year. Don't let one bad hole or shot ruin your day or your match. Take your medicine and move on, don't let your opponent gain any momentum. Uncle Mo can definitely be a game changer in match play.

It was a par 3, probably 125-130 yds, I remember because I didn't have a gap wedge and that was in between yardage for me the whole time. So I choked down on a PW and straight shanked it right in the water. Now if your anything like me a horrible shot like that can be extremely frustrating and could lead to bad things if you let it.

I dont know if he saw my frustration or if he had been in that position before but when I got in the cart JB suggested that I just concede the hole and gather myself for the next one. I was up a few holes on Finley at this time so I did just that. Finley and I talked in the carts while AJ and JB finished out.

Match play is a whole different beast and it was a great lesson learned for me. It could have been a turning point but instead I was able to put it behind me and move on.

Back