JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Ever wonder how the shaft of your new Project X HZRDUS Red gets painted? Picturing a high tech machine making it perfectly even? Well it's low tech, but takes perfect precision and here is a look at a couple of shafts getting done.
The Pink that is already on the shafts is a primer, and not actually paint and without precision through proper technique, shaft weight and look could both be off.

That's pretty amazing!!!

That is really cool and looks so simple. Heck, even I could use that machine to paint shafts.

That's neat.

He makes it look so effortless.

Really was cool to see how simple and easy it was, not what you would expect at all.

This was pretty cool to see, what was even more fun was all of us getting excited about a Pink Hzrdus shaft when we saw the prepped shafts sitting there. Oops.

simple from a process standpoint? yes. easy from a skill standpoint? i would say no. these guys were craftsmen who while appearing effortless have honed their skills over many years. it was very interesting to watch.

one of my biggest takeaways from project x as a company and its set of products is that "handcrafted" is not a made-up bs marketing term; there is not a lot of automation in the processes for the handcrafted lines, and i gained an appreciation for the pricing that comes with that much skilled labor.

Still waiting for the JB swirl to be completed!

simple from a process standpoint? yes. easy from a skill standpoint? i would say no. these guys were craftsmen who while appearing effortless have honed their skills over many years. it was very interesting to watch.

one of my biggest takeaways from project x as a company and its set of products is that "handcrafted" is not a made-up bs marketing term; there is not a lot of automation in the processes for the handcrafted lines, and i gained an appreciation for the pricing that comes with that much skilled labor.

Oh no doubt, one of the crazier things was watching him sample the blue pearl on shafts for me. He could moderate the amount of pearl on the shaft based on how much he put in and how quickly he did it, pretty cool to see.

Oh no doubt, one of the crazier things was watching him sample the blue pearl on shafts for me. He could moderate the amount of pearl on the shaft based on how much he put in and how quickly he did it, pretty cool to see.

I saw that previously and its pretty darn amazing.

This is not easy... As we saw when we tried it at UST. They make it look wayyy easier than it actually is.

That is really cool!

Not what I expected

Not what I expected

Wow, that was not the process I expected to see. Fun to see and learn some of the tricks of the trade.

As I always say, "There are some clever people in this world"! That's simple and cool!

Back