Nike Golf: Is it foolish to buy clubs at this point?

bmxsulli

Reaction score
Hey guys, this is my first post so sorry if its not in the right spot.

I'm relatively new to golf, so stereo-typically, i went with a good amount of Nike clubs for my first bag. I REALLY like their Vapor Fly driver, not based on the brand, but I got fitted and I hit it well. I was planning on buying a matching hybrid and some woods, but now that they're going out of the golf game, I was wondering what others' thoughts are towards still investing in their equipment still. Is there a down side to having equipment you can no longer get? Or should I buy what I like while I can?

Thanks for the input guys.

Downside? Not necessarily outside of warranty issues.
its been heavily discounted and in the coming months, its going to be marked down substantially more.

I wouldn't say its foolish. If they equipment plays well and you can get it cheap, why not?

Buy some few back ups.

Play whatever works for you, if an old persimmon driver worked better for me than my current one, I'd play it.

Only downside would be getting it serviced if something happened to them.

Just do it! See what I did there. Almost seems foolish not to given that you hit them well.

If you hit it well game it ,no matter if the company is not around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nike Golf: Is it foolish to but clubs at this point?

Nike Golf: Is it foolish to but clubs at this point?

I need to replace my worn out Scor wedges and figured I might be able to pick up some Nikes on the cheap. I don't want to get crap wedges though just to save money. Would anybody recommend Nike wedges?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I will be buying Nike Wedges when they get marked down a bit more, because, well, Nike wedges.

Not foolish at all, if the gear works for you, then get it on the cheap.

Hey guys, this is my first post so sorry if its not in the right spot.

I'm relatively new to golf, so stereo-typically, i went with a good amount of Nike clubs for my first bag. I REALLY like their Vapor Fly driver, not based on the brand, but I got fitted and I hit it well. I was planning on buying a matching hybrid and some woods, but now that they're going out of the golf game, I was wondering what others' thoughts are towards still investing in their equipment still. Is there a down side to having equipment you can no longer get? Or should I buy what I like while I can?

Thanks for the input guys.

Always buy what you like, never buy what you think you'll like. Test everything and only buy what you're comfortable playing day in and day out. If the company is no longer active then that shouldn't take away from your enjoyment of the game. Plenty of other OEMs that offer great equipment

If you were fit and it works for you I say go for it. You get a bag set up for a fraction of the cost it normally would be and the gear will last for a few seasons.

It is never dumb to stick with a club you hit well. Besides, everybody who has been playing a while can tell you about a club, or set, that they wish they still had. And as for them no longer being in production; nobody will be making this years model next year. Most cool stuff isn't made anymore. That's part of what makes it cool.

Stock up. Good equipment at a phenomenal discount!

If you hit them well and like the looks, by all means buy them. If something drastic happens to them outside of normal wear and tear, you might have an issue but those problems tend to be fairly rare. Just take good care of them and you'll have a good bag for years to come.

I say stock up as well, not like there is an expiration date on a club. Eat up the course with confidence.

Back