Decisions Decisions.

DB86

Reaction score
Handicap
So ever since I took on the stamping of my putter and messed it up I've been upset over it. After speaking with a company that says they can restore it and add some custom options that I want. Black coating, paint fill, additional sight lines, fix my screw up, etc. for around $130. I'm trying to decide wether to bite the bullet and have it fixed/customized, leave it as is and spend the money on another putter, or just leave it as is and keep the money in the bank. Here is an embarrassing photo of the messed up J.D. On my putter. I'm just looking for opinions.
189b281d2ca86ca32883768084cfdccf.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would just pay the $130 and have it done (re-done).

I'm leaning towards getting it fixed/customized. In reality due to the stamping anyway it's not worth a dime to anyone but me and my two sons. I'm embarrassed to even show sit to anyone right now.

Personally I would have it done. It you don't like the looks of it currently, spend the money so you can love the putter again.

Last edited:
Personally, I would leave it...unless you misspelled your name, it really doesn't look bad. How often are you going to look at it anyways? In my eyes it looks unique.

Just like getting a scratch or ding in your brand new car...after awhile, you don't even care it's there.

are you talking about the raised "R" in Berry? I thought you did it on purpose

If you don't like the look but like the performance pay the 130.

are you talking about the raised "R" in Berry? I thought you did it on purpose

I'm talking about the JD and the two dots between them they run together and the punch broke on those so they are a little marred up. I did so the R that way on purpose.

Personally I think it looks fine. That being said it's not mine. If the looks of it bothers you spend the money and get it fixed so that you can be happy with it.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

I know you have been unhappy with the 2 dots since you first posted it. I'd get it done for the $130 because you're always going to look at it and hate it.

I think I'm going to go for it. Probably wait until golf season is over though. I am looking at something like this maybe with some red thrown in.
e39ec71b414c4bd445eb37880cfe03a6.jpg

I say go for it. It's one of those things that will nag at you when you look at it.

If it bothers you that much, pay to get it fixed. Life's too short to be unhappy.

It's in a spot where you won't really be able to see it at address, but I know the feeling. Where you know it's there even tho you don't see it.
If you got money to burn, get it fixed. However I would just take the easy route and paint fill it with a silver that matches the finish so it's less noticeable. Even if you just filled the "dots" between the letters with silver, it'd probably look better.

It's in a spot where you won't really be able to see it at address, but I know the feeling. Where you know it's there even tho you don't see it.
If you got money to burn, get it fixed. However I would just take the easy route and paint fill it with a silver that matches the finish so it's less noticeable. Even if you just filled the "dots" between the letters with silver, it'd probably look better.

Great idea. I may give that a try before I send it off. I'll post some photos.

Great idea. I may give that a try before I send it off. I'll post some photos.
I'd do like 2 thin layers of paint so it builds up. Almost where it ends up going higher up then the surface a bit, then just do a quick wipe with acetone and it should look pretty dang level/almost hidden.

I would fix it, if it bothered me.

Funny, some people would pay to have the style lettering ...

Depends how much it bothers you, I would have it fixed though.

Back