New equipment vs practice/skill

Definitely skill.

I look at it this way - I buy the shiny new club so I can get my butt out to the range and practice more.

Last edited:
I'll pull the new guy move and start a thread on a topic that interests me.

Curious what your take is on how you find a balance between knowing when it is an issue that practice or lessons fixe or an issue solved by new equipment.

Backstory, golfed as a child then got a set of adult sticks when I turned 13, then slowly stopped golfing. Maybe range or one round per year for the last 20 years with large periods of neither. Recently got back into it and the bug for new equipment bit hard. Since my gear was roughly 20 years old I researched and practiced with my old gear then settled on a combo of the best deals & my desires for new equipment.

Ive got a slot open in my bag and time will tell how or if I need to fill it.

Thats where your your thoughts come in, how do you best determine if your shortcomings are skill or gear related
?

That's a tough one to answer. It's a process really, and it is much easier to accomplish with the help of a trained eye and someone who has no problem telling you the hard truth. Obviously skill is way more important, but particularly ill-fitting equipment can also cause a lot of problems.
jmho

It has always been the Indian, not the arrow.......

New equipment wont hurt though...

If you're playing anything made within the last five years, possibly even longer save driver your problems are almost 100% skill.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Back