THP Dinner Menu Set

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
The THP Dinner at the PGA Show has been set and we just got our menu back for approval. I have to say that if anybody needs to ever put on a dinner or event in Orlando, try the Rosen Centre. The amount of personal care and attention that they have put into our small 50 person dinner is astonishing.

Here is the menu that they created for us and the reason for the post is for opinions. Do you think that:
1 - Is this enough variety
2 - Do you think this is enough for 50 people (I know size is not listed) but assume standard chafing dishes.

They have said they believe it is enough food, but we can always add one more dish if needed. Thoughts?

Salads
Traditional Caesar Salad with Hearts of Romaine Lettuce, Croutons and Parmesan Cheese
with Caesar Dressing

Caprese Salad of Vine Ripened Tomatoes and Mozzarella with Fresh Basil, Lemon Olive Oil, Aged Balsamic from Modena and Fresh Cracked Pepper

Entrees...
Silver Chafing Dishes of...

Cavatappi Pasta with Sweet Italian Sausage and Classic Marinara Sauce

Fontina Chicken with Wilted Spinach and Fontina Cheese and Barolo Wine Reduction

Sliced Sirloin & Roasted Shallots with Gorgonzola Butter

Herbed Risotto

Italian Vegetable Medley

Italian Bread Sticks, Focaccia Bread and Parmesan Crisps
Sweet Butter

Desserts...
Sicilian Cheesecake with Raspberries, Chocolate Black Out Cake, Tiramisu

Coffee & Tea Service featuring Freshly Brewed Colombian Regular & Decaffeinated Coffee, Assortment of Herbal Teas & Iced Tea

Full Bar
Bar fully stocked with wine and beer as well as 24 different liquors. Margarita Machine and bartender.

The THP Dinner at the PGA Show has been set and we just got our menu back for approval. I have to say that if anybody needs to ever put on a dinner or event in Orlando, try the Rosen Centre. The amount of personal care and attention that they have put into our small 50 person dinner is astonishing.

Here is the menu that they created for us and the reason for the post is for opinions. Do you think that:
1 - Is this enough variety
2 - Do you think this is enough for 50 people (I know size is not listed) but assume standard chafing dishes.

They have said they believe it is enough food, but we can always add one more dish if needed. Thoughts?

Salads
Traditional Caesar Salad with Hearts of Romaine Lettuce, Croutons and Parmesan Cheese
with Caesar Dressing

Caprese Salad of Vine Ripened Tomatoes and Mozzarella with Fresh Basil, Lemon Olive Oil, Aged Balsamic from Modena and Fresh Cracked Pepper

Entrees...
Silver Chafing Dishes of...

Cavatappi Pasta with Sweet Italian Sausage and Classic Marinara Sauce

Fontina Chicken with Wilted Spinach and Fontina Cheese and Barolo Wine Reduction

Sliced Sirloin & Roasted Shallots with Gorgonzola Butter

Herbed Risotto

Italian Vegetable Medley

Italian Bread Sticks, Focaccia Bread and Parmesan Crisps
Sweet Butter

Desserts...
Sicilian Cheesecake with Raspberries, Chocolate Black Out Cake, Tiramisu

Coffee & Tea Service featuring Freshly Brewed Colombian Regular & Decaffeinated Coffee, Assortment of Herbal Teas & Iced Tea

Full Bar
Bar fully stocked with wine and beer as well as 24 different liquors. Margarita Machine and bartender.

I'm sorry, are you having food? I zoned out after 'Margarita Machine'....

So you're saying there WON'T be Little Smokies?!?!?!?

• Admin
I am really hoping to get some feedback here. Do we need to add something that is a little different variety wise? Any suggestions?

I am with JB on this one, we do not want to run out of food or not have enough variety, so any feedback you all could give would be greatly appreciated, thanks!!

That looks like a pretty good spread to me.I guess it depends on what the guests are accustomed to.For me it would be way above what my culinary desires were.

Last edited:
I think the variety is great. You never know what people like or what they would want. Anyone should find something they like from what you have selected. I am a pretty picky eater and their are a couple of things I wouldn't touch, but at the same time, I could fill up on a couple things also.

If it is the same style of dishes I have seen in the past, I think it might not be enough with one per entree. We have catered meals at my office quite often and the 20-25 of us will go through 3 dishes pretty easily. Maybe add one dish of what should be the most popular? But, I would assume the Rosen Center people know what they are doing though and would trust their judgement. Just have plenty of bread. In the event someone doen't find something they like, they can always have some bread. I have been to many catered, crappy meals and had nothing but bread since I couldn't find anything I liked (yes, I am picky).

Reactions: JB
My wife is a vegetarian, so I'm always careful about reviewing menus.

I think you guys have enough variety to cover your bases.

Sounds great! Makes me hungry just thinking about it. Good variety.

My wife is a vegetarian, so I'm always careful about reviewing menus.

I think you guys have enough variety to cover your bases.

I agree. Being a diabetic, I also have to watch what's served. You have enough variety to cater to a diabetic's dietary needs. :thumb:

Thanks guys. I agree with the not enough food thing STL. I have been to hundreds of events and it just seems as though this is set for 35-40, despite that it says 50. I agree, they know better than we do, and he says there is usually leftovers, but I think 1 more dish may be a good idea.

It all looks good to me but maybe I would ditch either the herb risotto or vegetable medley for a seafood dish.

It all looks good to me but maybe I would ditch either the herb risotto or vegetable medley for a seafood dish.
seafood... from you I was expecting something with pork :D

seafood... from you I was expecting something with pork :D

They could do catfish. Catfish are basically just small swimming pigs.

I think your menu sounds great, but would like to mention something. Every dish has a sauce of some sort. I would suggest changing the beef to one that could be served with or without a sauce - could you go with a tenderloin with a horseradish sauce served on the side or would that add too much to the cost. I think adding a fish dish would be nice too. Many people eat fish and not beef or poultry. I'd also add a potato dish - I think they go better with beef than the rice would. I agree that there should be more rather than less.

I think your menu sounds great, but would like to mention something. Every dish has a sauce of some sort. I would suggest changing the beef to one that could be served with or without a sauce - could you go with a tenderloin with a horseradish sauce served on the side or would that add too much to the cost. I think adding a fish dish would be nice too. Many people eat fish and not beef or poultry. I'd also add a potato dish - I think they go better with beef than the rice would. I agree that there should be more rather than less.

I knew Diane would have some good ideas here. :clapp:

Very good ideas. Unsauced dishes must come with an attendant for a carving station for this menu and there is an extra cost for that. We are not opposed to that since we already paid for one in a bartender, but it would be different.

YUM! :hungry: It all sounds soooo good!!

Back