What Ball Did You Play Last - What Are Your Thoughts?

Been playing a mix of Srixon Q-Stars, Bridgestone B330-RX, and ProV1. Like them all to be honest, Q-Stars for every day and B330/ProV1 for days I'm feeling "on".

E7 for the last few rounds. I've been playing it the whole season and love it. Feels great on full shots and like how it comes off the putter and wedges.

Although I bought a dozen B330 RX's for fun so I'll be interested in comparing.

I've been playing the Callaway speed regime 2. I switched from the x2 hot+ a couple weeks ago and I'm in love. It feels very similar to the x2 hots but the sr2 really shines from inside 100yd. I've never had a ball that I could get to check and or roll back, and it's great

Wilson Staff Duo Spin today. I love the way these balls feel off of my irons. More greenside spin than Duo but not quite enough for me. Solid ball off the tee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been gaming the Duo Spins lately as well since my bro gave me 2 sleeves. I really really like them.

Played my last 2 rounds with my last SR2 i found in my bag. It feels a bit harder than the CS ive been playing but two rounds in the 70's, so its a solid ball. Ive got some good distance off the tee, maybe a bit more than the CS but at $20-$30 more per box ill be sticking with the CS.

Bought a sleeve of Chrome Soft Truvis and a sleeve of e7's. What a night and day difference. Played the Chrome Soft first and played exactly one hole with the e7's before I switched back. Those Chrome Soft's are amazing. Feel soft, but they're rockets off just about everything and felt good around the green. Very controllable.

For kicks I tried the Wilson Ultra 500. Unlike a lot of balls that promise extra yardage, this one delivers. I was getting an extra 10 yards per drive but unfortunately I couldn't salvage a respectable short game with them. Back to the Pinnacle Gold for me and my buddy gets the 3 sleeves of Wilson Ultra 500 balls he likes.

Last edited:
Anyone who likes Supersoft and Duo, I would highly suggest the Maxifli Softfli. This ball plays just like the others and you can get them at 2 dozen at $25 at Dicks.

Bought a Chrome Soft sleeve, played two 9 hole rounds and lost it playing 18 and didn't pull another one out. I've been playing the SR3 and V1x this summer but probably going to switch when I run out of them. I really like the SR3 but the feel of the CS and how it reacts around the green puts it ahead for me. I also played a 2013(?) V1 a few weeks ago and liked it more than the V1x.

Rotated the last round with a Q-Star and a B-330s.

The Q-Star was great off of the tee, and I was very accurate, but was leaving a little on the table around the greens. Since, the driver was so agreeable I thought I'd throw in the B330s. First hole was great, with a straight drive and then a checked up 7iron... then I started missing fairways with too much draw... then sprinkled in a fade here and there. Went back to the qstar, and was back to driving the ball straight. It's either mental, or that little bit of driver spin... b330s might be a little out of my league.

Tried playing a 330-RX from my "shag" pocket as it was super windy at tee time. I wasn't putting any of my normal gamers in play with the risk of losing a ton. After 10 holes it had to go back in the bag for a 2015 ProV1. Not even close in comparison for me.

This confirms that the ProV1 and Chrome Soft are the best golf balls for my game. I've tried to like others but none perform like these two

Played the chrome soft today. It played pretty well I sucked a couple back and had some check quite a bit harder on pitches then I was thinking they would have. Not too bad, they are starting to grow one me. I just wish they sounded better off my irons.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Played a combo of b330S and proV1 on Friday. Cannot tell too much difference between these balls except on approach shots. ProV1 spins more.
Played B330rx on Sat. Good spin off irons, but not as much as the Prov1 or 1x that I usually play. Every other aspect of the B330rx is solid, including durability. Ball has a little wear after 18 holes, but it looks really good still.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had the b330rx out for a few rounds and it's a great ball but after getting the Z star XV back in play I'm sticking with it for awhile. I just love the way they feel and they perform incredibly well

ProV1x and I'm pretty impressed with what I'm seeing. It feels hard as a rock though compared to the CS and SS.

FG Tour. It's exceptional off every club but truly shines around the green.

Played with a Pro V 1 the second 9 today. Distance was solid. Was sticking on the greens alright..although not as well as the chrome soft seems to for me. Pretty good performance overall though.

I've been playing HEX Warbird Callaway balls for a month or so. Very long ball and lower spin means great distance. $17.99 a dozen. They work, so I use em.

Another round with the B330RX today and will play it until I use up the last few in my bag, at which point I think it will be a Chrome Softs that take over

Full shots stop pretty quick and I even got one to dance a little bit on an approach with a wedge. Off the tee it was very solid today, although I never pulled driver at all and spent the day using my 5W and 3W depending on the length of the hole, but it was excellent in the wind

Nike PD Soft. I like yellow balls because they are easier for my eyes to see in the air, on the fairway, or in the rough stuff. My regular course has a limited selection of yellow offerings and Nike PD Soft were one of the two they offer. I drove this ball pretty far but I felt like I had less control of the ball when I needed it. I also noticed a fair bit of side spin.
Take away is - after a round with the Wilson 500's and a round the Nike PD Soft's? I need to get into town and stock up on Pinnacle Gold's while I continue the search for a ball that I just love.

Pro v1x. Good ball, but I felt they rolled out a little more on approach shots than I was expecting. Not a ton, but enough to notice.

Callaway ChromeSoft Yellow. I really like this ball. I can actually get some spin around the green with this one. (not my strong point)

Played the Costco version of the Callaway hex control again this weekend for a best ball on a very sloppy track. Performed very well with the high launch and minimal side spin. It will be hard to unseat it as the wet weather/ slow track ball... at just over a buck a ball it's hard to beat... next up is the chrome soft truvis once it dries out

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Played the Bridgestone B330-RX hydro core at the Savannah invitational and, as usual, the performance was spot on in all aspects for my game.

Back