Big SoIL

Reaction score
Handicap
Lots of different hypothetical situations you could put yourself in, what is yours? When would you want the 58 and when would you want the major? The 58 puts you in a class all by yourself as the only person to ever shoot that score. Then there's the major...

Major, the 58 is a great feat but there is always the chance someone will shoot it again or even lower. No one can ever take away the major, it will stand the test of time.

Major without even needing to think about it. Having one great round is cool, but putting together 4 good rounds of golf to beat the best golfer's in the world would be unbelievable.

I would take Furyks first EVER 58 over a Major. Any day.

I tend to agree with you guys, but I still keep going back to there being 1.5 million rounds played and one 58 recorded. Only six 59's I think, 58 is pretty incredibly rare.

That's sort of my thinking. He's the only guy to have ever done it in a PGA tournament, which means he'll always have the fact that he was the first, even if someone does eventually match his score.

But, depending on your career trajectory to that point, the major could do a lot more long term for you.

Both are great achievements but I would take a major.

I'd definitely take a major.

Especially now that a 58 has been done, no one wants to be the second person to do that.

Give me a 57 though, and then it might be a harder decision :D

Major all day every day.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

It would be a major for me!

I'd take the major, since money is involved, the major pays a bit more.

That's tough, depends on which Major. I'd say Major if it was The Masters, US Open or The Open Championship, 58 over the PGA. More people will remember the 58 then Y.E. Yang and Rich Beem.

I'd take any major over the low score.

I'd take a major win, without hesitation.

As much as I would like to shoot the lowest round ever, there is always a shot someone might best me. If I were to win a Major Championship, no one could ever take that achievement away.

After starting the US Open (or Masters) final round 10 shots out, I would like to shoot a 58 and record an amazing come from behind victory.

Major >>>>>>>>>>>>>> 58. I mean, this is the 2nd 58 in less than a month. (Of course PGA 58 >> web.com 58)

I'm not sure it's a major as easily as everyone here is saying.

What do you remember more, Al Geiberger shooting 59 or Jerry Pate, Lanny Wadkins or John Mahaffey winning majors? They all happened about 40 years ago and only one of them did I not have to look up. They all happened about 10 years before I was born.

Winning a major has more benefits (money, exemptions etc). Both are great achievements but someday someone is going to shoot lower. I'd take the major.

58 for sure. Players win 4 majors every year, in the history of golf that's a lot of majors and I don't remember hardly any of the winners. How many people shot 58, heck even 59? I remember most of them. And of course Annika's 59 on LPGA is more memorable that who won the last 5 majors for them.

Major >>>>>>>>>>>>>> 58. I mean, this is the 2nd 58 in less than a month. (Of course PGA 58 >> web.com 58)
We've had two first time major winners in less than a month, too.

Ditto, shooting your own score that probably won't be beat for quite sometime, what a great record to hold by yourself.

At first I was thinking major, but then I started to think. Al Geiburger is known as Mr. 59 right? Anyone know how many majors he won(yes I know)? Be he's known as Mr. 59. I still lean towards a major, but it's not as lopsided as I thought

It is very close but I'll take the major.

Back